Post-Game Talk: Samsonov Is Back! | Leafs Win 1-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Long overdue that the owners take them to task and break the players union. This crap league with little trades, tax rate factors and all the rest need addressed. There is a big need for restructuring and no trade clauses are the top of my list to get rid of.
I wouldn't hold your breath for that to happen. I'm sure the Owners are quite happy with the status quo.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Jets fans will probably be even more upset when the Leafs win in Winnipeg on Saturday. The Jets will be without their best forward and best defensemen. That is not easy for any team to overcome, especially one that struggles to score like Winnipeg.

Reactions: Duffman955

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Oh well then I stand corrected, just like the Stanley Cup.
I usually agree with the statement you made about us overblowing how teams treat our games, but winnipeg is one team for some reason that just cares alot

They had that game where Logan Stanley was hailed as Zdeno Chara before becoming irrelevant, they had the huge debacle of Sandin getting kneed and then Spezza going to end pionks career with a knee to the chest. Pionk(surprise surprise) cross checking Marner to the face after the empty net 3-1 sealer. Thornton and ehlers scrapping, Sandin with the huge reverse hit on wheeler than fighting Connor. Dubois horseriding of Matthews. These are all from the last 3 years

For some reason, the jets are the one team that takes our matchups as serious as the playoffs

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Jets fans will probably be even more upset when the Leafs win in Winnipeg on Saturday. The Jets will be without their best forward and best defensemen. That is not easy for any team to overcome, especially one that struggles to score like Winnipeg.
I thought on the broadcast they mentioned Scheifele might be back for the Saturday game. Could’ve misheard but yea if he and morrisey are out it’s gonna make the game a bit easier for us

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I get that Canadians in general have a negative opinion about Toronto , but let’s be real, when it comes to hockey, the Leafs they are historically the worst franchise in the NHL.
How the f*** are we the historically worst franchise in the NHL if we've won 13 Stanley Cups, second to only the Montreal Canadiens? Hyperbole much? We've had success in the years after 1967 with teams that could have won the Stanley Cup. 1978 was one such year where we had the misfortune of playing the greatest team in the history of the NHL in the Habs. 1993 we could have won the cup but Kerry Fraser decided he wasn't going to allow us to win it.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I get that Canadians in general have a negative opinion about Toronto , but let’s be real, when it comes to hockey, the Leafs they are historically the worst franchise in the NHL.
Well there you go confusing Toronto and the Leafs, Toronto produces more NHL players than any city in the world. So in that regard Toronto is number 1. The Leafs on the other hand have been very poorly run but given that it's by far not the worst run.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I thought on the broadcast they mentioned Scheifele might be back for the Saturday game. Could’ve misheard but yea if he and morrisey are out it’s gonna make the game a bit easier for us
I would expect them to keep him out for the sake of getting the extra rest. It's not a game that ultimately is very important for the Jets.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Good. Will be even sweeter when we still win

Can we stop this arrogance? Beating the Leafs is nobody's "Stanley Cup"

It’s not arrogance. If anything it’s commentary on the one sided rivalries the Canadian teams west of Ontario have with us. And it’s all just fun banter regardless. Who honestly cares if people say it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffman955

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hopefully matthews Marner nylander Tavares also come back from injury on Saturday :laugh:
It's a bit dated, but the best I could come up with on short notice.

Lost Person, Missing in Action.

1706293080943.png

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Long overdue that the owners take them to task and break the players union. This crap league with little trades, tax rate factors and all the rest need addressed. There is a big need for restructuring and no trade clauses are the top of my list to get rid of.
lol, what? The vampiric owners have gotten everything they want and been sucking this league dry for decades. It's not the fault of the players that GMs are morons.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I could see changes to NMC/NTC. Doubt they'll ever account for different tax rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad