TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
the whole tripping thing still makes me smile

but i think he made the saves when needed
and he deserves the start for sure

but i mean Reimer goes in next game or after that
unless Scrivens get's the shutouts

I wouldn't put Reimer against Penguins either but I would put him in against Islanders. Ease him in a little.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Scrivens should get the start as a reward for last game, plus he needs to keep his confidence up. If he lets in easy goals, loses the game or looks shaky like yesterday then give reimer the start next time.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Getting ahead of ourselves, but Pens burning Rags right now. 4-1 middle of second.

chased hanky out of net.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Scrivens should get the start as a reward for last game, plus he needs to keep his confidence up. If he lets in easy goals, loses the game or looks shaky like yesterday then give reimer the start next time.

I agree Scrivens should start he played decent and got us the win he gets a 2nd game IMO. Right now there is no clear #1 on this team and its not even close, let both guys battle it out to see if they can prove or fail themselves, thats how it should be done.

Mr Scarface*

Reimer will play tomorrow bank on it. They have decided it already but making the "statement" later.

Don't change the winning team though. Goalie is another thing if the road has already been made clear. lineup is another thing.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
we;ll prolly see our first loss....mother freaking miller.

I honestly dont know, I mean yes Millers elite. The thing was in years past we would use a "rush style" attack against him and he usually stops what he sees, we never really gave him any intenstiy in front. Under Carlye, I've noticed a lot more guys planting themselves in front and driving the net hard, it could pose a problem for Miller if hes in net next game.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Scrivens wins game, named first star and people want Reimer in?

What would that say about their philosophy of giving people starts that earned it.

Scrivens will be in.

masyo88*

Ott vs Brown
Kaletea vs Komo
Orr vs Scott

Komarov, pissing the hell out of everybody! Should be a really fun game and I hope our D is ready for it. Sabers looked good today.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Scrivens wins game, named first star and people want Reimer in?

What would that say about their philosophy of giving people starts that earned it.

Scrivens will be in.

To be fair, he didn't earn that 1st star. That's my opinion, though.

Either way, I'm sure Reimer gets one of the games against the Penguins or Islanders in that back-to-back.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I hope Orr doesn't fight John Scott. He'll lose and drop team morale.

Especially after last years concussion issues. The life of an enforcer in the NHL is a thankless task (even though they makea lot more then most of us). I have met a few well known retired fighters in my time. It's sad to be honest. Many of them are just average guys who were great players in their day but couldn't quite keep up as they got older. One coach puts them in that role, and that is their new destiny. most fans don't hear about the migraines, anxiety, depression and addictions that are all too common.

Scott is a monster.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Especially after last years concussion issues. The life of an enforcer in the NHL is a thankless task (even though they makea lot more then most of us). I have met a few well known retired fighters in my time. It's sad to be honest. Many of them are just average guys who were great players in their day but couldn't quite keep up as they got older. One coach puts them in that role, and that is their new destiny. most fans don't hear about the migraines, anxiety, depression and addictions that are all too common.

Scott is a monster.

I haven't found a fight video where he lost a fight so far. Orr would be up against it for sure. This guy made Parros look small. Best to let Komarov piss him off and chase him around the ice.

Philkessel

Sep 21, 2009
the whole tripping thing still makes me smile

but i think he made the saves when needed
and he deserves the start for sure

but i mean Reimer goes in next game or after that
unless Scrivens get's the shutouts

The times of wilson are gone you wont see carlyle doing stuff like this reimer will get a game if and when scrivens falters or when the schedule calls for it and it wont matter if someone gets a shutout the starter will go back in the next game. You can even switch the names if you want but the days of reimer getting a million chances are over I just wish wilson was fired soon enough before he ruined the monster.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
So, this is what I've got for you guys in our GDT:
TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Projected Lineup

19 Joffrey Lupul ("A") - 42 Tyler Bozak - 81 Phil Kessel
16 Clarke MacArthur ("A") - 84 Mikhail Grabovski - 41 Nikolai Kulemin
21 James van Riemsdyk - 43 Nazem Kadri - 47 Leo Komarov
18 Mike Brown - 11 Jay McClement - 28 Colton Orr

3 Dion Phaneuf ("C") - 53 Mike Kostka
24 John-Michael Liles - 4 Cody Franson
36 Carl Gunnarsson - 8 Mike Komisarek

30 Ben Scrivens
34 James Reimer

Lineup News & Notes

Jake Gardiner (concussion) remains on injured reserve, while Mark Fraser, Korbinian Holzer and David Steckel
were scratched in Saturday's 2-1 win over Montreal. Ben Scrivens is the favorite to start in goal for Toronto.

Weekly Transactions

Tim Connolly, Ryan Hamilton and Mike Mottau each cleared waivers last week, while Keith Aucoin was claimed by
the New York Islanders and first-round pick Morgan Rielly was returned to Moose Jaw (WHL). Toronto also traded
Matthew Lombardi to Phoenix for a 2014 fourth-round pick last Wednesday and then signed Joffrey Lupul to a five-
year contract extension yesterday.

According to the Stats

Toronto were 3-2-1 in six games versus Buffalo last season. Phil Kessel, with two goals and four assists, and Joey
Crabb, with two goals and five assists, were their leading scorers in the series.

Pop in and let me know if anything changes with your lineup... hoping for another wild one. Cheers.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
January 21st Pregame BUF vs TOR

Coming of a season opening win (2-1) against Montreal, the Leafs come home to the Air Canada Center for their home opener. At the other end of the rink will be another Northeastern division rival in the Buffalo Sabres. The Sabres are coming off a 5-2 win against the Philadelphia Flyers yesterday afternoon.

http://wewantacup.com/headlines/1182-january-21st-pregame-buf-vs-tor

leafs%20vs%20buffalo%202013.%202.jpg

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
So, this is what I've got for you guys in our GDT:

Pop in and let me know if anything changes with your lineup... hoping for another wild one. Cheers.

WOW the Leafs went 3-2-1 last year against the Sabres? Felt like you guys won every game.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Put Riemer in, Need Scrivens in net against Pittsburg, they would destroy Riemers confidence

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Worried this team is just going to run us over physically. Can't let Foligno, Kaleta, Ott have a field day on our defense.

This is the kind of game where Orr is going to have to prove his worth.

RC is the coach, the days of Ron Wilson and our team being *****slapped are over, obcourse there are a few that forget this, and question Orr's ice time. It's a trade off, but he looked better than I have seen him when he was out there in 4 years.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
I wouldn't put Reimer against Penguins either but I would put him in against Islanders. Ease him in a little.
here's the thing

Scrivens is a great player dont get me wrong
but he excels best against poorer teams

however against a top notch team like Boston
he got totally ripped apart...

we haven't seen a solid game from Ben against a top team
prove me wrong if am mistaken
Reimer on the other hand
has played and won against good teams... when Reim plays his best

just a food of thought

Status
Not open for further replies.