Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
so i have a question

lets say Leafs lose this game
is everyone going to cry tank nation

and the sky is falling

otothsan

Feb 16, 2012
What the status of Jake Gardiner? I know he went to Montreal, obviously didn't play. Heard hes practicing

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Worried this team is just going to run us over physically. Can't let Foligno, Kaleta, Ott have a field day on our defense.

This is the kind of game where Orr is going to have to prove his worth.

And Scott. Boston made this happen, Sabres are definitely a tougher team this year.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
WOW the Leafs went 3-2-1 last year against the Sabres? Felt like you guys won every game.

Mentioned this earlier in the thread haha, we've actually had that record against them for the past 2 years ;) It feels like we always lose against Buffalo but really that's because we haven't given them a real "beatdown" in a long time, every game is tight, and before 2011 we would lose almost every game against them. Glad things have somewhat turned around, though unfortunately that frustration of losing has transferred over to Boston, Philadelphia and Florida.....

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Boston gives us problems because of their roster- They are a big bodied/physical
team that likes to chip and cycle, we struggle against teams like these because we are horrid at making the first pass out or simply skating it out (although better last game), Boston eats us alive. Any chances we do get were stimied by Thomas in net.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
It's going to be nice not seeing Foligno running around giving our skilled players headaches with Orr in the lineup. He'll keep the kid in check.

MrPiff17

Bay St. Bullies
Feb 22, 2009
the 416
I want them to dress Fraser, so the Sabers know they won't be able to bully us, but who sits? Maybe save him for the Bruins.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
And Scrivens should be in net. He won the game. There's no reason why he should be on the bench.

Last year Reimer came in and got starts for no reason even tho Gus was unreal in January. This shouldn't happen.

Agreed. Even if Scrivens didn't look all that great, he got us the W, which is what counts at the end of the day. I don't believe starting Reimer would give us a better chance of winning the game.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
so i have a question

lets say Leafs lose this game
is everyone going to cry tank nation

and the sky is falling

Ohh you'll get some for sure. This fan base is too big not to, I'm going to expect anything from "OMG TANK MODE!" to "Relax guys it's only the second game"

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Mentioned this earlier in the thread haha, we've actually had that record against them for the past 2 years ;) It feels like we always lose against Buffalo but really that's because we haven't given them a real "beatdown" in a long time, every game is tight, and before 2011 we would lose almost every game against them. Glad things have somewhat turned around, though unfortunately that frustration of losing has transferred over to Boston, Philadelphia and Florida.....

It feels like we always lose because the games at home are extremely close, and the games in Buffalo are gong shows. I can't stand playing in Buffalo, I have no idea what it is with that arena but strange things happen in there. Weird bounces off the boards, high scoring games, guys scoring on their own net...Ahhh

Carlton St Cashbox

Jan 8, 2013
I'm already thinking about the last two games we played against Buffalo last year. That was crazy! Buffalo looked really good against Philly yesterday. We need to tighten up our defence, avoid taking dumb penalties, and good goaltending. Hopefully Kadri will get more minutes. GO LEAFS GO!

Prototype

Nov 7, 2011
I dislike our new PP so far. It feels like the players are instructed to dump and chase, instead of just entering the zone with speed and setting up.

This will be our downfall

Penalty Kill Icing*

I dislike our new PP so far. It feels like the players are instructed to dump and chase, instead of just entering the zone with speed and setting up.

I hope we don't re-do.. Kessel trailing on PP and then carrying the puck in the zone. Getting obvious and Sabres would know this for sure.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

At first they did but they entered the zone plenty of times after they settled down.

We have were 40% on the PP in our first game. Somehow, I think that's more than good.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I'm so rattled that I won't be home for introductions. I hope someone puts it on Youtube.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

ya our power play was so good last year .......:laugh:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Should be a win for us, but I don't think we have fared well against the Sabres in the recent past.

If the defense can stay solid for the 60 mins, and our starter can make the odd good save, we should come out on top.

Who is starting btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad