Sarnia Sting 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
As of now I could possibly see the Sting make 1 more trade with a forward. As it sit now I still think we need to move 1 of ZF TD or MS if we want Kostuch and Kukumberg playing top 6 mins. And I could see a team like OS call about NS who would be a slight upgrade from Votary. Plus I can't see Maillet getting any game unless we move NS. one I was thinking about the other day that I wouldn't mind seeing. Would be ZF,NS to OS for Waddick. Waddick is a proven goal scorer which is something we really need he's an 05 and he a local kid. Plus he hasn't done great in OS so a change of senory may be good for him. Plus we apparently tried to pick him up in the off-season before we got the twins.

I rate DS performance on trades this year a solid A would move him to an A+ if he moved either MS as OA or ZF. Whoever gives a solid player in return maybe a younger RW or C if DS can conjure something.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I'll take Seca' word on it that they're done. Think they're sticking to wanna have some veterans on the team and try to make it to get experience. Think they'd have to be blown away by an offer and realistically there's much bigger fish available than Sikic, Filak or Doucette.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
I'd be Happy with standing put, however in a year like this, MS walks for nothing at end of year and wouldn't change much night after night if wasn't in our line up. Love to see DS get a younger player that needs a chance (just like the leblanc's in off season change if scenery)
DW in O.S would be that perfect player. Let's See what happens today as 12pm is deadline for Our O/A

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sarnia let Schneider go. Signed with a Jr club. Definitely wasted a 7th there. Honestly don't think he's all that bad. Liked his snarl & energy. Would've really liked to have him for tomorrow's game lol.

Especially considering he's 18, MacDonald is 19. But maybe he wanted it never know I guess.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Welp. Beamish commited to Penn State. Exactly what I was worried about. F right off. God damnit.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Welp. Beamish commited to Penn State. Exactly what I was worried about. F right off. God damnit.
Just makes getting Kosiba or Quinlan to come over even more important. Big loss for the Sting

Edit: Just went looking at their Elite Prospects pages and Kosiba is committed to Western Michigan. Quinlan is the only one not committed to an NCAA school

Last edited:

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I wonder if we see a team like North Bay call about NS. There starter is just coming back from injury and there backup is a rookie who's barely played. And if North Bay wants to go far there going to need a backup.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023

Years away they commit more than normal they will send him to Alberta or BCHL and see from there NCAA is a business good for him but if DS came offering the worst de commit comes to mind

Reactions: stinger94

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
I'm just spit balling here. But LDN has yet to really do anything. And they could use some scoring depth and maybe another puck moving D. I wouldn't be against us maybe moving ZF and NY and maybe a 3rd or 4th for HB. He hasn't had a great start in LDN and he would add to our young D. Plus in 25-26 that's Young and Fischer's last year and that would just leave us with Barr in 26-27 as a top D. But if we got HB we would have him and Barr in 26-27. Which would help us have 2 good years instead of just 1 in 25-26. Just a thought considering the prices right now.

• Haha
Reactions: LDN and stinger94

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
London isn't entertaining the asking prices it appears haha. they got to fleece Niagara a couple time & are gonna call it a season, somehow get to at least round 3 & be great again next yr barring Cowan, Dickinson going pro.

Reactions: davewheeler

stinger94

Jan 8, 2024
I'm just spit balling here. But LDN has yet to really do anything. And they could use some scoring depth and maybe another puck moving D. I wouldn't be against us maybe moving ZF and NY and maybe a 3rd or 4th for HB. He hasn't had a great start in LDN and he would add to our young D. Plus in 25-26 that's Young and Fischer's last year and that would just leave us with Barr in 26-27 as a top D. But if we got HB we would have him and Barr in 26-27. Which would help us have 2 good years instead of just 1 in 25-26. Just a thought considering the prices right now.
Would love HB, despite his stats have seen him live a few times this season and always thought he looked strong. If he can be even a shadow of his brother he'd be a great pickup.

Wonder if London would be willing to part with him for that price (not optimistic lol).

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
By NY I’m assuming you mean MY, Mitch Young? If so, that would extremely foolish of this team. He’s going to be absolutely lights out by his OA year when we’d be looking to run. Will be one of the best d men in the league.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
By NY I’m assuming you mean MY, Mitch Young? If so, that would extremely foolish of this team. He’s going to be absolutely lights out by his OA year when we’d be looking to run. Will be one of the best d men in the league.

No without D coach, can't let him run wild.
Plus MY probably has worst shot on D corp now.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
I'd have to disagree with that. He's got a solid shot. Better than Hurt, Barr, Cajkovic most definitely. Often generates more offense than 90% of our Fs.

Can't agree MY is a Defensive liability just like Kyrou was, but atleast kyrou put up the offense. Don't see how you can compare Hurt/Barr etc 16 year old to a 18 is hardly fair

D
Can't agree MY is a Defensive liability just like Kyrou was, but atleast kyrou put up the offense. Don't see how you can compare Hurt/Barr etc 16 year old to a 18 is hardly fair

Don't get me wrong, I Like MY and his potential with right coach he can become really good if he is coachable that is?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019

D

Don't get me wrong, I Like MY and his potential with right coach he can become really good if he is coachable that is?
I only compared them because u said he has the worst shot on the entire Dcore. Barr, Hurt are apart of that Dcore.

He's definitely an offensively leaning Dman..has his weaknesses defensively but he's in his first real season of getting OHL ice time. He's still learning. And they rely on him to create so he cheats more.

Think if there's 1 thing Letang has shown he knows how to develop Dmen & get them to play smart & sound in their own end. Staubitz re signing out of nowhere then Sullivan doing the same in close proximity surely didn't help the team but especially the Dmen. Especially with their age and inexperience

Reactions: Ferda11 and howler2

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well that sucks Beamish went NCAA. Was really excited to see him at some point. was really hoping he'd be a key player to make the '07 class that much better. Hurts to cause I remember reading an article after the draft with him saying he really wanted to make the team out of camp.

I hope at least we didn't wait to long and blow it & he had this in his head for awhile. Least he was an 8th rounder & not a high pick like some guys we've taken over the years. Be interesting to see if/when Luecke, Maillet get up for some games. I assume Maillet will only get 2-3 like Langevin the 1 year.

Draft pick wise we are pretty much back to even. Sucks tho as next yr im not sure we'll have to much to sell off to gather more picks for the following seasons.

As for the upcoming week (LDN, SBY, MISS) I just hope we don't lose by a touchdown in every game. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: SarniaStingFan

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Would love HB, despite his stats have seen him live a few times this season and always thought he looked strong. If he can be even a shadow of his brother he'd be a great pickup.

Wonder if London would be willing to part with him for that price (not optimistic lol).
London won’t move HB

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I can't believe the Mitch Young slander on here lol. There is 0 chance he gets traded. LDN tonight I'd prepare for a blowout. Also, Sarnia needs a defence coach on the bench for next year... please god ditch Haley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad