Rumor: San Jose trying to trade Evander Kane

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If a dad wants to be have their child and the wife takes it then he shouldn’t have to pay or vice versa. I don’t think he should be being blasted for this. Kane is a great hockey player.
The only issue with this line of thinking is that it doesn't take into consideration the needs of the kid. The kid always comes first. If the parents split up, would it be fair for the kid to not have anything because he lives with his mom instead of his dad? No.

Alimony/spousal supports are a different issue to me. I've seen couples split up and the one who leaves (and is entirely at fault as far as anyone knows) ends up with spousal support. So not only did the one partner (in this case) get cheated on and left, they ended up having to pay spousal support as well. Talk about depression inducing.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
You got plenty of feedback already, I'll just add that it's not so easy getting a Russian citizenship. For one thing you need to have permanent residence in Russia for five years. (These sort of requirements are common in Europe. Dual citizenship through marriage, a slightly different process but taking some time just as well.)

So you don't just prance in wawing a silly money phone and expect to get it done quick...

You would do well to learn some more about the world before you make these kind of blunt claims. They tend to backfire.
Well my ex girl friends father moved to Japan after a divorce for the purpose of not paying child support ( from Canada ) the mother went to court and tried to force him to pay but they couldn’t. I assume this is because they couldn’t access his bank accounts. I’ll add two more things if Kane ( a rich American who will make a lot of money which means more taxes payed in Russia ) will get his citizenship fast tracked.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
The only issue with this line of thinking is that it doesn't take into consideration the needs of the kid. The kid always comes first. If the parents split up, would it be fair for the kid to not have anything because he lives with his mom instead of his dad? No.

Alimony/spousal supports are a different issue to me. I've seen couples split up and the one who leaves (and is entirely at fault as far as anyone knows) ends up with spousal support. So not only did the one partner (in this case) get cheated on and left, they ended up having to pay spousal support as well. Talk about depression inducing.
Yeah I agree that is crazy I wish they’d simply look at who earns the most and give the child to them. Kane obviously would have to give his kid to his parents or close family for the regular season but it’d work out.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Well my ex girl friends father moved to Japan after a divorce for the purpose of not paying child support ( from Canada ) the mother went to court and tried to force him to pay but they couldn’t. I assume this is because they couldn’t access his bank accounts. I’ll add two more things if Kane ( a rich American who will make a lot of money which means more taxes payed in Russia ) will get his citizenship fast tracked.

They call this "deadbeat dad" behavior, and for good reason. Impregnating a woman and bringing a child into this world, with no intention of helping raise it (not even financially), is the behavior of scum.

And it sounds like you're aspiring to be and promoting the behavior of scum.

So please either grow up or never have kids. Just abstain from sex altogether. Though your attitude on fatherhood may do a lot of that work for you.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
TIL that Kane being a deadbeat isn't a problem because "he's a great hockey player".

Man, I really hope some of you don't have kids :laugh:
People are also taking the word of a jilted ex, who’s behavior has been eccentric.

The truth is they’re both probably bad people. I just find it funny how much people want to believe everything Anna says when it’s clear that this entire situation is a mess.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
They call this "deadbeat dad" behavior, and for good reason. Impregnating a woman and bringing a child into this world, with no intention of helping raise it (not even financially), is the behavior of scum.

And it sounds like you're aspiring to be and promoting the behavior of scum.

So please either grow up or never have kids. Just abstain from sex altogether. Though your attitude on fatherhood may do a lot of that work for you.
His “wife” cheated on him and he left her. His daughter was 7.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The bad part is that the Sharks actually need more players with the hockey skillsets and drive of Kane on the ice. A lot of that team looks like they mail it in more often than not.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
His “wife” cheated on him and he left her. His daughter was 7.

He still left the country so he didn't have to provide for his daughter. So your ex had two terrible parents.

You can keep justifying being a deadbeat dad if you want. If you purposefully avoid providing for a person who rightfully depends on you, then you are doing a bad thing. That type of behavior is acceptable in certain corners of the animal kingdom, but not here.

And this is applicable to Kane if he avoids providing for his children, and I can see why that would also rub teammates the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad