Sarnia Sting 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Sandis drove me insane some nights especially with his accuracy but gonna miss watching him play. Kid pulled off some of the dirtiest dangles/goals the last 2 years we've seen since Kyrou. Almost always brought good efforts.

Wish we got more than 30 games of the twins. Man were they fun to watch. Both blew away my expectations for them. Good on the team & good on them to sorta revive there careers here & now have a chance at a title.

From everything I've read Kostuch is a love to have him, hate to play against him type F but has legit skill, finishing ability. Tenacious, gritty with good skating.

Cajkovic more of an offensive minded Dman. Was playing good minutes for NB.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Sandis drove me insane some nights especially with his accuracy but gonna miss watching him play. Kid pulled off some of the dirtiest dangles/goals the last 2 years we've seen since Kyrou. Almost always brought good efforts.

Wish we got more than 30 games of the twins. Man were they fun to watch. Both blew away my expectations for them. Good on the team & good on them to sorta revive there careers here & now have a chance at a title.

From everything I've read Kostuch is a love to have him, hate to play against him type F but has legit skill, finishing ability. Tenacious, gritty with good skating.

Cajkovic more of an offensive minded Dman. Was playing good minutes for NB.
Cajkovic is also from the same city as Kukumberg. Gotta think there's a connection there.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Something I like about this return too is the teams picks they got.

2024 3rd is PBOs. Who's gonna pick potentially top 4 but at worst top 6.

2025 4th is NBs who will be bad next yr as will WSR who's 5th they got for 2025.

2nd in 2027 is NBs who will likely be pretty bad come that draft.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Wow a shocking return for the buzz... I like Vilmanis but no that much haha. I don't really like seeing all these rookie players being traded. They're so young to be treated like penny stocks imo.... They commit to these teams then are sent packing...... This certainly will speed up the buzz rebuilding process... also shout out to that guy who called NB a few days ago... tbh I didn't expect this from them ... Great job by seca but he's still got work to do to redeem for last year lol. I don't care how raw or unrefined Kotstuch is .... him and Brown need to be playing on every single power play and get as much ice time as possible..... no more of this prove yourself bs.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Voit season ending shoulder surgery.... he was handled abysmally ... Sickening they would allow him to play in the ECHL ... He should have been sent back to the O and put on more size.... but no they send him to the hockey graveyard. Dumb.
It was pretty obvious for everybody that watched him he needed another year. Obviously his skills are pro ready, but his shot, 2way play, board play & most importantly strength are not. He never should've been signed immediately by Dubas..no clue why Toronto did that. Obviously thrilled for Ty that he got the contract but the worst possible way to start his pro career & now gotta be worried with a smaller guy shoulder injuries can keep happening.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
I’m curious to see if we do anything further. I don’t really see anyone else that would add much value to a contending team, that would also generate a decent return. We trade Filak or Doucette away then we are looking at the potential of being shut out most games lol. We just traded 3 of our top 4 point producers, can they afford to trade

Wouldn't be much different without ZF or TD, ZF has 20 pts and is -13 when playing alot of minutes and top line, and TD has 13 goals but he is -17 playing same minutes. Do any younger players provide that same impact on team with more ice? I'm sure DS sees the same thing and makes another move.

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
GREAT MOVES

Sting wouldn't be much different without ZF or TD, ZF has 20 pts and is -13 when playing alot of minutes and top line, and TD has 13 goals but he is -17 playing same minutes. I'm sure some of the younger players can provide that same impact on team with more ice? I'm sure DS sees the same thing and makes another move.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
GREAT MOVES

Sting wouldn't be much different without ZF or TD, ZF has 20 pts and is -13 when playing alot of minutes and top line, and TD has 13 goals but he is -17 playing same minutes. I'm sure some of the younger players can provide that same impact on team with more ice? I'm sure DS sees the same thing and makes another move.
Just don't wanna overwhelm the young guys. Obviously I want them playing consistent solid minutes but you don't want them getting caved in/costing the team the game. That'll destroy their confidence.

But yah Filak & Doucette have not had a good stretch since the start of December really.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
Sitting on MS/ZF when they might fetch something better? Makes no sense, team needs another 05 top 6 forward forsure! Picks aren't necessity for them need player ready to contribute next 2 years

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Acquired the twins for a 5th, 6th, 14th & 15th. Saw ppl mocking Sarnia for doing it.

Couple months later they are apart a package to get a 1st rounder & six top 5 round picks.

That's some tidy work by Seca in a rebuilding year. Seriously big stuff that should go a long way helping this tear down.
who? no o e said that was a bad trade, they mocked niagara

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
who? no o e said that was a bad trade, they mocked niagara
Had more than a few in my mentions & DMs bringing up how "bad" they are & how atrocious their plus/minus was last year. Had a couple "have fun with those 2".

Even when they started well had Niagara fans saying "just wait you'll see". Never really cared but get a chuckle out of them seeing the return they helped bring in today.

Think we see Sarnia make any more moves?

Reactions: sbpointer

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well I'd be lying from here on out if i expect anything other than losses except maybe vs the other bad teams. Scoring goals is going to be an issue & then some.

Hopefully Kostuch & Cajkovic make there debuts today. Make it a bit more exciting. I'll be very annoyed, confused if Chartier isn't starting. How can you not reward the kid for his effort Thursday in Barrie.

HkyBeegs3

Mar 18, 2009
Sarnia
I say if the price is right almost every player is available, obvious exceptions excluded. Judging by the return we and other teams have gotten this is the year to refill the draft and young player cupboards. The teams not going to do much, but who knows. At least it's exciting for the young players we have and the future of the franchise.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I say if the price is right almost every player is available, obvious exceptions excluded. Judging by the return we and other teams have gotten this is the year to refill the draft and young player cupboards. The teams not going to do much, but who knows. At least it's exciting for the young players we have and the future of the franchise.
couldn't agree more.... just awful timing with attendance being the best its been since... I don't know when. The upcoming London game is going to be bad lol... theyre gonna wanna run up the score after last games antics...

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Kostuch on line 2 with Filak & Sikic. Schwindt hurt after big hit last game. Cajkovic on top pair with Fischer. Chartier starting.

Reactions: Jason M

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Annoying period. Sarnia actually played fairly solid. Reffing was horrendous. Wainwright gets ran from behind. Kostuch gets blatantly hooked on a good rush then Brown gets hooked coming down the wing. None called. Our only 2 questionable plays both called

More obvious calls not called on Guelph..wtf is going on.

Kostuch is buzzing tho. Liking his game a ton so far.

Good on Wainwright. He got ran earlier and it wasn't called. Karabela runs one of your rookie D from behind. Obviously not something he does or u want him doing but imo appropriate time to do it there.

Last edited:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Well another offensive struggle lmao. Shots 12-12. Chartier made a huge save when it was 2-1. Remember that if they win. He has to work on remaining calm tho..he can be so wild/erratic at times. Love his puck handling tho.

What a fricken goal by Brown. This kid is special. 8G/5A in this his 18th game. Kostuch been impressive. See if they can make it 4 straight somehow lmao.

Reactions: davewheeler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad