Post-Game Talk: Samsonov Is Back! | Leafs Win 1-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If Keefe continues to coach the way he did last night, I'm liking him a lot more. Looked so good when he benched the 3 amigos for having stayed out on the PP for way too long! FINALLY, some accountability to the core!

The downside is they didn’t seem all that fired up and dialled in after the benching but at least Matthews scored and his messaging seemed to accept the benching…

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
The downside is they didn’t seem all that fired up and dialled in after the benching but at least Matthews scored and his messaging seemed to accept the benching…
Agreed, but maybe more benching when required might help solve that problem. Fingers crossed!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That was easily the worst win of the year. Offense was abysmal. Couldn't make a pass. ZERO life all game, crowd was a library for most of it. But ill take the 2 points. I expect a much better game on Saturday. We should sweep the season series with them.

In hindsight that giveaway to give up a 2 on 0 on the PP could be a blessing in disguise. That save by Sammy followed by the crowd chanting his name, and him being almost in tears, could be exactly what he needed to get his confidence for the ret of the season. Thank you Nylander (it was him right?)
It was Nylander who was tripped so he didn't get to the Timmins dumpin. Knies was going behind the net when the pass was made, Timmins had kept moving forward and was in the slot, Matthews and Marner were near the blueline, and closest to the Jets forwards. As soon as the pass was made (3:21) Matthews went to the bench for Domi (3:23) and Marner went to the bench for Jarnkrok (3:27).

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
From what I saw they didn’t look much faster than the Leafs. Soft and Slow wont win in the playoffs.

They looked like 2 defensemen that got panicky on that 2 on 0
Hits 20-21, score 1-0 defence defence defence, what more do you want. lol!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Hits 20-21, score 1-0 defence defence defence, what more do you want. lol!
Apparently some people think Winnipeg is a legit contender. I watched them against Boston and bits of last night and maybe they are, but from what I saw his week they aren’t any better than the Leafs.

Maybe it’s injuries and where they are in the season, but I’d pump the brakes on them.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Apparently some people think Winnipeg is a legit contender. I watched them against Boston and bits of last night and maybe they are, but from what I saw his week they aren’t any better than the Leafs.

Maybe it’s injuries and where they are in the season, but I’d pump the brakes on them.
They’ve only given up 105 goals tops in the league by a large margin around 15 I think. They plug up the middle and breakup alot of passes. Maybe they are a little more exciting with the couple guys back they were missing

Reactions: hn777

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Wow Jets fans seem to be taking the loss hard. It's just a regular season game, what's the big deal?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
They’ve only given up 105 goals tops in the league by a large margin around 15 I think. They plug up the middle and breakup alot of passes. Maybe they are a little more exciting with the couple guys back they were missing
Good defensively for sure, but I think what sunk them last night (lack of offense) will continue to be a problem even with Schiefele and Vilardi back. They need more scoring. Maybe they can get it, but their GM never seems to move too quickly.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's their Stanley Cup.

I don’t think so. Not this year. They have a great team. They have a shot to take down any team in the West. And Leafs are below the Jets in the standings. This loss was on the players who couldn’t finish a 2 on 0 against freaking Samsonov.

Reactions: hn777

myleafs

May 25, 2021
I can see why the Jets have been having success, they seem to have their system figured out and plan to win their playoff games 2-1 or 1-0.
They are very strong in some areas but man do they lack any kind of offensive creativity. They just fired pucks at the net from anywhere and everywhere often when there was nobody in front for a rebound and often from very low danger areas. I dont watch the jets enough to know if this is what they always do but they were boring as F. imo.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Again, it could be they were/are having a bad week.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I don’t think so. Not this year. They have a great team. They have a shot to take down any team in the West. And Leafs are below the Jets in the standings. This loss was on the players who couldn’t finish a 2 on 0 against freaking Samsonov.
I actually picked them to win the west this year. But to those fans, any games vs the Leafs are their Stanley Cup.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This game started pretty similarly to the Canucks game, and others this year. A shit first period before the Leafs finally decided to wake up. Big difference this time was both goalies actually performed excellently and the powerplays were in our favour. As usual Leafs need to find a way to bring their best effort at the start of games.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad