Player Discussion Ryan McDonagh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What a nerd

Yeah, I don't mind being called a nerd. I just think of stuff and then look up to see how random or rare it is. I just like posting this stuff. I am still proud of my research on Puempel, with him being the first players we claimed off waivers to score on hsi debut since Bernie Geoffrion in 1966 haha.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, I don't mind being called a nerd. I just think of stuff and then look up to see how random or rare it is. I just like posting this stuff. I am still proud of my research on Puempel, with him being the first players we claimed off waivers to score on hsi debut since Bernie Geoffrion in 1966 haha.

jokeoveryourhead.jpg~c200

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No one talking about this guy? He's a beast.

All about expectations. His bar to get praise is much higher than others. People don't accept good performances from him, they want him to be the best player on the ice every single game. Kind of unfair, considering he's been our best player this season and each of the last few seasons and no one is that good every game, but thats the bar thats been set for him.

Kovy274Hart

Jul 9, 2004
Shaolin
www.battleofny.com
No one talking about this guy? He's a beast.

I thought he was real quiet the first three. He needed to step it up. He's our best D and carries the load. The last 2 games, McDonagh has been tremendous. Obviously, the great keep leading to the Nash winner in Game 4. Plus the great shutdown D with Girardi. And in Game 5, Mac was everywhere. He dominated. He and G had good breakouts in overtime. McDonagh selling out for that big block. He doesn't miss a shift following the Gallagher high-stick. Girardi with that ferocious clean hit.

Without Mac playing big time, well you know. And that's the leadership.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
All about expectations. His bar to get praise is much higher than others. People don't accept good performances from him, they want him to be the best player on the ice every single game. Kind of unfair, considering he's been our best player this season and each of the last few seasons and no one is that good every game, but thats the bar thats been set for him.
thats very true that the expectations are sky high. He's such a workhouse it's amazing. Ferocious edge to his game. He is really a prototypical #1 defenseman. Does everything. It's even better watching him do it against the Habs.

Edit: yes workhouse thank you iphone

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
And especially after the beatings he has taken this series. He seems to just shake it off and continue with whatever he was doing. I don't think I have seen any D-man, aside from Karlsson, skate so much, play so many minutes, yet seem still so fresh on the ice

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
As long as they keep playing in the playoffs, I hope teams continue to keep going after him. Pissed off, engaged Mac is the best Mac. He looks like the Mac we all expect him to be.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I thought he was dominant in Game 4. Maybe the best player on the ice. Game 5 he was just as good.

Let's be real though - McDonagh was pretty crappy this season. Say whatever you want about his partners, etc, but he was just a personified brain fart most of the year. People have really, really short memories lol.

As for his physicality, McDonagh was one of the most physical defenseman in college hockey towards the end of his run in Wisconsin. Frequently stepped up at the blue line and made people pay. You see shades of it come out when he's pissed off, like last game.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I thought he was dominant in Game 4. Maybe the best player on the ice. Game 5 he was just as good.

Let's be real though - McDonagh was pretty crappy this season. Say whatever you want about his partners, etc, but he was just a personified brain fart most of the year. People have really, really short memories lol.

As for his physicality, McDonagh was one of the most physical defenseman in college hockey towards the end of his run in Wisconsin. Frequently stepped up at the blue line and made people pay. You see shades of it come out when he's pissed off, like last game.

I think you have a short memory also. He had a lot of good stretches this year. Was he as dominant as now? Obviously not but saying his season was A brain fart is just wrong IMO

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I find it hilarious when people say McDonagh had a bad season. He deservedly won the team's player of the year. What more do you want?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I find it hilarious when people say McDonagh had a bad season. He deservedly won the team's player of the year. What more do you want?

His production alone is reason enough to call it a good season. And he was playing the most minutes of anyone, every night. It sucks that Skjei and Smith go so well together, because I would love to see McD with Smith

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
thats very true that the expectations are sky high. He's such a workhouse it's amazing. Ferocious edge to his game. He is really a prototypical #1 defenseman. Does everything. It's even better watching him do it against the Habs.

Edit: yes workhouse thank you iphone
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad