Confirmed with Link: Ryan Reaves for a 2025 5th Round Pick

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Oh I don't think he's changing his stripes :laugh:! Like I said, he's on my team now. He's my guy now.

Excited to see what chaos ensues. Hopefully he picks the right times to do it, and it doesn't go against us. That's pretty much the only thing that concerns me.

The last couple of years have had Hartman and Fiala on the team. Bad penalty timing is not a new thing for the Wild.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ahh Matt Cooke, another former teammate of GMBG.
Don't give him any ideas

Oh I don't think he's changing his stripes :laugh:! Like I said, he's on my team now. He's my guy now.

Excited to see what chaos ensues. Hopefully he picks the right times to do it, and it doesn't go against us. That's pretty much the only thing that concerns me.
There is no "right time" to deliver a cheap shot. That crap needs to be removed from the game completely.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
They will likely end up in the 10-20 pick range regardless.

People are getting so worked up over this trade, like a 5th round pick should return a skilled guy that can pot 20-30 goals a year :laugh: :help:
Literally nobody is mad about the 5th round pick and I for one have made that abundantly clear. At this point your choosing to ignore the entire argument.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Literally nobody is mad about the 5th round pick and I for one have made that abundantly clear. At this point your choosing to ignore the entire argument.
You’re mad the team is paying a 4th liner 800k more than some other 4th liner/AHLer. You do you I guess. I don’t view that as something to be mad about.

You’re also blatantly ignoring the people who are harping about how this doesn’t help our scoring. That’s what I’m poking at.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You’re mad the team is paying a 4th liner 800k more than some other 4th liner/AHLer. You do you I guess. I don’t view that as something to be mad about.

You’re also blatantly ignoring the people who are harping about how this doesn’t help our scoring. That’s what I’m poking at.
Harping that it doesn't help the scoring is just pointing out that a nothing trade for a scrub doesn't exactly address the team's real problems... which is true. This team didn't need a nothing trade for a scrub, it needs a real trade of substance for a center...

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

It's the same rhetoric with every move he makes. No one who's confused or disinterested in this trade cares about the 5th round pick, or paying a 4th liner 1.75M, you and I both know that, but they're all just straw man arguments.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's the same rhetoric with every move he makes. No one who's confused or disinterested in this trade cares about the 5th round pick, or paying a 4th liner 1.75M, you and I both know that, but they're all just straw man arguments.
So what exactly is the problem if you don't have a problem with paying the 5th round pick or paying a 4th liner $1.75M.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Harping that it doesn't help the scoring is just pointing out that a nothing trade for a scrub doesn't exactly address the team's real problems... which is true. This team didn't need a nothing trade for a scrub, it needs a real trade of substance for a center...
Reaves is a terrible dirty player that fixes literally none of the problems of this roster.
The team does lack physicality and I'd rather have Reaves going after someone than Foligno

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
As long as we can all agree that Reaves belongs in the press box outside of completely unprecedented times when four of our most physical players (Duhaime, Hartman, Foligno, Greenway) are all injured at the exact same time.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah, and that already changed before Reaves arrived. Our 4th line without him was just fine vs the Jets.
Still think it's fine. He's probably a pressbox guy if Duhaime and Hartman are healthy:

Kap-Steel-Zucc
Boldy-Hartman-Greenway
Duhaime-Eriksson Ek-Foligno
Shaw-Dewar-Petan/Reaves

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
As long as we can all agree that Reaves belongs in the press box outside of completely unprecedented times when four of our most physical players (Duhaime, Hartman, Foligno, Greenway) are all injured at the exact same time.
But does Dean-o agree?

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I'll take Reaves in the lineup over Petan (in the lineup today) and Rossi (pressbox today). He's the pressbox FWD for me if the FWDs are completely healthy.

Still think it's fine. He's probably a pressbox guy if Duhaime and Hartman are healthy:

Kap-Steel-Zucc
Boldy-Hartman-Greenway
Duhaime-Eriksson Ek-Foligno
Shaw-Dewar-Petan/Reaves

You forget Freddy G.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'll take Reaves in the lineup over Petan (in the lineup today) and Rossi (pressbox today). He's the pressbox FWD for me if the FWDs are completely healthy.

You forget Freddy G.
Even better!

Kap-Steel-Zucc
Boldy-Hartman-Greenway
Duhaime-Ek-Foligno
Shaw-Gaudreau-Dewar
Petan
Reaves

I actually think this forward group looks halfway decent outside of Steel at 1C. Petan and Reaves give situational flexibility.

But does Dean-o agree?
He makes odd choices for sure.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

You forget Freddy G.
Rossi shouldn't even be part of this discussion. He's not a "Reaves alternative." He should be in Iowa, then not called back unless we need someone in the top 6 and Rossi showed he's got his game back in order in the AHL

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Rossi shouldn't even be part of this discussion. He's not a "Reaves alternative." He should be in Iowa, then not called back unless we need someone in the top 6 and Rossi showed he's got his game back in order in the AHL
I'd say top 9, but agree on the rest.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Even better!

Kap-Steel-Zucc
Boldy-Hartman-Greenway
Duhaime-Ek-Foligno
Shaw-Gaudreau-Dewar
Petan
Reaves

I actually think this forward group looks halfway decent outside of Steel at 1C. Petan and Reaves give situational flexibility.

He makes odd choices for sure.
It’s still a lineup with only three top 6 quality players, skill-wise, no matter how you arrange the names.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad