Post-Game Talk: Samsonov Is Back! | Leafs Win 1-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Strange reading the Jets PGT.
For some odd reason they think Leaf fans felt the Leafs were deserving of the win and are celebrating our cup win.
No idea where they would get that impression.

We are living rent free in their heads. As is the case with most other Canadian fan bases.

We were neither deserving or undeserving in my opinion. Neither team played well

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
It started with a give and go with Matthews where Matthews tried to feed Robertson with the puck for a cross crease tap in. I think there was a deflection and Robertson ran after it which led to the puck going back to the opposite side of the ice, line change, pass to Rielly and the GWG. Was just so chaotic.
I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone could watch that overtime goal and think Robertson looked "awful". He created the offensive chances by knocking down a pass, recovered the loose puck after the Jets accidentally broke up the give-and-go, then even when he missed the next pass from Matthews he got to the puck first and held possession well until he was able to get it to Rielly and go off for a change. That was a fantastic shift.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Jets played like ass IMO
Their speed advantage was obvious, their work ethic was much better. They lacked finish. Now imagine if our elite players actually have an honest effort. Are they unable or unwilling? Are they that scared of physical contact, it’s pathetic

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Especially the 1st period. I think that the team played better the rest of the game, but Samsonov saved them in the 1st. Hopefully he can continue playing well.

Agreed. We got caved in first 20 minutes. There are people in this thread acting like and even saying that we got dominated for 90% and that’s just not true. First was a tire fire, the rest of the game they were competitive with neither team really dictating the play or taking it to the other.

End of the game it was all fairly even imo, both played poorly as I see it, to the degree that I typically would not classify it as a stolen game, but in this case I’ll give it to Sammy because 1) he was really good and 2) that pp 2 on 0 clusterf*** saved the game.

Reactions: Forgotusername

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Didn't look that way to me from my eyes watching game from my 1st row blues but game did get sloppy in 2nd and 3rd for sure

I agree, that’s what I saw when I was watching the game on my 100 inch curved OLED on my megayacht (that’s my backup megayacht TV, the supermodel convention I was hosting was using the main screen).

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Samsonov truly deserved that shutout but the rest of the team, I dunno... Guess you just take the two points and never talk about it again...
If Keefe continues to coach the way he did last night, I'm liking him a lot more. Looked so good when he benched the 3 amigos for having stayed out on the PP for way too long! FINALLY, some accountability to the core!

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
But we need to keep in mind who the Jets were playing without in this game.

Do we? Their defense on paper is still better than ours minus Morissey. Their goaltending is still better than ours minus Hellebuyck. Their offense is still deeper than ours minus Schiefele and Villardi. Our big guns didn’t even really show up and they played down to our level.

If Keefe continues to coach the way he did last night, I'm liking him a lot more. Looked so good when he benched the 3 amigos for having stayed out on the PP for way too long! FINALLY, some accountability to the core!

That is not why they were benched. They were benched because they were mid managing the puck and because our PP has been ass for weeks

Reactions: hn777

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Do we? Their defense on paper is still better than ours minus Morissey. Their goaltending is still better than ours minus Hellebuyck. Their offense is still deeper than ours minus Schiefele and Villardi. Our big guns didn’t even really show up and they played down to our level.

That is not why they were benched. They were benched because they were mid managing the puck and because our PP has been ass for weeks
Oh that played a part for sure. The main thing is that he least made them accountable! Just hope that it continues.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I agree, that’s what I saw when I was watching the game on my 100 inch curved OLED on my megayacht (that’s my backup megayacht TV, the supermodel convention I was hosting was using the main screen).

I saw two teams that both played pretty equally poorly in the back half of the game from my prime Birds Eye position suspended from the rafters above the ice of SBA like Ethan Hunt.

• Haha
Reactions: Dekes For Days

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Good to see Samsonov comeback with a couple of strong games, probably his best of the season.

Also to the people who keep putting Robertson and other Leafs prospects in trade proposals, THIS IS WHY you give them a chance with your team first before thinking about moving them. Don't know why some fans here are so eager to move Leafs prospects without letting them develop and then giving them a shot with the Leafs for a good run of games before deciding whether or not to move them.
I think one reason has been the way Keefe wouldn't give them extra minutes when they truly deserved it. Let's hope Keefe has FINALLY learned his lesson.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I get PTSD every time there's a 2 on 0. What Galchenyuk did in that playoff series was brutal and some believe it changed the series.

There is no excuse ever for a 2 on 0.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I still think benching 34, 88 & 16 and trotting 91 out there like he isn’t right there with them is fairly asinine. Not sure how players are supposed to take that seriously when they were at least good say last game or the one before and JT has been playing pretty lousy hockey for easily a couple weeks

Last edited:

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
For some odd reason they think Leaf fans felt the Leafs were deserving of the win and are celebrating our cup win.
Yeah I was reading much the same. They have this narrative in their head and just run with that regardless of our comments. Simply put, the Jets were the better team last night and are much better than us throughout the season. They got goalied tonight - it happens. We should be much better on Saturday but will likely lose. It happens. Yet they have this narrative that we are planning parades, whatever it takes to fuel their hatred I guess

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Their speed advantage was obvious, their work ethic was much better. They lacked finish. Now imagine if our elite players actually have an honest effort. Are they unable or unwilling? Are they that scared of physical contact, it’s pathetic
They didn't look fast or physical

I didn't see the jets do much of anything

They got that 2 on 0, and that's about it

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
They didn't look fast or physical

I didn't see the jets do much of anything

They got that 2 on 0, and that's about it

Yeah I think people are giving the Jets more credit than their play actually deserves because of the fact none of us are happy with the effort our forward group put forth.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Matthews getting all this "leadership" praise for giving the belt back to Sammy is hilarious to me. Sure he scored, but he was absolute dog shit the entire game, how in the world could he take it from the guy who stole us the game without turning redder than the sun. What else was he going to do?

Didn't stop him from taking the money

🤡💰🤠

Reactions: DarkKnight

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
It‘s obviously not something those Winnipeg players practice. 2 on 0 and really didn’t have a good scoring chance.
That's because they really had two good scoring chances.
Matthews getting all this "leadership" praise for giving the belt back to Sammy is hilarious to me. Sure he scored, but he was absolute dog shit the entire game, how in the world could he take it from the guy who stole us the game without turning redder than the sun. What else was he going to do?
If it was pro wrestling, the villain would steal the belt, run into the dressing room, and keep it until the next pay-per-view.
I still think benching 34, 88 & 16 and trotting 91 out there like he isn’t right there with them is fairly asinine. Not sure how players are supposed to take that seriously when they were at least good say last game or the one before and JT has been playing pretty lousy hockey for easily a couple weeks
How many guys out of 12 forwards can you really bench for a significant part of the game? Three seems to be the logical limit. Keeping Tavares on the ice was probably the better move in a slow, plodding game like last night.

• Haha
Reactions: DarkKnight

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Their irrational rage helps them keep warm at night.

Reactions: Lilou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad