Rumor: Sakic says Duchene offers aren't good and he may stay with Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hamonic would be your 2nd or 3rd D. He is in on one of the best contracts. Hardly a cap dump.

MDC is 21. Hardly a bust.

First round pick in 2018 is great value.

You are as delusional as your GM.

Wasn't talking to Islanders fans lol, but Hamonic is too old for a rebuilding team.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Dal colle is a top prospect. Dont let the colorado scout professionals on hfboards fool you. No team is matching or exceeding that offer. And its not like sakic wasnt still considering it, bc elliot friedman went on nhl network around 6 and said the deal could possibly hinge on who goes 4th. This is really just a circus now and maybe its best if the isles walk away.

Well that's exactly my thought, I think that offer was an overpayment for Duchene, I'm sorry if I didn't made that clear ! Harmonic is a top pairing defenseman, MDC is still a great prospect and a 1st pick always holds good value... I doubt Duchene is worth that much.

I feel bad for him at this point.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
"Fine. We'll make absolutely no changes to our 22-56-4 Avalanche squad except buying out Beauch but still have the unwavering arrogance to crap on everyone else's players"

;)

To be fair they also lost a solid backup goalie to expansion. The added pressure on the remaining players will make them play much better.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bednar is a good coach. Unfortunate he'll take the fall for one of worst GMs in the last few decades, just because that GM was a HoF player.

Flawed roster or no; but Roy had a similar crew in the playoff race until very late in the season. Bednar saw the team quit on him by Christmas. He may be a good coach, but he's already ****ed up relationships with a number of players on the team while showing no ability to adapt tactically when teams adapted to him.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Just in case everyone forgot: Derek Stepan got 7th overall. If teams aren't going to beat that offer then no wonder Sakic is taking his ball and going home.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Just in case everyone forgot: Derek Stepan got 7th overall. If teams aren't going to beat that offer then no wonder Sakic is taking his ball and going home.

When he walks for nothing remember that.
If he holds out because he reached his limit of being screwed over by the GM, remember that too.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Jesus. It is absolutely baffling that Sakic still has a job. I blame the Avs ****** owners. They've run the Nuggets into the ground, guess it's the Avs turn now. :shakehead

Feel bad for Duchene at this point...

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
When he walks for nothing remember that.
If he holds out because he reached his limit of being screwed over by the GM, remember that too.

One: He has two years left on his contract, that's plenty of time to find a trade. Even pure rental prices would be better than some of the crap offers people have made.

Two: He's getting paid 6 million a year. That covers a lot of hurt feelings.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Bednar is a good coach. Unfortunate he'll take the fall for one of worst GMs in the last few decades, just because that GM was a HoF player.

Bednar is not a good coach, he lacks any charisma. He probably can't even motivate his own dog to go on a walk.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
If he wants to be moved he will have to play well enough for a team to trade for him. Guy completely checked out last half of the season (and I can't blame him) but if he wants out, he brought it on himself

Only two years to UFA.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
He is absolutely not a good coach. Good coaches don't take an 80+ point roster under Roy to a 48 point roster. The Avs had practically zero major roster changes last year, so there was no difference between Roy's Avs and Bednar's Avs. Bednar is a complete amateur.

Suits Sakic well I suppose.
Bednar has won Cups in both the ECHL and AHL. Sorry you have an overinflated view of your franchise, but not even Babcock could turn the pile of garbage you call your roster into a playoff team. You have 2 borderline elite talents on the whole roster surrounded by 2-3 good players and absolute trash. No one will get any results of what Sakic is giving.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
One: He has two years left on his contract, that's plenty of time to find a trade. Even pure rental prices would be better than some of the crap offers people have made.

Two: He's getting paid 6 million a year. That covers a lot of hurt feelings.

Garth Snow drew a solid line in the sand today:

Top-4 defenseman
+
Former 1st round (top 5 actually) prospect
+
Future 1st

Sakic now has two years to get a better offer than that. Tick tick.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bednar has won Cups in both the ECHL and AHL. Sorry you have an overinflated view of your franchise, but not even Babcock could turn the pile of garbage you call your roster into a playoff team. You have 2 borderline elite talents on the whole roster surrounded by 2-3 good players and absolute trash. No one will get any results of what Sakic is giving.

:dunno: Roy almost did it. I mean; I knew Roy was badly under-rated, but I didn't realize that folks considered him a better coach than Babcock...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
We don't know what the offers are so it's impossible to tell.

Something like Hamonic, Dal Colle and 2018 1st doesn't really do all that much for Avs. If that's the best Islanders are willing to go, I don't blame Sakic for passing. Not the defender and not the prospect that would have to be involved.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Something is worth what someone else will pay. If no one is offering what Sakic wants, obviously he is overvaluing Duchene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad