Post-Game Talk: #ScheifeleDown Wins it for the Jets 2-1 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetkarma*

That was an awesome sequence there. Scheifele dons his clown shoes and confuses Tampa long enough to feed Wheeler and set up for the goal.

OR

He was aware enough to get up quickly , make a deft back pass , hustle to the prime scoring area and bury it.

Another way to look at it , the way I chose to ;)

Kid is developing well and has all sorts of intangibles , and is starting to deliver on the ice.

Side note , anyone have a photo of kid dynamite and 55 after the goal ? :)

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Not asking how, just how many.

4-2 is what I pegged them for on the road trip to start. I had four of those six games wrong though, with them winning in Philly and Florida, losing at NYR and TB. Oh well...just how many.

Eleven games to go in December. I have them winning seven of them.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
pretty bad game by both teams. no real flow or sustained pressure. but to be a relevant team you have to win games like these.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Which one did we lose that we should have won? If I remember correctly we got beat pretty solidly on our 2 loses...nothing unlucky about them.

Sorry: what I meant was they should have gone 5-1, but they blew their chance for that against Florida. Not that they DESERVED to be 5-1, just that they should have.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
OR

He was aware enough to get up quickly , make a deft back pass , hustle to the prime scoring area and bury it.

Another way to look at it , the way I chose to ;)

Kid is developing well and has all sorts of intangibles , and is starting to deliver on the ice.

Side note , anyone have a photo of kid dynamite and 55 after the goal ? :)

That's pretty much how I saw it. way to go kid :yo:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
OT: It's like a game at the MTSC when the Leafs win in Ottawa. What a disaster that must be for a Sens fan...

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Much needed 2 points.
Montoya played great.

Going from +30 to -30 the looks on the Jets faces will be priceless when they get off that plane.

bazaaa*

Sorry: what I meant was they should have gone 5-1, but they blew their chance for that against Florida. Not that they DESERVED to be 5-1, just that they should have.

Was gonna say the same thing. The FL game should have been the one guarantee the whole trip. 5-1 trip would have been fantastic.

jetkarma*

That's pretty much how I saw it. way to go kid :yo:

LOVED the play and goal , wasn't smooth or picture perfect but the awareness , hockey instinct , vision and effort made it happen.

Those are great traits to build a game on , and he will imo .

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm happy we won, but, that was an injury depleted Lightning team we were playing.

Nevertheless, nice goal by Scheifele!

jetkarma*

I'm happy we won, but, that was an injury depleted Lightning team we were playing.

Nevertheless, nice goal by Scheifele!

Kane , Bogosian , Slater , three pretty significant pieces , plus TB has been winning despite their depletions, like someone mentioned , getting the win is the key , on the road , a fine line in this league , I won't complain about this win.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Got to give credit where due; Wheeler had a freakin' great shift during Scheif's goal.

He received that crazy backhand pass off his skate and then smartly advanced the puck deep into the Lightning zone, posted up and fed the sweet dish to Scheif. Goal.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Got to give credit where due; Wheeler had a freakin' great shift during Scheif's goal.

He received that crazy backhand pass off his skate and then smartly advanced the puck deep into the Lightning zone, posted up and fed the sweet dish to Scheif. Goal.

It almost looks incidental on that deflection. As it played live, it looked like Wheeler was surprised that the puck was suddenly in front of him.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Hard to turn around what you're still learning at the next level. ;)

was gonna say that but didn't wanna pick nits

BUT since you so graciously opened the door....Scheif was great on the dot in Junior - just a matter of time learning to go against the adults

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
was gonna say that but didn't wanna pick nits

BUT since you so graciously opened the door....Scheif was great on the dot in Junior - just a matter of time learning to go against the adults

He is alredy starting to hold his own in the dot 1/3 of the way into his rookie season. This is actually pretty rare as rookie centers are usually eaten alive a lot longer than this. I would hazard to guess he will soon be known as a top faceoff guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad