6 points in 6 games
7 points in 6 games
16 points in 21 games

and now already 12 points in first 8 games
2nd in playoffs points, MTkachuk leads with 13

he has upped his overall game as well, not just points
good job Barky!

he is my Panthers Conn Smyth candidate
He comes back every year better than the last, if he wasn't so concerned with defense and cheated a bit more, I think he would be less underrated, but as Maurice says, he refuses to cheat the game for offense.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
1715411115077.png

• Haha
Reactions: Shark Finn

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Different games but equally important to the team success, switching Huberdeau for Tkachuk was a master class move by Bill Zito.
It was more about Tkachuk not wanting to stay in CGY and FLA having the assets to get him at that time, id call that just lucky, than the genius of Zito.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It was more about Tkachuk not wanting to stay in CGY and FLA having the assets to get him at that time, id call that just lucky, than the genius of Zito.
Not alot of GMs would have the stones, to deal a career long Panther coming off a 115 point season, do people not remember how good Huby was that season?

He wanted and expected to be extended in Florida.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Not alot of GMs would have the stones, to deal a career long Panther coming off a 115 point season, do people not remember how good Huby was that season?

He wanted and expected to be extended in Florida.
I agree, but i don't think it's that of a genius move to trade an aging stud for a new stud you know? It's of course a monster trade for FLA but i always just watched it as them being just lucky than anything else.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I agree, but i don't think it's that of a genius move to trade an aging stud for a new stud you know? It's of course a monster trade for FLA but i always just watched it as them being just lucky than anything else.
I guess if you look past the plethora of other moves made by Zito too, guy has some of the best pro scouts in the game, he very rarely if ever misses, Verhaeghe castoff, Forsling waiver wire, Bennett the move was deadpanned at the time, 2 2nds? Lol, Reinhart career loser said everyone in Buffalo including their media, numerous bottom 6 pains in the ass etc. it wasn't luck, it was the blueprint IMO.

Who in STL or NYR thought Mikkola was a top 4 guy? There are so many more examples missing, Lomberg, OEL, Gudas, Mahura, it goes on and on.

Or he has horseshoes up his ass, every damn year.

Last edited:

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
I guess if you look past the plethora of other moves made by Zito too, guy has some of the best pro scouts in the game, he very rarely if ever misses, Verhaeghe castoff, Forsling waiver wire, Bennett the move was deadpanned at the time, 2 2nds? Lol, Reinhart career loser said everyone in Buffalo including their media, numerous bottom 6 pains in the ass etc. it wasn't luck, it was the blueprint IMO.

Or he has horseshoes up his ass, every damn year.
Don't get me wrong the guy is very good, but i was only talking about the Tkachuk trade. I think it was a move most GM:s in the league would have pulled in his shoes too.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Don't get me wrong the guy is very good, but i was only talking about the Tkachuk trade. I think it was a move most GM:s in the league would have pulled in his shoes too.
Calgary fans were convinced he was a product of Gaudreau and Lindholm, took all last year for that to go away. Chucky stirs his own drink, and is centered by another Flames reject that we were told couldn't play.

They were convinced they fleeced us on the deal. It wasn't considered a slam dunk at the time, but now, anyone would have done it? I dunno

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
3 points in 6 games
4 points in 4 games
6 points in 6 games
7 points in 6 games
16 points in 21 games

and now already 12 points in first 8 games
2nd in playoffs points, MTkachuk leads with 13

he has upped his overall game as well, not just points
good job Barky!

he is my Panthers Conn Smyth candidate
He was great last playoffs too, his defensive game was incredible. I know people don't like to hear that, but it was a main reason they beat the Leafs. He completely shut Matthews down.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Calgary fans were convinced he was a product of Gaudreau and Lindholm, took all last year for that to go away. Chucky stirs his own drink, and is centered by another Flames reject that we were told couldn't play.

They were convinced they fleeced us on the deal. It wasn't considered a slam dunk at the time, but now, anyone would have done it? I dunno

It was considered this way by fans (Most Panthers fans were fine with the trade though). But most GMs would have made this trade I think.

That’s why we are only fans and they are GMs.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017

I don't know about Calgary fans but to me it was clear as day when the trade was made. I always saw Hubie as a Guentzel clone, partly carried by Barkov.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I don't know about Calgary fans but to me it was clear as day when the trade was made. I always saw Hubie as a Guentzel clone, partly carried by Barkov.
They almost never played together 5v5, same with Chucky, Barkov has boosted many players, but those two are not great examples for that idea.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad