Sarnia Sting 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Yeesh! This sounds fun. Haha. If it's Vilmanis+Twins we better get quite the haul here.

Man are we gonna suck down the stretch ahahah

Interesting to note, NBs 1st round pick Kostuch is not on the game sheet for their game tonight. If they can grab him that's a fantastic start to this deal. Would assume the 2nd player is a throw in (import maybe) but I'd still like a pick or two
you have the framework

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Getting no picks would be a bit disappointing. obviously getting their 1st rounder is huge and unexpected so makes sense but was hoping for least a 3rd or 4th.

Import is a throw in too. We already have to many D he'd just make it even more cluttered even if he's an upgrade not like we need that at this moment.

But as I said getting anybodys 1st is not something I anticipated at all this year. So that's fantastic.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Getting no picks would be a bit disappointing. obviously getting their 1st rounder is huge and unexpected so makes sense but was hoping for least a 3rd or 4th.

Import is a throw in too. We already have to many D he'd just make it even more cluttered even if he's an upgrade not like we need that at this moment.

But as I said getting anybodys 1st is not something I anticipated at all this year. So that's fantastic.
Is it confirmed we're not getting any picks back?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Issue with NB is they are completely depleted of picks. No 2nds until 2027. 1 maybe 2 3rds until 2027. Couple 4ths/5ths at least.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
Issue with NB is they are completely depleted of picks. No 2nds until 2027. 1 maybe 2 3rds until 2027. Couple 4ths/5ths at least.
They get “The four conditional picks are the Owen Sound Attack’s third-rounder in 2023, the Kingston Frontenacs’ second-rounder in 2024, Saginaw’s fourth-rounder in 2024 and North Bay’s second-round selection in 2025.” back on the 11th all part of the Fantilli trade. Obviously they already got the 2023 already but 2024 and 2025 2nds back.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Should see the deal today. No matter the picks must say getting the twins for next to nothing & them being apart of a package for a '07 is one helluva net gain for us.

Will be interesting with NB not getting picks back until FEB 11th if there's any chance it's a 2 parter where we get one or two of those picks at the draft/summer

Does seem like the import D is actually a fairly solid player. Be interesting to see how they manage him/import situation come June. Can keep him if they so choose then get 2 new guys the following yr or just release him and find a new one to pair with Kukumberg.

Reactions: OMG67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Should see the deal today. No matter the picks must say getting the twins for next to nothing & them being apart of a package for a '07 is one helluva net gain for us.

Will be interesting with NB not getting picks back until FEB 11th if there's any chance it's a 2 parter where we get one or two of those picks at the draft/summer

Does seem like the import D is actually a fairly solid player. Be interesting to see how they manage him/import situation come June. Can keep him if they so choose then get 2 new guys the following yr or just release him and find a new one to pair with Kukumberg.

I can’t see a two parter. Sting get an ‘07 and likely a couple picks. That is a great return for an Import and two good but not great 19 year olds. It is not like North Bay is getting an elite player. North Bay is using the ‘07 specifically because they don’t have the picks. This is not dissimilar to what the Petes did last year acquiring Hayes and White. They were short on picks. They needed to use Lardis. No choice. North Bay in the same situation.

Reactions: StormWatcher

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I can’t see a two parter. Sting get an ‘07 and likely a couple picks. That is a great return for an Import and two good but not great 19 year olds. It is not like North Bay is getting an elite player. North Bay is using the ‘07 specifically because they don’t have the picks. This is not dissimilar to what the Petes did last year acquiring Hayes and White. They were short on picks. They needed to use Lardis. No choice. North Bay in the same situation.
For sure..just hoping for a pick or two. We r so depleted as well. But hard to be mad at an '07 for no elite asset in return. Asking price is awfully weird this season.

Has to make for a weird market when teams that added a lot last yr are trying to add again (NB, OTT, KIT, LDN)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
For sure..just hoping for a pick or two. We r so depleted as well. But hard to be mad at an '07 for no elite asset in return. Asking price is awfully weird this season.

Has to make for a weird market when teams that added a lot last yr are trying to add again (NB, OTT, KIT, LDN)

Ottawa moved out 15 premium picks last year (2-3-4) At the deadline for Mintyukov and Morrison. They still have a full slate of 2nds and 3rds (more than a full slate) but are missing some 4ths. So, they have some ammo. They also have some depth 17 and 18 year olds that may hold some value as kick in players that lessen the need for picks.

Reactions: StingUpdates

honeydripper

Mar 15, 2022

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Out.
Freaking.
Standing.

Sarnia gets Kostuch ('07 born) & Alex Cajkovic ('05 import D) with picks:
2nd RD pick (NB) in '27
3rd RD pick (PBO) in '24
4th RD pick (SAG) in '24
4th RD pick (NB) in 2025
5th RD pick (WSR) in 2025
5th RD pick (BAR) in '26

In exchange for twins + Vilmanis.

Here I was worried about getting a pick or two. We get SIX top 5 round picks including a 2nd + 3rd to go with a recent 1st rounder.

Just phenomenal work from Seca. Holy smokes.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Acquired the twins for a 5th, 6th, 14th & 15th. Saw ppl mocking Sarnia for doing it.

Couple months later they are apart a package to get a 1st rounder & six top 5 round picks.

That's some tidy work by Seca in a rebuilding year. Seriously big stuff that should go a long way helping this tear down.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
we might not win another game this year but that’s a fantastic haul brought in by Seca. Gaining a 07 1st rd forward is absolutely huge after trading away Martone last year.
Might not be done either lol. These final 30 games are gonna be ROUGH lmao. It's how you do it though. This is how u can build Multiple years of good teams. Had a great class last yr + add Kostuch. Keep stocking picks and have another good class with potentially a top 4 pick.

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
Freaking.
Standing.

Sarnia gets Kostuch ('07 born) & Alex Cajkovic ('05 import D) with picks:
2nd RD pick (NB) in '27
3rd RD pick (PBO) in '24
4th RD pick (SAG) in '24
4th RD pick (NB) in 2025
5th RD pick (WSR) in 2025
5th RD pick (BAR) in '26

In exchange for twins + Vilmanis.

Here I was worried about getting a pick or two. We get SIX top 5 round picks including a 2nd + 3rd to go with a recent 1st rounder.

Just phenomenal work from Seca. Holy smokes.
That's an insane haul. No question it's a sellers market this year. As a KGN fan it really makes me wonder what we could get for Ludwinski. He's staying put from everything i've heard, but this really makes me wonder lol.

Sarnia will be good again VERY soon if moves like this keep happening. Hats off to Seca.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Might not be done either lol. These final 30 games are gonna be ROUGH lmao. It's how you do it though. This is how u can build Multiple years of good teams. Had a great class last yr + add Kostuch. Keep stocking picks and have another good class with potentially a top 4 pick.
I’m curious to see if we do anything further. I don’t really see anyone else that would add much value to a contending team, that would also generate a decent return. We trade Filak or Doucette away then we are looking at the potential of being shut out most games lol. We just traded 3 of our top 4 point producers, can they afford to trade anyone more?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Thanks for getting this done before tomorrow's game in Guelph. Lol

A very good return. Have to think a lot of the value there is for Vilmanis. '07 first rounders are flying out the door this year. Well played.

• Haha
Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I’m curious to see if we do anything further. I don’t really see anyone else that would add much value to a contending team, that would also generate a decent return. We trade Filak or Doucette away then we are looking at the potential of being shut out most games lol. We just traded 3 of our top 4 point producers, can they afford to trade anyone more?
After such a great return they definitely could decide to only move somebody if it's an overpay. But clearly the asking prices are pretty insane right now & teams are paying up.

I think there's some interest for Filak. He's like McCue PBO dealt. Could really balance out a teams T9 + PK.

Just so stoked with that return. I wouldn't have believed you 4 months ago, 3 weeks ago, before yesterday we'd find a way to get an '07 let alone 6 picks with him.

Obviously part with 3 really solid players but last yr 1st RDers only went for Beck & Del Mastro lol.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad