Confirmed with Link: Ryan Reaves for a 2025 5th Round Pick

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
So we use the Tyson Jost cap space on a guy who literally does nothing useful except fight?

I guess Guerin thinks Deslauriers was the glue last year and this fixes everything.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Meh, should help to have an occasional face puncher in the lineup. Get Rossi back to Iowa and just rotate what we got

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
$1.75M for a fighter when we were BAILED out by Buffalo on Jost’s full $2M is why I’m annoyed. This is such a nothing move and fixes nothing that’s wrong with this team.
They gave up pretty much nothing in the process too. What would you trade a 5th round pick for that would help the team? The logical explanation for this is they are going to send Rossi down and Reaves will be the press box guy that comes in when we play teams that try to bully us.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I can’t be the only one who likes this. The team has no pulse and useful players like Foligno & Middleton can now let Reaves protect 97. It’s a 5th rounder in ‘25 so the downside is minimal.

Reaves is a huge locker room guy and the team needs a recalibration int he chemistry department and his swag might prove infectious to a team that severely lacks it.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
They gave up pretty much nothing in the process too. What would you trade a 5th round pick for that would help the team? The logical explanation for this is they are going to send Rossi down and Reaves will be the press box guy that comes in when we play teams that try to bully us.
It’s not the pick, it’s the money. We’re allegedly trying to add a top 6 forward, right?

Reactions: DingerMcSlapshot

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
$1.75M for a fighter when we were BAILED out by Buffalo on Jost’s full $2M is why I’m annoyed. This is such a nothing move and fixes nothing that’s wrong with this team.

I'm trying to think of why this makes sense to him. Looking at this, it's pretty obvious it's not gonna fix anything. And then I think, why do anything at all if the things you're gonna do aren't gonna fix the actual issues. The only answer I come up with is it keeps butts in seats by giving the appearance of trying to fix things.

Just another largely pointless and aimless move by a guy who has a habit of those types of moves.

It’s not the pick, it’s the money. We’re allegedly trying to add a top 6 forward, right?

This was Russo's speculation I think, and I think the key thing to remember is that it's Guerin/Evason's definition of a top six forward, not the standard consensus definition of a top six forward.

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
On the bright side, at least he didn't give up a 3rd like he did for Deslauriers.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
On the bright side, at least he didn't give up a 3rd like he did for Deslauriers.

On the dark side, teams usually weaponize their cap space to acquire extra assets from other teams who are looking to clear cap space for bigger moves. The Wild pay assets to help other teams clear cap space for bigger moves.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
According to CapFriendly, our trade deadline cap space is around $9.88M. Current accrued space is a hair under $3M.

Plus, we’ve got the Dumba trade to look forward too!

On the dark side, teams usually weaponize their cap space to acquire extra assets from other teams who are looking to clear cap space for bigger moves. The Wild pay assets to help other teams clear cap space for bigger moves.
5th rounder is hardly considered an asset. We also will have plenty of cap space come TDL time, when 90% of in-season trades are made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad