Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Look at Kane. Does he look like someone who couldn't defend himself against physical abuse from a diminutive woman like Anna Kane? Add to that that Kane's not exactly known as this gentle, meek giant who eschews physical violence.
Then it becomes a he said she said. The intelligent move to make is to leave and not lay a finger on her.

UseTheBoards

Aug 13, 2021
www.si.com
You think the league will look bad for terminating the Inter-gender Bar Fighting Champion of the world?
No, if Kane fights the termination it will cost them money. He will create a mess in the media for them as well. They can give him an indefinite/permanent ban and keep their hands clean on the contract. Bettman is a smart and frugal business man, if there is an option that saves the league money and headache he will take it. Let the Sharks handle the contract as they see fit and let them be the ones that Kane has his fight with. When one of your options in a fight is to stay out of it and have someone else handle it for you, that is the easiest option and the smart bet for Bettman.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Look at Kane. Does he look like someone who couldn't defend himself against physical abuse from a diminutive woman like Anna Kane? Add to that that Kane's not exactly known as this gentle, meek giant who eschews physical violence.
This is horrible logically and in every other way.

Just because he can physically manhandle her doesn’t mean he does. Just as being a gambling addict and having a short temper on the ice doesn’t mean he’s also physically abusive towards his wife.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay

I was totally unaware that if someone is capable of defending themselves, and/or has a history of physical prowess, it totally excuses assaulting them. I guess you learn something new every day.

Reactions: Cas

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I was totally unaware that if someone is capable of defending themselves, and/or has a history of physical prowess, it totally excuses assaulting them. I guess you learn something new every day.

The question is, is Kane being honest or is this just calumny?

I'm questioning if he really was assaulted, because if he had, he would have defended himself.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
The question is, is Kane being honest or is this just calumny?

I'm questioning if he really was assaulted, because if he had, he would have defended himself.

I fail to see why his defending himself is of any import. Genuinely, I don’t get how his capability to do so, nor whether he did or not changes anything about the claim. Unless what you mean to say is: did he retaliate? Obviously that would change things, but that is materially different than defending ones self.

I’m no Kane stan, but I weary of the tired trope that a man can’t be on the worse end of domestic abuse simply because traditional ideals of masculinity leave no room for a man to be threatened by the ever weak and helpless women. I doubt you’d say this is what your perspective is about, and I grant that I’m taking this way further, but the discussion of his capability to defend himself seems, to me, to approach falling into the trope.

In any case, by all appearances, Kane’s personal life is a clusterf*** and here we all are speculating from the outside, with minimal information, a real life drama to chatter away over. Myself included.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
No, if Kane fights the termination it will cost them money. He will create a mess in the media for them as well. They can give him an indefinite/permanent ban and keep their hands clean on the contract. Bettman is a smart and frugal business man, if there is an option that saves the league money and headache he will take it. Let the Sharks handle the contract as they see fit and let them be the ones that Kane has his fight with. When one of your options in a fight is to stay out of it and have someone else handle it for you, that is the easiest option and the smart bet for Bettman.
What? Mess in the media? You think the NHL looks bad for getting rid of this loser? Who is going to stand up for him for the things he has done?

Why do you think Kane would have a chance in court if his contract got termanated? You think the NHL would go through that if they didn't have the contract to back it up?

You think the litigation will be espensive? Its a drop in the bucket compared to losing out on the gambling revenue they will lose if the NHL allows players to gamble on games.

Maybe you need to explain what you mean because it makes no sense on the surface.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
What? Mess in the media? You think the NHL looks bad for getting rid of this loser? Who is going to stand up for him for the things he has done?

Why do you think Kane would have a chance in court if his contract got termanated? You think the NHL would go through that if they didn't have the contract to back it up?

You think the litigation will be espensive? Its a drop in the bucket compared to losing out on the gambling revenue they will lose if the NHL allows players to gamble on games.

You think Betman would let the Sharks handle this on their own? I don't think you know what betman's job is.

Maybe you need to explain what you mean because it makes no sense on the surface.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Yacht responsibly
PinkGrandEyra-max-1mb.gif

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

The money it costs to litigate a grievance is hardly going to impact the league. You make far too much of that without any showing of what that actual number would be relative to their resources which is abundant.

An indefinite ban is not going to magically wipe away that it’ll cost them money when Kane fights that hypothetical ruling. In this context, it won’t matter who terminates the contract. Both will have to defend it in a grievance because the league approves and processes terminations.

You’re incorrect to believe that the league stays out of the fight whichever direction it goes if a termination occurs.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You don’t think it’s a little strange to post pictures of yourself dining on a beautiful yacht a week after claiming you can’t afford formula for your baby?
It's stupid for optics, but I mean, I think most people would understand that she didn't buy or rent the yacht. Both things can be true: Kane left her w/o $ for the kids AND she can have rich friends.

Now answer my question: You don't think it's common for really super rich guys to invite attractive females onto their boats without requiring them to pay a fee?

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
It's stupid for optics, but I mean, I think most people would understand that she didn't buy or rent the yacht. Both things can be true: Kane left her w/o $ for the kids AND she can have rich friends.

Now answer my question: You don't think it's common for really super rich guys to invite attractive females onto their boats without requiring them to pay a fee?
Sure, but I don’t think those women tend to have kids that are starving to death.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
She just sounds like a egotistical, materialistic person and a spoiled brat playing victim.

If Kaner was in that kind of abusive relationship and he chose just to get up and leaving, that actually says something very positive about him, regardless if he’s scum or not. At this point I don’t trust the Sharks locker room to give an accurate account of character on anyone. Their locker room sounds conflicted as hell.

Sharks need to blow up the ENTIRE team and rebuild from go. They might need to consider cleansing the locker room from evil. Not kidding.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
The money it costs to litigate a grievance is hardly going to impact the league. You make far too much of that without any showing of what that actual number would be relative to their resources which is abundant.

An indefinite ban is not going to magically wipe away that it’ll cost them money when Kane fights that hypothetical ruling. In this context, it won’t matter who terminates the contract. Both will have to defend it in a grievance because the league approves and processes terminations.

You’re incorrect to believe that the league stays out of the fight whichever direction it goes if a termination occurs.

But if its proven that Kane did bet on NHL games as an active person, the NHL has past cases studies of similar thing to support the ban. Pete Rose got banned from MLB for doing the same thing as an active person in the baseball league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad