Saginaw Spirit 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
He spit on his former teammate?
I believe that one for sure. When McNamara scored he went crazy and pointing and chirping the Saginaw bench, definitely some bad blood there. He’s never reacted that way since being on the fronts.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I don't think spitting should ever be your "go to" if someone says something and if it is then you need to re-evaluate how you handle your crap. Let's not defend any actions like this -- regardless of what was said or done because we can also condemn the actions that led to it as well - 2 wrongs don't make a right as grandma said.
if someone says “hey you suck.” Yeah spitting is not ok. If someone says something heinous, I’m not slapping a huge punishment on the player.

I never said he should get off with nothing. We are missing context that only the players know.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
if someone says “hey you suck.” Yeah spitting is not ok. If someone says something heinous, I’m not slapping a huge punishment on the player.

I never said he should get off with nothing. We are missing context that only the players know.
Spitting is never okay lol and a very cowardly way of handling things. Drove the gloves or sit down and shut up.

Reactions: Geff and dirty12

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i don't buy into the neanderthal code of doing things any more than spitting... in grown up life we don't settle things by spitting on people or punching them in the face although there's times i wish we could.

Reactions: Kingpin794

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
i don't buy into the neanderthal code of doing things any more than spitting... in grown up life we don't settle things by spitting on people or punching them in the face although there's times i wish we could.
That’s a consistent take I agree with. I rather both actions not occur at a game.

Spitting is never okay lol and a very cowardly way of handling things. Drove the gloves or sit down and shut up.
There it is. The weird take that fighting is somehow more honorable. It’s not.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Sorry king... spitting on somebody is the most disrespectful thing you can do to somebody. It states you are____ in their eye. If I were spat apon, lord help that individual, because in my world, fighing is far more honorable. Spitting at me is the act of a maladjusted conceited coward.

Again, this kid has emotional problems, and that act proves it. I don't know if he grew up rich, but there is a superiority to him that is far above his athletcism. He thinks he can get away with whatever he wants. I've seen him play, the arrogance, lack of respect, thinking he is cute, but he screams classless.

Can't remember a Spirit player with his talent act and present himself the way he does. It's sad.

Last edited:

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
He sure did
McNamara was taunting their whole bench. You could tell there was bad blood there

I’m pretty sure there’s an account that is some sort of family member/ representative that was created right about the time he was out the door. Does nothing but take shots at the team and players that replaced him. Definitely seems bitter about the situation. The way the team came together after he left says a lot about who was the issue

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
That’s a consistent take I agree with. I rather both actions not occur at a game.

There it is. The weird take that fighting is somehow more honorable. It’s not.
You'll find very few people who would agree that spitting in someone's face is more honourable than challenging them to a fight, especially in a sport where the latter is the agreed upon way to settle disputes.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
You'll find very few people who would agree that spitting in someone's face is more honourable than challenging them to a fight, especially in a sport where the latter is the agreed upon way to settle disputes.
They're both stupid but one of them is seen as acceptable in hockey because of antiquated notions of "the code" or whatever. It's silly to lose ones mind over one action but glorify another.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
They're both stupid but one of them is seen as acceptable in hockey because of antiquated notions of "the code" or whatever. It's silly to lose ones mind over one action but glorify another.
I'm not here to dispute your personal opinion on fighting.

I'm stating that it is considered acceptable by hockey players. Most in-game disputes end after a fight. PJ Forgione was constantly slashing players from behind after the whistle in the last Greyhounds game and then got his face rearranged for being a coward. Problem solved. There was no talk of suspension or an ongoing dispute afterwards.

Spitting on other players (allegedly) multiple times in a game is not seen in the same light, even if you or I think that it should be.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I'm not here to dispute your personal opinion on fighting.

I'm stating that it is considered acceptable by hockey players. Most in-game disputes end after a fight. PJ Forgione was constantly slashing players from behind after the whistle in the last Greyhounds game and then got his face rearranged for being a coward. Problem solved. There was no talk of suspension or an ongoing dispute afterwards.

Spitting on other players (allegedly) multiple times in a game is not seen in the same light, even if you or I think that it should be.
Weird language coming from a grown adult.

This is my point.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Then why spit... lets solve our disputes like the primates, nothing like a good fecal toss. That way nobody gets hurt.

bsc do you watch professional hockey? There are accidental collisions as well as purposeful. There is stick work, elbowing, charging and a whole myriad of other injury inducing incidents. Then there is fighting...man hitting plastic with fist and hopefully finding face. All part of the game as far as I can tell. You seem to want an anesthetized version of the game that will never happen.

If indeed you look for a sport where dinosaurs don't roam, then I suggest badmitten or table tennis. But then again, I just can't envision T-Rex with a racquet or paddle in its hand.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Weird language coming from a grown adult.

This is my point.
Try not to hurt yourself when you fall off of your high horse.

Slashing people from behind with a weapon or spitting in their face is cool, but a completely consensual physical contest is some kind of childish, immoral act?

You've been wrong for the entirety of human history. Cowardice has never and will never be valued over two people dealing with things on equal footing. Don't watch hockey if you think physicality is immoral. Forgione wasn't forced to get into a fight, he was asking for it. The Spirit players don't need you to tell them that they are dinosaurs and how much more evolved that you are. They are men that know what to expect when they step on the ice.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Maybe they’re waiting to release the punishment after the prospects game. To avoid any negative light on him during the event?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Sorry king... spitting on somebody is the most disrespectful thing you can do to somebody. It states you are____ in their eye. If I were spat apon, lord help that individual, because in my world, fighing is far more honorable. Spitting at me is the act of a maladjusted conceited coward.

Again, this kid has emotional problems, and that act proves it. I don't know if he grew up rich, but there is a superiority to him that is far above his athletcism. He thinks he can get away with whatever he wants. I've seen him play, the arrogance, lack of respect, thinking he is cute, but he screams classless.

Can't remember a Spirit player with his talent act and present himself the way he does. It's sad.
Reminds me of Josh Ho Sang the way he carries himself. I don’t care if he’s a spirit player or a fronts player, there is 0 chance I’d be standing up for someone doing that. If you support that you really need to check yourself. (Not saying you do, just saying in general)

The whole thing is don’t do that, but if you do be prepared to fight don’t just run away and hide behind the biggest guy on the ice like a coward.

Also if they don’t do anything about parekh I can guarantee we will see lots of spitting or worse and when the fronts go back to Saginaw there may be more then just that.

Don’t care how talented you are, that is something you absolutely cannot do at any age and there needs to be repercussions.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Then why spit... lets solve our disputes like the primates, nothing like a good fecal toss. That way nobody gets hurt.

bsc do you watch professional hockey? There are accidental collisions as well as purposeful. There is stick work, elbowing, charging and a whole myriad of other injury inducing incidents. Then there is fighting...man hitting plastic with fist and hopefully finding face. All part of the game as far as I can tell. You seem to want an anesthetized version of the game that will never happen.

If indeed you look for a sport where dinosaurs don't roam, then I suggest badmitten or table tennis. But then again, I just can't envision T-Rex with a racquet or paddle in its hand.

Fighting is illegal in hockey there’s a penalty for it, always not been allowed. Just like there should be penalties called for stick work like slashing and cross checking and even spitting.

No one is saying these things don’t happen in a game but they shouldn’t be glorified and even downright encouraged. Some people are willfully cheering for injury to a minor because they think he’s a bad person. If you can’t look in a mirror and see that’s a problem I can’t help you.

Reactions: DWI Dale

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Reminds me of Josh Ho Sang the way he carries himself. I don’t care if he’s a spirit player or a fronts player, there is 0 chance I’d be standing up for someone doing that. If you support that you really need to check yourself. (Not saying you do, just saying in general)

The whole thing is don’t do that, but if you do be prepared to fight don’t just run away and hide behind the biggest guy on the ice like a coward.

Also if they don’t do anything about parekh I can guarantee we will see lots of spitting or worse and when the fronts go back to Saginaw there may be more then just that.

Don’t care how talented you are, that is something you absolutely cannot do at any age and there needs to be repercussions.

You realize he got a game misconduct penalty right? That’s repercussions. But your bloodlust won’t end until he faces physical punishment for it? Pop in your Don Cherry rock ‘em sock em vhs if you have that much pent up anger and relive the good old days

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You realize he got a game misconduct penalty right? That’s repercussions. But your bloodlust won’t end until he faces physical punishment for it? Pop in your Don Cherry rock ‘em sock em vhs if you have that much pent up anger and relive the good old days
Wow he missed a period of play for spitting on 2 players. That’s quite the repercussions. Do you think before you post?

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
bcs "the good old days" are still out there. Please view an NHL game... you would be shocked at the contact and violence still out there . Did Connor Bedard break his jaw getting hit by a Twinkie.

A simple question, were you traumatized at some point watching hockey from the past as you keep bringing it to our attention. Here is a list of players from the "goon" period of NHL hockey. Go to a comfort space to view it.

I would post the 80's, but you might need a quiet moment.

Last edited:

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
IMG_3186.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad