San Jose Sharks Defeat Anaheim Ducks 4-0 and Advance to the Western Conference Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Well said, that was clear offside and I'd say losing a game over a cheap goal like this is a lot worse for the NHL.

I've seen the offside rule go against the Sharks and for, it happens all the time.

People are just bitter because the Ducks were facing elimination, but watch that replay, it's really not debatable.

Getzlaf had the puck on the blue line (never crossing it) and 2 duck players were already in the zone.

100% offside - agreed.

However, it's annoying that coaches have their Ipads to review these plays before the coach challenges. Challenges should be based on what they see on the ice TBH.

Overall, the series did not come down to that goal and Ducks fans upset over that off-side goal should be more focused on our team not showing up in Games 1-3 which is the real reason why we are golfing now.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Guess after your season and so far what's happening in your off-season there isn't much to look forward to in Oiler land so you take solace in our sweep. Fair enough!
When you close your eyes do you here the SAP Center crowd chanting “sweep sweep sweep”? I do, but it makes me happy and sometimes I even get goosebumps

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Bye Ducks. We'll never forget you.

RAVcmiA.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
When you close your eyes do you here the SAP Center crowd chanting “sweep sweep sweep”? I do, but it makes me happy and sometimes I even get goosebumps
Most of the time i watch games on mute... so nope. But its pretty obvious oiler players and fans still having night terrors of that series specifically the miraculous come back.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm not sure if not getting invited to the party is the same as going and not having a good time ...... As a Blues fan I would have liked to inside the house instead of peeping through a window and laughing ... just saying
Sometimes it's better to not be invited than it is to drink too much and make an ass of yourself. First round sweeps are arguably worse than missing the playoffs altogether.

No offense ducks fans, I've got no problem with your club.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
what's there to look forward to as an oilers fan?

ruining the development of your next #1 overall pick?

seeing how katz's son has aged on the draft stage?

ranting on hfboards about how your team lost in the playoffs a year ago?

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Most of the time i watch games on mute... so nope. But its pretty obvious oiler players and fans still having night terrors of that series specifically the miraculous come back.
Nah, making the playoffs for the first time in a decade and winning a series was enough for me last year. You can’t expect to win the cup every millennium.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada

Does Kesler still keep you up at night there? Do you feel a ghost's hand grab your leg at times? Does Perry's grin haunt you in your dreams despite how many times you punch his face he is still grinning?

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Absolutely. Silver linings.

Well, we somehow made the playoffs with Grant and Wagner as our 1C and 2C for a chunk of the year. Feels good and to get 4 bonus games after what should have been an off-season competing for 1OA if it weren't for Gibson and Miller. Silver linings indeed!

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Well, we somehow made the playoffs with Grant and Wagner as our 1C and 2C for a chunk of the year. Feels good and to get 4 bonus games after what should have been an off-season competing for 1OA if it weren't for Gibson and Miller. Silver linings indeed!
I don't care how your season went, I'm just happy you are out of the playoffs and even better that you got swept.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Sometimes it's better to not be invited than it is to drink too much and make an ass of yourself. First round sweeps are arguably worse than missing the playoffs altogether.

No offense ducks fans, I've got no problem with your club.
As a Hawks fan, I thought the same last year. Then I realized it's better to be invited unless we end up with Dahlin.

It's better to be embarrassed than irrelevant.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
As a Hawks fan, I thought the same last year. Then I realized it's better to be invited unless we end up with Dahlin.

It's better to be embarrassed than irrelevant.

Honestly, that shot at Dahlin, Svechnikov, or that one other guy (forget his name) is very valuable, even if your chances aren't that high.

Sharks missed the playoffs in 2015, lost the lottery, and made a pick at #9 that most would criticize, picking Timo Meier over Boeser, Rantanen, Barzal, and Connor, yet that player has already made significant contributions. They probably don't have that same privilege if they're picking, say, 19th in the draft like they did last year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They obstructed the hell out of their offense, and basically got away with the most ridiculous penalties all series long.
Fake news... oilers got man handled by a superior team... and only reason they won a series was because san jose was missing their top 6

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Does Kesler still keep you up at night there? Do you feel a ghost's hand grab your leg at times? Does Perry's grin haunt you in your dreams despite how many times you punch his face he is still grinning?
No. It’s not Kesler’s fault. It’s his parents’ fault, they raised him.
And Perry always looks sad so I do get sad when I think of him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad