Prospect Info: RW Myles Bell

NC107*

Give him a chance if he make the team good, if he doesn't make the team send him to Albany. It's Lou cheap steal nit wanting to win the cup with money.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
I live in Kelowna and watch the Rockets, Bell has a great shot and is big with decent talent but has zero speed and I mean none.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I'm actually of the opinion that the finisher is the position of any group of five skaters that needs the least speed. If he's coming behind some fast playmakers, they can work the d put of position and then drop it back to the trailer. Sounds like bell would be good at that

CMac17

Scaaaaaaar!
May 21, 2008
Fairport, NY
www.myspace.com
I'm actually of the opinion that the finisher is the position of any group of five skaters that needs the least speed. If he's coming behind some fast playmakers, they can work the d put of position and then drop it back to the trailer. Sounds like bell would be good at that

After watching the early Kovy attempts to be the finisher yet getting to the blue line 10 seconds before the rest of his line with 2-3 defenders in front of him, I am 100% on board with this.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I know nothing about what happened or if there are charges against him...but why would he not be in jail - was he too young, or other reason?

I dont understand this either, but I know nothing of Canadian law. In America that would be a charge of involuntary manslaughter and vehicular homicide all day long, with years of stay in prison. To say this kid is lucky, is an understatement - so hopefully he realizes it, and makes the most of the opportunity in life he's been given. It would sure be nice to see an Al Iafrate-like 102mph slapshot coming from the Devils blueline on the powerplay.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
I dont understand this either, but I know nothing of Canadian law. In America that would be a charge of involuntary manslaughter and vehicular homicide all day long, with years of stay in prison. To say this kid is lucky, is an understatement - so hopefully he realizes it, and makes the most of the opportunity in life he's been given. It would sure be nice to see an Al Iafrate-like 102mph slapshot coming from the Devils blueline on the powerplay.

According to the articles Ive read he was going 113 mph., intoxicated hit a dip in the road and his car flipped.He was ejected, his GF killed He was still 17.This isn't simply he made a mistake or the Heatley accident where he was legally under the limit. He should be in prison and for a very long time. Here is the law concerning DWI, DUI in Canada, How this kid isnt away is a joke.I will find it very difficult to ever root for him on the ice. I will admit as a Dad of a teenage girl I am not objective in this.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/DrivingIssues/20091103093929.html

Last edited:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
According to the articles Ive read he was going 113 mph., intoxicated hit a dip in the road and his car flipped.He was ejected, his GF killed He was still 17.This isn't simply he made a mistake or the Heatley accident where he was legally under the limit. He should be in prison and for a very long time. Here is the law concerning DWI, DUI in Canada, How this kid isnt away is a joke.I will find it very difficult to ever root for him on the ice. I will admit as a Dad of a teenage girl I am not objective in this.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/DrivingIssues/20091103093929.html
She made the choice to get into the car.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
She made the choice to get into the car.

Yes she was intoxicated too but in no way does that make him any less responsible for her death. She did not choose to drive 113 mph. Drivers have an inherent responsibility for the safty of those they drive.Even if she had lived he should have done time.. Driving a car drunk at over 100 mph is not much different than shooting a gun off in a crowd, I dont know what the civil law is in Canada but I hope her parents can attach a judgement to all his future earnings and get what little justice that would provide

Reactions: Nemec

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
it should have literally 0 effect on his hockey career going forward so whatever

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
I'm sure those articles tell you exactly what both were thinking at every minute throughout the night until the crash.

What they were thinking is really not relative to the facts of the accident. This is not a crime of passion or self defense where that argument would hold water. while committing one crime(driving while intoxicated) he was the proximate cause of a death. What happened before that and why she got into the car doesnt matter

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
it should have literally 0 effect on his hockey career going forward so whatever

It should have a huge effect on his career. It already has. He was ranked in the Top 50 and everyone passed on him. I doubt this kid givin this second chance will complain about having to work hard or if he gets benched like so many other of these kids do.. As much as i disagree with how the case was handled, I would like to think he'd always remember what happened and that will drive him ( no pun intended) the rest of his life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad