Sarnia Sting 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Certainly an idea. I'd absolutely love Morrison. him between Vilmanis & Pastujov would be better than most teams 1st line. Dude is a stud. I would not be trading Ritchie. No way no how. Dillingham depends on his status & Hoovers. With him gone our D would be~

Mast-Romeo
Hoover-Ritchie
Daviault-MacDonald/Fischer

That wouldn't be awful, but I wouldn't be anywhere near as confident as I would with Dillingham in it. If he had no injuries for me I wouldnt really put much thought into it, but with this reoccurring shoulder issue it definitely makes you pause & consider it. I'd still be leaning Zhilkin, Harrison, Arcuri & a guy I'm really starting to wonder about is Pinelli in KIT. They are a disaster right now & have two 1sts in the coming draft. Might be wise to just rebuild. I LOVE to get him though he'd cost a lot.
Sting need a centre, my first choice is to go back to Guelph and grab Zhilkin. He’s the full package. Big, fast, can score, can play make, 200foot player. Good on both PP and PK and good on the faceoffs.

Jason M

Nov 13, 2019
Certainly an idea. I'd absolutely love Morrison. him between Vilmanis & Pastujov would be better than most teams 1st line. Dude is a stud. I would not be trading Ritchie. No way no how. Dillingham depends on his status & Hoovers. With him gone our D would be~

Mast-Romeo
Hoover-Ritchie

That wouldn't be awful, but I wouldn't be anywhere near as confident as I would with Dillingham in it. If he had no injuries for me I wouldnt really put much thought into it, but with this reoccurring shoulder issue it definitely makes you pause & consider it. I'd still be leaning Zhilkin, Harrison, Arcuri & a guy I'm really starting to wonder about is Pinelli in KIT. They are a disaster right now & have two 1sts in the coming draft. Might be wise to just rebuild. I LOVE to get him though he'd cost a lot.
I'm kinda liking the idea of Zhilkin I think there's a good chance he comes back plus if Perreault comes next year we could have a pretty good top 6 next year for example

Perreault/Zhilkin/Vilmanis
Macdonell/Filak/Martone

Of course that's if Perreault comes and Zhilkin comes back

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Another tough one tomorrow vs a really good Missy team as well as on the weekend vs Saginaw (who's 1st) & Flint. Will be especially tough if Burke is out to go along with the 3D. As well as the rookies have played it's just killer to be missing that much let alone if our leading goal scorer is out any stretch of time.

Then as we've talked 4 of our best guys + coach could be gone a month in 2.5 weeks. It's pretty nuts our luck so far. Haven't seen many Sting teams have worse. It's honestly why I'm high on this group. They are 3 points out of 1st despite their horrid injury luck. SAG/WSR/FLT haven't had ANYWHERE near as many man games lost & we are right there with them.

Don't think we've (I) have given the coaches as much credit as they deserve. To lose as many guys they have, especially to one position & still be right their for 1st is incredibly impressive. Still have kept shots down & played good teams rather well. Just gotta stay within shouting distance for when we finally (if we ever) get healthy & watch this team roll in what's a much easier 2nd half schedule.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Sting need a centre, my first choice is to go back to Guelph and grab Zhilkin. He’s the full package. Big, fast, can score, can play make, 200foot player. Good on both PP and PK and good on the faceoffs.
Send Angus MacDonell back.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Mast-Romeo
Hoover-Ritchie

Not sure if I would entertain Pinelli. Seems like he has a lot of demons in his closest. KIT board does not have much to say about him in a positive manner. Seems to be lots of issues with his careless type attitude and play. Him not getting a sniff at world jrs for a camp invite says a lot as well.

Reactions: StingUpdates

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
He's a dressing room cancer. I'd pass
How so?

I think Guelph already traded who they viewed as their dressing room cancer..

Again, how so? Seca/Letang are big on character, not sure they would add Pastujov to the room unless they were not aware.

If we are going to start calling players a "cancer" in the dressing room, at least back it up with more than an accusatory statement. A little bit of reasoning would be great.

Selection camp roster not released yet. He was there for the summer camp.
my bad, I must have mis-read what i thought i read! Thanks.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Not sure if I would entertain Pinelli. Seems like he has a lot of demons in his closest. KIT board does not have much to say about him in a positive manner. Seems to be lots of issues with his careless type attitude and play. Him not getting a sniff at world jrs for a camp invite says a lot as well.
That's fair. It's shocking, laughable & embarrassing all at the same time that he somehow is not suspended for his major Sunday.

There's just no way you can tell me that play wasn't more vicious, ugly, intentional than Burke's suspension along with other plays that resulted in sspds.

Well nevermind. Pinelli 3 games. Figured they'd have announced it by 3PM Wednesday if he were to get games lol.

Last edited:

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Great first half of the period but had a few lapses in the second half of the period that led to Missy goals. Have to clean those up if we want to win this one.

Reactions: Ferda11

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Really strong pd considering what they're missing. Feels to close tho. Whoever gets the next one is gonna win it feels like

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
That’s how you close out a game. Man what a game changer Pastujov is. Big game for him and the top line. Lantz was a stud, so damn close to a hatty a few times.

Vilmanis was good but missed on a few non passes. Seems like he’s trying to do a bit too much. Still finds a way to pull off some crazy shit tho lol.

Gaudreau was solid, although not overly tested imo. Did his job.

Power play needs more, PK perfect. Young guys all played well. Team forecheck is on point right now too.

Gonna be tough this weekend on the blue line. Pretty sure Ritchie is getting an automatic 2 games. Two rookies and two sophomores. Fantastic lol.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
That is one hell of a win. I did not see that coming. Outplayed & outworked them all night.

I thought Fischer & Young were absolutely fantastic. Very very impressed with them. Daviault continues to play some awesome defence. Ritchie as always great but now he's out 2 games.. hate that rule. Should be if you jump the guy. 3 straight games a player has stuck up for another. Real good sign they are a close group.

96-93-36 were downright dominant. Toyed with MIS all night. Pastujov was super enthusiastic tonight. He was the only one to notice Young got his 1st point & grabbed him the puck. Was hugging & firing guys up in the final minute on the bench. Then obviously offensively he is sweet. exactly what this team needed. Game changer.

Another rock solid game from Gaudreau who's had 5-6 good starts in a row. Looks totally locked in. This is the guy we expected & he's in rhythm now.

Big ups to Filak too. 2 more Assists tonight, back2back multi-point games. 12 points in 18 games. 45 point pace is fantastic for a 3C who rarely plays PP. He works his tail off every single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad