San Jose Sharks Defeat Anaheim Ducks 4-0 and Advance to the Western Conference Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Good luck Sharks fans. I don't really mean that but I'm trying to be a good sport and you do have a good team there. It's also hard to be bitter when my team totally deserved to be swept. I'm very disappointed because I thought this was the best bet for a 7 game series. Hopefully this forces some major changes to our team and staff. This series was unacceptable considering how close we have been to breaking through.

Either, way it's not about us anymore. Have fun San Jose.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
The Ducks didn’t play well at all this series. They could have maybe won the game tonight, but that’s it.

Credit to the sharks. They were cool and collected out there, and their star players outplayed ours.

This was supposed to be one of the more even series... yikes.

Lots of soul searching this summer for management and coaching.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I've got a bit of a hot take here, and I'm curious what Ducks fans think:

If Ryan Johansen is a #1C, Tomas Hertl totally is too. Johansen gets talked up as a #1C for his work on Toews, but Hertl just destroyed a far superior player in Getzlaf in an extremely one sided battle.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Christ man, careful with your words. We are Sharks fans, you should know better!

words are weapons!

Guy has played a lot of hockey, and goes into the greasy area's and gets pounded on (often after he starts it) it takes his toll.

I posted in another thread, perry is a good change of scenery candidate. he has just gone stale in anaheim.

Marcus Sörensen?

you guys kept him secret pretty well ;)

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
words are weapons!

I posted in another thread, perry is a good change of scenery candidate. he has just gone stale in anaheim.

We can send him to New Jersey....our guys thrive there!!

you guys kept him secret pretty well ;)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

If Ryan Johansen is a #1C, Tomas Hertl totally is too. Johansen gets talked up as a #1C for his work on Toews, but Hertl just destroyed a far superior player in Getzlaf in an extremely one sided battle.
At the very least johansen is overrated and hertl is underrated

SJGoalie32

Apr 7, 2007
TealTown, USA
Alright boys, time to kiss and make up.

30412024_10106001378970240_6693643558005506048_n.jpg

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Not really, although Johansen is pretty overrated as a 1c. 20 5v5 points is pretty poor production for Hertl in the regular season, and I wouldn't say he destroyed Getzlaf. he was at 37 cf% and 41 xgf% going into tonight, which is pretty bad

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Sharks are 4-0 in games without Thornton in the playoffs.

Maybe leave him in his final resting place.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Gretz and Perry overrated as playoff performs, road the coattails of pronger and nieds and got associated with playoff performer label

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Gretz and Perry overrated as playoff performs, road the coattails of pronger and nieds and got associated with playoff performer label

Getzlafs always been a good playoff player, perry prob fits the hot take tho.

Ill admit that wasnt getzlafs best showing... but you dont become a ppg player by luck... i think his cup run was his lowest ppg output not including his rookie season... and you can ask anyone thst has played getzlaf in postseason how good he is. We havnt really had an elite dmen on our back end since neids and pronger and that hurts come playoff time.

Reactions: CrypTic and slocal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad