Pre-Game Talk: Sabres vs. Leafs| Sportsnet 7:00| HOME OPENER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcLeaf

Both teams won their season opener

Sabres PP looked solid today so the Leafs need to try to stay out of the box and continue the solid penalty killing

Hopefully the Grabo line can have a better game

Who would you like to see start in net for the Leafs?

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Potential story lines...

• Scrivens saves
  • Kostka repeats performance
  • Lupul shows he is worth his new contract.
  • Battle of the chirps..Komarov vs. Ott, Komarov vs. Grigorenko
  • Punch fest; Brown vs Ott, Orr vs Scott (2:10 TOI vs flyers :shakehead)
  • Battle of the mishandled prospects: Kadri vs. Hodgson

Last edited:

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Gotta go with Scrivens. He was shaky, but we got the win.

Hopefully the Leafs put on a show for the home crowd.

GLG!

iArts

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 3, 2010
Toronto,ON,Canada
And Scrivens should be in net. He won the game. There's no reason why he should be on the bench.

Last year Reimer came in and got starts for no reason even tho Gus was unreal in January. This shouldn't happen.

DaveT83*

For some reason I feel Grabo is gonna have a monster game. 2goals + an Assist in 4-2 Win for Leafs.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Reimer.

I thought Scrivens looked shaky, and to be honest, he really didn't do much.

Hoping Reimer is given a shot, but I won't be disappointed in a Scrivens start, either. Eventually JR will be given a go at things. Hopefully the confidence of the team isn't down the drain by then.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hopefully we will have a bit more pressure offensively from the top guys.

Need more from the "2nd" line.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
If you've listened to Carlyle's interviews, he's said a couple times that he goes with the hot hand and in a sense, if its not broken then don't fix it. So my guess would be that Scrivens would get the start even though technically its not the "hot hand".

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
Scrivens. He looked shaky but at the end of the day, he got the job done.

The Sabres are a better team than they were last year. Gonna be a good game. Go Leafs Go!

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Hope our season home opener is not a let down. Didn't manage to get tickets though. Grabo line needs to pick it up, lupul needs to also pick it up. Hope kadri's line gets more min if they are playing like they did vs montreal. I thought Carlyle was going to reward the lines that where playing better yet, yesterday kadri only played 10 min.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
I hope we don't take eight penalties and/or cough up a 3-0 lead like we always seem to do against the Sabres..

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Sabres looked pretty good today, but the Flyers kinda got screwed by the stripes. They also took a ton of penalties and it bit them hard.

What's the latest on Gardiner?

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Potential story lines...

• Scrivens saves
  • Kostka repeats performance
  • Lupul shows he is worth his new contract.
  • Battle of the chirps..Komarov vs. Ott, Komorov vs. Grigorenko
  • Punch fest; Brown vs Ott, Orr vs Scott (2:10 TOI vs flyers :shakehead)
    [*]Battle of the mishandled prospects: Kadri vs. Hodgson

Looking forward to that one. Hodgson had a goal today also. Really hope Kadri proves to be the better prospect. I hope Carlyle rewards their line with second line minutes. Hopefully Kadri can have a game like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGgIZm6pZlM

EDDIE20*

Vanek was lights out today. The Leafs will have to be at the top of their game for this one. Buffalo's record against us is no fluke.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Agreed that this will be a tough game. I'd probably start Scrivens again, but I'd be fine with us starting either guy, similar quality goalies IMO.

Leafs For Life*

I'd hope for Riemer to start since he is calm and doesn't let stuff get to him and affect his game, but Carlyle is probably starting Scurvy. This'll be our actual test game, since it was AHL level yesterday.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I think it will be a close race between Buffalo and Boston for the division title. Buffalo is healthy and have little holes, should be a tough game for the Leafs.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yeah Scrivens was a bit shaky but I'm going to boil it down to nerves and being the starter in a season opener in Montreal..who wouldn't be nervous. No matter how shaky he looked though, he only gave up 1 goal and he won the game, gotta go with him tomorrow.

I also want to see more of the Kadri line, Kulemin has to wake the f up. I don't know what has happened to him the past year or so but even last night, he looked like crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad