San Jose Sharks Defeat Anaheim Ducks 4-0 and Advance to the Western Conference Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
The announcers said Perry had 4 goals in his last 27 playoff games. Was that accurate or did I mishear? Because if that is accurate...

Guy has played a lot of hockey, and goes into the greasy area's and gets pounded on (often after he starts it) it takes his toll.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Anaheim screwed the pooch by trying to Goon out and intimidate SJ the first three games. Game 4 was the first game Anaheim actually tried to play hockey, and it was their best game of the series. If they would've played hockey instead of gooning the first three games, it would probably be a lot closer of a series.

They tried to play hockey in game 2- actually scored first.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
The Ducks missed Fowler big time.

Hope our boys are healthy. It's a war of attrition in the playoffs. The fewer games played, the better.

Jones is sharp, all 4 lines are contributing, not seeing many mistakes. Confident for the next series, but, man, I've been waiting for VGK to falter all season. I'm done waiting.

Reactions: slocal

Tokioduck

May 31, 2007
Anaheim screwed the pooch by trying to Goon out and intimidate SJ the first threw games. Game 4 was the first game Anaheim actually tried to play hockey, and it was their best series. If they would've played hockey instead of gooning the first three games, it would probably be a lot closer of a series.

Yeah this is how I looked at the series.

In addition to Sharks being a better team they had a better game plan and right attitude/emotion.

I was actually impressed with the Sharks. I thought we have better younger core. Boy was I wrong.

Hopefully there will be a big change to the management of Ducks and let young gems grow into useful players, them we may be compete next year.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
quackquackquack said:
No offense to SJ and their fans but I don't see any way, barring catastrophic injury to the Anaheim roster, that the Sharks come out on top here. Ducks in 6. Ducks are too deep, are getting better goaltending recently and they have better overall D (even with Fowler out.)

Lets be honest too...Joe Thornton at the stage in his career is NOT going to decide a series

Well said

Reactions: Diehardsharks408

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
ducks were completely outclassed in this series. hard to win when your top 5 scorers combine for a measly 2g/5pts

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah this is how I looked at the series.

In addition to Sharks being a better team they had a better game plan and right attitude/emotion.

I was actually impressed with the Sharks. I thought we have better younger core. Boy was I wrong.

Hopefully there will be a big change to the management of Ducks and let young gems grow into useful players, them we may be compete next year.
I said to a ducks fan during game 3, it has to do with getz and perry as leaders. They get frustrated when losing and lose their composure and the rest of the team follows suit. With a different locker room culture I think they would be a lot better. They definitely have the skill.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Guy has played a lot of hockey, and goes into the greasy area's and gets pounded on (often after he starts it) it takes his toll.

I don't think enough people (Ducks fans included) give him enough credit for this. They always focus on other things but seem to ignore the abuse he gets ever game. They look at his scoring or lack there of and that's it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I expected to see more urgency from Anaheim but they just looked like they wanted it to be over.
Idk they just seemed gassed... was kinda a long season with a lot of injuries and they had to work pretty hard thr last half of the season to make it.

I also dont think our gm not making a move at the deadline instilled a lot of confidence in the team..

3 stars of the series for me

Martin jones- hard not to give him 1 star... was dominant.

Thomas hertl- out classed getzlaf on both sides of the ice... had a great series.

Evander kane- was a x factor played with speed, controlled emotions and found ways to score

Reactions: slocal

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Idk they just seemed gassed... was kinda a long season with a lot of injuries and they had to work pretty hard thr last half of the season to make it.

I also dont think our gm not making a move at the deadline instilled a lot of confidence in the team..

Thomas hertl- out classed getzlaf on both sides of the ice... had a great series.

Evander kane- was a x factor played with speed, controlled emotions and found ways to score
No Sorensen? The guy scored clutch goals and contributed all over the ice. Underrated PKer

I’d have him over Kane

Reactions: Phu

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
The announcers said Perry had 4 goals in his last 27 playoff games. Was that accurate or did I mishear? Because if that is accurate...

edit: I just looked it up. 4 goals in his last 28 playoff games.

That is the definition of a playoff choker, is it not?
Intangibles....he takes stupid penalties to make up for the lack of production

Reactions: TB12 and CrypTic

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Kane? I would give it to Gibson before him. Kane wasn't at his best in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad