Rumor: Sakic says Duchene offers aren't good and he may stay with Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
So Harmonic + 1st + prospect isn't enough to get Duchene ???

Man...

Dal colle is a top prospect. Dont let the colorado scout professionals on hfboards fool you. No team is matching or exceeding that offer. And its not like sakic wasnt still considering it, bc elliot friedman went on nhl network around 6 and said the deal could possibly hinge on who goes 4th. This is really just a circus now and maybe its best if the isles walk away.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Poile doesn't need to do anything here. They came close to a Cup and almost everyone is locked in. Sakic wants one of the top 4 which is extra hilarious.
I just don't understand his stubbornness. I mean unless the offers are truly that bad. But Duchene has been on the market for so long, I find it hard to believe he hasn't been offered something remotely fair.

Weast

May 16, 2011
I actually want Duchene to stay. With that being said, Sakic has completely ****ed up this entire situation

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Nothing surprising here. Sakic is asking for a star player return for Duchene who just had an awful season. Either Sakic gets real or no deal is happening.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I can't imagine over the last year there hasn't been an acceptable deal on the table between all the team involved. What the heck is Sakic doing?

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
I said it earlier on the Pens board, Duchene will start the season in Colorado.

Sakic doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Fine. We'll keep our top six center and you can keep your middle pairing cap dumps and busts.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Fine. We'll keep our top six center and you can keep your middle pairing cap dumps and busts.

Hamonic would be your 2nd or 3rd D. He is in on one of the best contracts. Hardly a cap dump.

MDC is 21. Hardly a bust.

First round pick in 2018 is great value.

You are as delusional as your GM.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Bednar can repair the relationships with Duchene & Soderberg after the past 12 months; while making the team less inept on the ice...he'll deserve the adams.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You announce this after the night is over and no trade is made.. hes trying to get more out of Poile. But Poile is too savvy for that, he's now taking to the Oil.

I just want the Preds to trade the pick for a center... Duchene or rnh are both fine with me

Doubt Sakic would even want the Preds pick for Duchene. Based on what Joe's lookin for from other teams, I'd guess he'd want Fiala, Fabbro & Kamenev for Duchene (retained) with no picks attached.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
If Bednar can repair the relationships with Duchene & Soderberg after the past 12 months; while making the team less inept on the ice...he'll deserve the adams.
Bednar is a good coach. Unfortunate he'll take the fall for one of worst GMs in the last few decades, just because that GM was a HoF player.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Are you telling me that in the past year Sakic didn't speak with most every GM multiple times, and of all the offers he must've had no deal was fair?

giphy.gif

I mean Sakic is acting like he's holding on to McDavid.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Bednar is a good coach. Unfortunate he'll take the fall for one of worst GMs in the last few decades, just because that GM was a HoF player.

He is absolutely not a good coach. Good coaches don't take an 80+ point roster under Roy to a 48 point roster. The Avs had practically zero major roster changes last year, so there was no difference between Roy's Avs and Bednar's Avs. Bednar is a complete amateur.

Suits Sakic well I suppose.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

"Fine. We'll make absolutely no changes to our 22-56-4 Avalanche squad except buying out Beauch but still have the unwavering arrogance to crap on everyone else's players"

;)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
He's going to have to trade him soon, I doubt Sakic wants to re-sign him at 14M a year. Or does he only get McDavid value in a trade but not McDavid value contracts?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I just don't understand his stubbornness. I mean unless the offers are truly that bad. But Duchene has been on the market for so long, I find it hard to believe he hasn't been offered something remotely fair.

He was made good offers from Ottawa last summer that sens fans would lose their minds over if made today. Joe just hesitated and now he doesn't wanna make a move unless he can get an offer like the one he already blinked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad