Prospect Info: RW Myles Bell

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
it was a tragic accident. however you feel about him as a person, lou decided to draft him as a hockey player. let's stick to talking about him in that sense now.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
what year did he switch to forward?

I know he put up 38 goals / 93 points in 69 games this past year. I'll guess that was the year, since the totals were so much more dramatic?

Do we think we'd ever use him on Defense again? Possibly the point.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
what year did he switch to forward?

I know he put up 38 goals / 93 points in 69 games this past year. I'll guess that was the year, since the totals were so much more dramatic?

Do we think we'd ever use him on Defense again? Possibly the point.

Ya, he was switched just this year. We might use his shot at the PP point, but otherwise I think it's smarter to just leave him as a forward.

Not true what so ever. It's a Royal Cheese. Which is weird because technically it doesn't come with cheese. So if you order a quarter pounder it doesn't have to come with cheese. Either way you watched pulp fiction to many times. Myles bell is about to turn 20 and has a wicked shot. He is tough and can handle himself. He's my dark horse to see some time up with the Devils this year, hopefully if he works on his skating over the summer.

:laugh: You signed up just to prove apice wrong on a Pulp Fiction quote? I like this guy already.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Not true what so ever. It's a Royal Cheese. Which is weird because technically it doesn't come with cheese. So if you order a quarter pounder it doesn't have to come with cheese.

This might be the greatest "First Post" in NJ Devils HFBoards history. I'm putting this guy on my "ones to watch list".

Myles bell is ........... my dark horse to see some time up with the Devils this year.

But then he says something totally cray-cray like this and forces me to dial-back my expectations. Or SHOULD it? :sarcasm:

Argentaliano

Jul 15, 2013
This might be the greatest "First Post" in NJ Devils HFBoards history. I'm putting this guy on my "ones to watch list".

But then he says something totally cray-cray like this and forces me to dial-back my expectations. Or SHOULD it? :sarcasm:

Devils fan from the start. I don't post much because I was to frustrated over at Fire & Ice. Talking to them sometimes is hard and I stopped for a while. I have been reading over hear for a few years and decided to once again start voicing my opinion. I'll get the avatar and tidy things up shortly. Besides that I look forward to many conversations about my passions, Ice Hockey and The New Jersey Devils.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
It's prudent to think that Bell would spend the year in the AHL but given that Bell was an overager this year and his production as well as his NHL ready frame it's not so far fetched that he could be a call up at some point during the year....if he produces in the minors. Someone above mentioned his skating needing to improve but I have read that his skating is a strength so we'll see.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
ANYWAY... Very intrigued by this player considering the praise that has been thrown around. There are way too many forwards on this team as it is so I'm not sure he'll get a shot in NJ this year... but I have a hunch Albany is going to be exciting to watch this year.

Argentaliano

Jul 15, 2013
Good point ITcompton. I heard his all around skating needed to improve, he's fast up and down. You nailed it on the NHL ready frame he's listed at about 6'0 210 and can play physical and definitely knows how to drop the gloves.

freewillig

Sep 6, 2006
ANYWAY... Very intrigued by this player considering the praise that has been thrown around. There are way too many forwards on this team as it is so I'm not sure he'll get a shot in NJ this year... but I have a hunch Albany is going to be exciting to watch this year.

Every team has a lot of forwards; the difference being the quality of the forwards and there is where the Devils are lacking a bit. Bell can probably fit in on any line and that's why he probably gets a shot at some point this year. It's truly amazing to me that this guy goes from a first round pick to a complete after-thought. If he was a football player, his bad boy stuff would have made him a hot commodity for half the NFL teams. Nice to see him putting his life back together.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
BUMP.

Is it expected that this guy will sign a contract and play in the AHL or ECHL this coming season? Kelowna is set to be a powerhouse, even more so if he returns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad