Post-Game Talk: #ScheifeleDown Wins it for the Jets 2-1 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
What an OT goal for bright eyes :laugh:

Edit: also this
Get outta there with the extra point, boys!

SqZlt1I.gif

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I thought Wheeler had a really good game.
IF his hat is still in the olympic ring (hey, a pun!) I think tonight certainly helped his chances.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
About as close to losing again as you can get, but getting a win, not clean but they almost never are. But they should have lost.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
That was an awesome sequence there. Scheifele dons his clown shoes and confuses Tampa long enough to feed Wheeler and set up for the goal.

Apparently, in addition to the standard player archetypes like "power forward", "two way forward", "sniper" and "playmaker", we need to add "drunken master".

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
That was an awesome sequence there. Scheifele dons his clown shoes and confuses Tampa long enough to feed Wheeler and set up for the goal.

:laugh:

Another ROW, finally.

Bobble by Scheifo the Clowno, followed by a nice behind the back pass, and a great tip of a slick pass by Wheels. Nice end to a strange game - Jets dominate early, then go to sleep and protect the tie after that crazy goal with .2s left. Wheels with a nice game tonight. :nod:

Almost fell asleep in the 3rd.

Onwards and upwards: 4-2 on the trip, unfortunately should have been 5-1.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
I thought Scheifele had a pretty decent game even before the goal, Wheeler played better today as well. The Lightning are going through some scoring issues, but I thought Montoya had a decent game in net anyways. Not really a good win by any stretch, but the Jets will take the two points.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
:laugh:

Another ROW, finally.

Bobble by Scheifo the Clowno, followed by a nice behind the back pass, and a great tip of a slick pass by Wheels. Nice end to a strange game - Jets dominate early, then go to sleep and protect the tie after that crazy goal with .2s left. Wheels with a nice game tonight. :nod:

Almost fell asleep in the 3rd.

Onwards and upwards: 4-2 on the trip, unfortunately should have been 5-1.

Which one did we lose that we should have won? If I remember correctly we got beat pretty solidly on our 2 loses...nothing unlucky about them.

White Out 403*

Good win. Pivotal for our road trip to finish 4-2 instead of 3 wins 3 losses. Montoya shows us again he can be trusted to lighten Pavelecs work load and make sure he can't rest on his laurels

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Good win. Thought we played a great road game for the most part. Montoya was on his game and his positioning was excellent. Ellerby and Stuart also had a very good game (minus Stuart's pass to no one on the line change, but luckily it was offside). Trouba with a poor game but his partner Clitsome made up for it

Sheif was having a poor game and I'm surprised he got ice time in OT. Turns out, it was the right move! The 2nd line was our best line tonight (Thorburn being one of the better players) while LLW just couldn't get out of their own end half the game. Still, they didn't play all that bad considering.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Good win. Pivotal for our road trip to finish 4-2 instead of 3 wins 3 losses. Montoya shows us again he can be trusted to lighten Pavelecs work load and make sure he can't rest on his laurels

Last year Noel would have probably played Pavs in this game. Good to seem him at least making some adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad