Post-Game Talk: #ScheifeleDown Wins it for the Jets 2-1 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wheeler didn't have a good game except for his goal and an assist on the game winning OT goal.:D

Sadly this game could easily gone the other way, post by the Lightning in OT, Jets took the night off around the mid point of the second period, no one on the Jets really stood out except for Man-toya who played well. Though Little, Ladd and Joki were non existent for the most part.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Hard to turn around what you're still learning at the next level. ;)

was gonna say that but didn't wanna pick nits

BUT since you so graciously opened the door....Scheif was great on the dot in Junior - just a matter of time learning to go against the adults

Of course he's learning - he's a rookie. That said, his FO percentage was not good early on - it is much improved. Is that not the definition of turning things around?

Scheifele was not good on the dot in Junior until the 2nd year of junior - not unexpected. Ended up garnering praise from other OHL coaches for his FO prowess at the end.

You guys bored tonight? Not enough controversial topics to discuss? ,:laugh:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Of course he's learning - he's a rookie. That said, his FO percentage was not good early on - it is much improved. Is that not the definition of turning things around?

Scheifele was not good on the dot in Junior until the 2nd year of junior - not unexpected. Ended up garnering praise from other OHL coaches for his FO prowess at the end.

I get confused with my role when the rollercoaster is going up. :p:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

We won tonight this takes the wind out of some sails.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll take this win.

Lindback played very well in the first and managed to keep his team in the mix, if it were not for his solid play in the first the jets would have racked a couple more.

Looked like they had all the momentum, but in typical Jets fashion, the goalie being solid started to get them into their funk.

No complaints though, they got the 2 and got on the plane home...

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
There is no such thing as an ugly road win! I love boring road games that result in a win.

Holy crap, don't look now but we are above .500!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The recent play of Scheifele is quietly one of the more important and positive developments in the Jets organization.

Good win, good road trip.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Wheeler didn't have a good game except for his goal and an assist on the game winning OT goal.:D

Sadly this game could easily gone the other way, post by the Lightning in OT, Jets took the night off around the mid point of the second period, no one on the Jets really stood out except for Man-toya who played well. Though Little, Ladd and Joki were non existent for the most part.

Disagree on Joker. I thought he played a real solid game. :dunno:

jetkarma*

Disagree on Joker. I thought he played a real solid game. :dunno:

2 - 1 OT win where you score the first goal on a nice tip and then make a really really good pass for the game winner kind makes it a good game for you imo .

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
Boy are they in for a suprise when they step off the plane in Winnipeg. I'm sure some will be asking for a trade lol.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Soooooo

Bright eyes in his rookie year but 3rd year after his draft:

31GP 3G 7Ast 10Pts

Burmi last season in his 3rd year after the draft and 3rd year in the NHL

44GP 4G 6Asts 10Pts

Not fancy stats but Mark is hangin in as a point getter.

jetkarma*

Trouba posted this to instagram.

@JacobTrouba: Looks like @markscheifele55 had a good time tonight. #OTwinner #thekids http://t.co/NQkSKCiJI8

Very cool , was looking for some photos of them after the goal and so far haven't found any. If anyone has some please post as you can't save the one in the instagram link.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Soooooo

Bright eyes in his rookie year but 3rd year after his draft:

31GP 3G 7Ast 10Pts

Burmi last season in his 3rd year after the draft and 3rd year in the NHL

44GP 4G 6Asts 10Pts

Not fancy stats but Mark is hangin in as a point getter.

But but but he's a bust!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad