Player Discussion Ryan McDonagh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
And I know I'm not the 1st to say this (although I am of the minority) this Rangers organization needs to excersize the options of trading him before his contract gets closer to being up. We cannot afford to "overpay" for yet another declining high profile player. If we weren't paying for Girardi and soon maybe Marc, then maybe we could, but we certainly cannot with all this dead money. Restock the cupboard. This is absolutely our LAST chance to win the cup with the remains of recent PO runs/players. Btw, who will be acting Captain tonight? Nash, Staal, Zuccha? Oh God I dislike our leadership group. Too quiet, except maybe Zuccha.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
He got hit last game in the corner with approx 12 minutes left. He was doubled over in pain and I knew something was absolutely wrong with him. I know some people on here have been saying shit isn't right for the entire season. A 27 year old Captain of a hockey team doesn't take at least 1 maintenance day a week without something radically wrong.

I will say this, kudo's to McD for trying to gut (no pun intended) it out. He's tough as nails. Even with that hit which may or may not have been the last straw, he didn't miss a shift. Trust me I saw the hit clearly and thought he may have been done.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought it was about his shoulder, but if we are talking about surgery here kind of injury - Ryan can be out for a long while.

I think they may be sugar coating this. Saying he is more day to day, but Mac looks like he was really hurting out there. We need him back, but 100 percent of course. I tell ya that "C" stands for cursed. lol.

Reactions: Ori

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Abdominal Muscle Strain

Description:

An abdominal strain occurs when the rectus abdominus is torn or ruptured. The abdominal muscles allow movement, assist with breathing, and provide support to the spine. They consist of the internal and external obliques, rectus abdominus, and the transversus abdominus. The transversus abdominus muscle is triangular and flat, and the rectus abdominus is long and flat. If the abdominal muscles become weak or tight, they can cause poor posture and back pain.

There are three types of abdominal muscle strain; grade 1, grade 2 and grade 3.

A grade 1 strain occurs when a few muscle fibres are torn;

a grade 2 strain occurs when the tears to the muscle fibres are more extensive;

and a grade 3 strain occurs when there is a complete rupture of the muscle

Any sport which involves a fast movement or sudden change in direction can cause abdominal muscle strain. Gymnasts, weight lifters, rowers, throwers are particularly susceptible to abdominal strain.

Abdominal Muscle Strain

Essentially,McDonagh has a tear in his abdominal muscle.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
What is the Recovery Period for Abdominal Muscle Tear?

The recovery period for Abdominal Muscle Tear or Strain depends on the severity of the strain. In cases of a first degree tear or strain of the abdominal muscle, the recovery time is usually three weeks before returning to normal activity. In cases of a second degree tear or strain of the abdominal muscle the recovery period is normally six to seven weeks before returning to normal activity. For the more severe third degree tear of the abdominal muscle the recovery period is much longer and may take up to four months before the individual can return to normal activity after having an Abdominal Muscle Tear or Strain.

Abdominal Muscle Tear|Causes|Symptoms|Treatment|Recovery|Exercise

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
And I know I'm not the 1st to say this (although I am of the minority) this Rangers organization needs to excersize the options of trading him before his contract gets closer to being up. We cannot afford to "overpay" for yet another declining high profile player. If we weren't paying for Girardi and soon maybe Marc, then maybe we could, but we certainly cannot with all this dead money. Restock the cupboard. This is absolutely our LAST chance to win the cup with the remains of recent PO runs/players. Btw, who will be acting Captain tonight? Nash, Staal, Zuccha? Oh God I dislike our leadership group. Too quiet, except maybe Zuccha.

There is no way to make a Cup run by trading McD. The D takes to big a hit on the defensive side.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So no Mac till possibly 3 weeks?

full

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The Rangers can cash on him quiet nicely if Gorton use his options, but he will probably end up being Rangers for rest of his career. If Sather was GM that is, and I understand him too with that old policy, because when some guys take discount contracts - it gives a better chances to compete for the cup.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Last night was brutal. His worst game in a while but he's had a couple good games before this so I'm not worried

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Has he really been that bad lately?

He was that bad last night.

He's had a really good season, though. He's one of our few players consistently driving play despite playing through injuries, having a hodgepodge of partners, and a coach that designs his team to get outplayed because he's a psychopath.

Rangers fans crap on him because they want him to "look" like he did in 2013-14. Nobody is going to look that way. We don't play that way anymore.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad