Confirmed with Link: Ryan Reaves for a 2025 5th Round Pick

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
It's been a good month so far.

Only few apart of Guerin mentioned the fact that Reaves is a lockerroom guy. If the current positive trend continues, this is something that people might want to re-evaluate. I'm thinking Guerin might have had a clue when he mentioned re-finding team identity.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Only few apart of Guerin mentioned the fact that Reaves is a lockerroom guy. If the current positive trend continues, this is something that people might want to re-evaluate. I'm thinking Guerin might have had a clue when he mentioned re-finding team identity.
I'll give you this.... I do believe Reaves is a guy that other players love on their team and their bench. However, I will never ever eeeevvvvvvveeeerrrr believe that translates into more than the smallest actual tangible benefit on ice other than fights and hit counts. Personally I'm still ambivalent to the trade. We gave up next to nothing for him and I don't think he hurts the team with his limited time on the ice... right now. When Duhaime and Hartman are back and, assuming, Guerin/Evason continues to play Reaves there will be some tough choices to be made. I'd rather see Dewar, Shaw, and Walker playing over Reaves and I'm assuming one of (if not two) won't be.

Reactions: Aurinko and MK9

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I'll give you this.... I do believe Reaves is a guy that other players love on their team and their bench. However, I will never ever eeeevvvvvvveeeerrrr believe that translates into more than the smallest actual tangible benefit on ice other than fights and hit counts. Personally I'm still ambivalent to the trade. We gave up next to nothing for him and I don't think he hurts the team with his limited time on the ice... right now. When Duhaime and Hartman are back and, assuming, Guerin/Evason continues to play Reaves there will be some tough choices to be made. I'd rather see Dewar, Shaw, and Walker playing over Reaves and I'm assuming one of (if not two) won't be.
I want to see those players as well more often, but it doesnt hurt over a long season for these guys to get some rest and games off, especially since Dewar and Shaw are both essentially rookies to the NHL, finding the right conditioning balance when you are going all out every shift like they do can be difficult, its nice having a guy that can rotate in when a physical presence is needed and not be a total black hole. His line has been effective and he hasn't been an active detriment when on the ice, Evason has even used him in end of game situations which I find terrifying but has worked ok so far. He is a big guy and a willing shot blocker, for the regular season, you cannot have enough of those guys in your system.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I don't read much into it.
-Just looking at the schedule the last 10 games I see a 6-2-2 record.
-MN got also Greenway back about the same time as they picked up Reaves. The way I see it is Greenway got Rossi/Jost out of the lineup; which is a huge upgrade.
-Reaves ends up being more of a lateral move with Duhaime (out injured).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad