Saginaw Spirit 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Now, don't take this the wrong way, but your post is a nonsencical disjoited ramble on this topic. I can't dig through the weeds of it.
But...totally wrong my friend. In the past , those were marginally skilled players who lacked necessary skills to do anything other than the role that was handed to them. I have first hand knowledge to have played with some of these "role" players and their skills would blow away anything that you could comprehend, yet that was their position. Todays enforcer / tough guy would blow away in talent alone those of the past...I know.
I wontvtake it the wrong way. Ill take it as you posted lol.
I think the same of your posts as you do mine. It's just not true or factual. Hope ya don't take it the wrong way. ;)
Again your making assumptions about what I know or dont and put yourself as the authority. Says alot ;) I also have first hand knowledge but you are the expert. I challenged your posts and not you, but you feel free to assume what I know don't know or what experience I have. All good.
I'll bow to your almighty self proclaimed authority. Hope that makes you feel better.
Ill just say have a good day and leave the convo. Agree to disagree is ok,

You can PM if you need to respond as not to have this convo on the saggy board and waste everyone's time.

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Arber Xhekaj got 3 games for the "time to sleep" gesture after knocking out Mark Wooley. I can't fathom any hockey fan thinking that was worse than spitting on someone.
If the ohl really cared deeply about this parekh should’ve sat out the top prospects game. That would’ve been a big statement from them. Also 2 games is weak as I highly doubt he would’ve flew from Moncton to Windsor to play the game tonight anyways. Liam greentree isn’t playing it wouldn’t have been different for parekh.

So essentially a 1 game suspension for spitting on 2 different players. Not a good look for the league. Will not be surprised if/when kingston takes matters into their own hands next time they play. Hope it doesn’t come to that but I really wouldn’t be surprised if something happened to parekh- he might want to sit that one out.

Reactions: MJ5 and dirty12

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Fans want contact?......fans wanted death in bull fighting and gladiator games as well. Should we appease their wants at the sacrifice of the participants. Odd.
I preached standing up for yourself, battling, playing hard and as a trainer, and still do now, but things change.

Anyhow, spitting at an opponent is weak IMO and this player has walked the line on suspect plays previously. Hopefully he learns without vigilanty justice.
NFL!

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I wontvtake it the wrong way. Ill take it as you posted lol.
I think the same of your posts as you do mine. It's just not true or factual. Hope ya don't take it the wrong way. ;)
Again your making assumptions about what I know or dont and put yourself as the authority. Says alot ;) I also have first hand knowledge but you are the expert. I challenged your posts and not you, but you feel free to assume what I know don't know or what experience I have. All good.
I'll bow to your almighty self proclaimed authority. Hope that makes you feel better.
Ill just say have a good day and leave the convo. Agree to disagree is ok,

You can PM if you need to respond as not to have this convo on the saggy board and waste everyone's time.
I have hurt your feelings. That I know a lot says I know a lot. Most likely much older than you. Do me a favor, if you want to continue to continue, (redundancy ) you might learn a lot. Agree to disagree,

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

They are taking the hardest hits out of the NFL, eliminating kickoffs to prevent injuries, eliminated head contact on QBs, more roughing the qb rules, more defenseless receiver rules, more and more rules every year to increase player safety yet viewership is the highest it’s been since 2015. People still watch the game despite rules to increase player safety long term

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
My guess is will be any contact to the head on a check equals penalty, not just principle point of contact. With stiffer penalties for repeat violators. Similar Rules are already being implemented in juniors and will trickle upwards. CHL is a developmental league of course, so they will test rules there first. I remember not that long ago there was a Windsor player who wanted to fight 100 times in a season. So the OHL limited to 10 fights now 3. Now the Q has banned fighting all together and that’s all in the last few years. So contact will be allowed but will be limited

Funny you mention slap shots though, just read an article that they are at like an all time low because the data shows they are one of the worst shots you can take statistically and a slower more accurate wrist shot/snap shots is where the games heading. Further evolution of the game
apparently you have never seen how a in the slot one timer is scored. Am I going to have to post videos of this as well? You and your evolution. Yet you are correct, the defenceman slapshot from the point has gone the way of the dinosaur. See we agree....hope springs eternal! :)

With regard to the NFL, NHL... the speed an physicality of today's athlete has outstripped previous conventional rules in all sports. Equipment is also the dark side of the equation. We have padded up the athlete to play under the same old rules. Something has to change. On this matter we both agree.

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I have hurt your feelings. That I know a lot says I know a lot. Most likely much older than you. Do me a favor, if you want to continue to continue, (redundancy ) you might learn a lot. Agree to disagree,
Nah, ya didn't hurt my feelings at all. To hurt my feelings Id have to care what you think ;) Your need to publicly say that says alot. Again your assuming. I'm over 50 swoop before ya keep making wrong assumptions.
Offered to take the convo off here and to PMs but you had to post incorrect info again. Cool.
Again the arrogance.....yes most educated one, learn me up. but take it to a PM lol.

Ok then lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcspragu

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
So the suspension for spitting on another player is 2 games? I think it's a little weak. I don't think it needed to be more then 5 games but 2 is a complete slap on the wrist. I really hope some internal discipline is done.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
So the suspension for spitting on another player is 2 games? I think it's a little weak. I don't think it needed to be more then 5 games but 2 is a complete slap on the wrist. I really hope some internal discipline is done.
He's a first time offender... I doubt there's an automatic amount of games for something like that. I'm fine with it but I despise spitting... My kids both spit when they were little...they got soap in their mouth when they did it... The spitting didn't last long. Hopefully 2 games is soap for Zayne (spoiler alert, I don't think it will be).

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
He's a first time offender... I doubt there's an automatic amount of games for something like that. I'm fine with it but I despise spitting... My kids both spit when they were little...they got soap in their mouth when they did it... The spitting didn't last long. Hopefully 2 games is soap for Zayne (spoiler alert, I don't think it will be).
He's a "first time offender" LOL
You can say that about physical plays but to say it about someone spitting is disgusting. If Parekh kicked someone should he get a lighter suspension because it is of course his "first time"?
When the action isn't hockey related it doesn't matter your track record.

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
He's a "first time offender" LOL
You can say that about physical plays but to say it about someone spitting is disgusting. If Parekh kicked someone should he get a lighter suspension because it is of course his "first time"?
When the action isn't hockey related it doesn't matter your track record.
Not sure why that is "LOL"? Parekh has not been suspended before and he has no history with OHL disciplinary actions.

He is being judged on this act alone...the NHL gives out 3 game suspensions which is about 3.5% of a season...the OHL gave out a 2 game suspension which is about 3% of a season...seems about right.

Again, I am a SAGINAW SPIRIT fan but I am not a Zayne Parekh fan...he has all the talent in the world but I don't like how he plays and my opinion is that he should be traded next year to get him off the team and replenish our draft picks. The way Zayne plays, he is either going to get his teeth knocked out or he's going to do something stupid (again) and miss significant time for the team and cost us. On the spitting, he got suspended and it's done.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Maybe he had a talk with Ivan Prosvetov for how not to do stupid antics on the ice. Spirit fan too, Let’s agree to move on good points made by posters on both sides

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Full line up again for first time in weeks. Letting Misa play center today. Again, very balanced lines with everyone back. Try and get through this one without an injury or suspension please?

• Love
Reactions: Finster8

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
Full line up again for first time in weeks. Letting Misa play center today. Again, very balanced lines with everyone back. Try and get through this one without an injury or suspension please?
Looked a little scary when Hay went down but it was nice to see him get back out there. Gave up a lot of shots today but not a lot of great chances... Lalonde was very solid and team took advantage when we had opportunities

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Not sure why that is "LOL"? Parekh has not been suspended before and he has no history with OHL disciplinary actions.

He is being judged on this act alone...the NHL gives out 3 game suspensions which is about 3.5% of a season...the OHL gave out a 2 game suspension which is about 3% of a season...seems about right.

Again, I am a SAGINAW SPIRIT fan but I am not a Zayne Parekh fan...he has all the talent in the world but I don't like how he plays and my opinion is that he should be traded next year to get him off the team and replenish our draft picks. The way Zayne plays, he is either going to get his teeth knocked out or he's going to do something stupid (again) and miss significant time for the team and cost us. On the spitting, he got suspended and it's done.
I’d rather have a throat slash sent my way than be spat on. The league though suspended Assadourian indefinitely for a throat slash.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’d rather have a throat slash sent my way than be spat on. The league though suspended Assadourian indefinitely for a throat slash.

the suspension for saying ‘euro’ was five games, spitting at a player two games but not to take effect until after the spitter was showcased in the CHL prospects game, a throat slash …indefinite.
None are acceptable, but spitting seems worst to me.

McNamara was the target for the two most recent. He might want to be careful.

Reactions: EvenSteven

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
I think spitting is awful, disrespectful and should be penalized but I'm sorry, it's not as bad as a death threat or hate crime.

Now is it really a death threat...no...I'm sure players yell "come on man, I'll f**ing kill you" at other players all the time on the ice. The very visible throat slash is what is giving him a suspension and in my mind, it would be a suspension equivalent to if a player went off the ice and flipped off the crowd or something like that. Because it was so visible the league has to do something. I'd guess he gets two games similar to Givani Smith 5-6 years ago:

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I think spitting is awful, disrespectful and should be penalized but I'm sorry, it's not as bad as a death threat or hate crime.

Now is it really a death threat...no...I'm sure players yell "come on man, I'll f**ing kill you" at other players all the time on the ice. The very visible throat slash is what is giving him a suspension and in my mind, it would be a suspension equivalent to if a player went off the ice and flipped off the crowd or something like that. Because it was so visible the league has to do something. I'd guess he gets two games similar to Givani Smith 5-6 years ago:

Pretty sure SSM forward Jaden Peca got 2 games for flipping off Saginaw fans after he got beat up by Justin Murray in the playoff couple years ago.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

Hopefully Parekh learns better than Givani Smith, who has previously used false allegations of racism to motivate his team and continues to partake in boneheaded antics.

If it makes anyone feel better, Parekh may as well have been suspended another game. He continues to be an extraordinarily poor defensive player and showcased that tonight with several giveaways and blunders. He's lucky to be paired with an excellent defender in Donovan.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Outshot. Lost the face off battle. PK not on top of its game. Basically didn’t do the things that we normally do. That’s not gonna be a recipe for a W. Onto the next one.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Hopefully Parekh learns better than Givani Smith, who has previously used false allegations of racism to motivate his team and continues to partake in boneheaded antics.

If it makes anyone feel better, Parekh may as well have been suspended another game. He continues to be an extraordinarily poor defensive player and showcased that tonight with several giveaways and blunders. He's lucky to be paired with an excellent defender in Donovan.
Wait. You just were praising Trevor Daley but don’t believe Smith?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Wait. You just were praising Trevor Daley but don’t believe Smith?
That's an apples to oranges comparison.

Daley's incident was confirmed after a thorough investigation and action was taken. We have good reason to believe that his claims are true.

Smith's claims were not investigated or acted upon and were also refuted by multiple, reliable, firsthand accounts and thus, easily proven to be false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad