Prospect Info: RW Myles Bell

kiwidevil

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 7h

And Myles Bell, the 160th pick in draft, is giving the Devils a shot. At 17 his slap shot was clocked at 98 mph. He's a converted D now a fd

Boom!!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
time will tell, but I feel like he could be a bigtime steal for us

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Put this kid and Gelinas together on the Albany PP and the opposing goalies will be lobbying for hazard pay. Wicked shot.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
you guys will love bell, if it wasnt for his accident/charges he woudl have been a top 40 pick in the draft 2 years ago as a defenceman. excellent skater, thick bodied and plays tough. great stick skills and nose for the net.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So this kid is going to be in the AHL in 13/14? Tons of interesting players down there this year. I might need to get up there for a game or two.

Really like this pick. But the tragedy is something he will have to continue to deal with. Hopefully he is able to handle it in as positive a way as possible.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
So this kid is going to be in the AHL in 13/14? Tons of interesting players down there this year. I might need to get up there for a game or two.

Really like this pick. But the tragedy is something he will have to continue to deal with. Hopefully he is able to handle it in as positive a way as possible.

Ya, Bell is AHL eligible so I will guess he's playing in Albany.

sbresistor

Jul 25, 2007
I know nothing about what happened or if there are charges against him...but why would he not be in jail - was he too young, or other reason?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Bell got two years of probation iirc.

I think its just something to put behind us and be glad we got a steal player with a low pick, whatever the circumstances

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I like this draft at but I wish we could of drafted Subban I think he's gonna be a player in this league. Won't as good as his bro but, a Zidlicky in his prime type like player might not be a stretch. Not the Devil's version of Zidlicky(even though I think he's been better than what a lot of you guys have thought he's played like here) However, I will be pissed if he turns out to be an above average offensive defensman in this league when we could have had em.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I like this draft at but I wish we could of drafted Subban I think he's gonna be a player in this league. Won't as good as his bro but, a Zidlicky in his prime type like player might not be a stretch. Not the Devil's version of Zidlicky(even though I think he's been better than what a lot of you guys have thought he's played like here) However, I will be pissed if he turns out to be an above average offensive defensman in this league when we could have had em.

Possible that Bell turns out to be a better pro than Subban.

RonTugnutt

Kesler is washed up
Sep 5, 2011
Only two players I have seen play for Kelowna with a better shot than Bell was Jamie Benn and Shea Weber.

This pick is going to turn into a steal IMO

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Draft all your D from Kelowna it's a D factory

So many d-men they move the extra's to fwd, who then have huge offensive years.

Really like the late picks the last couple years. Between Bell and Gavrus I think we have 2 very interesting offensive prospects.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
So many d-men they move the extra's to fwd, who then have huge offensive years.

Really like the late picks the last couple years. Between Bell and Gavrus I think we have 2 very interesting offensive prospects.
Gavrus had a down year. His stock has dropped.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Gavrus had a down year. His stock has dropped.

Maybe his ppg stats were down in his relatively short reg season stint in the OHL(after coming in late season). But his playoff stats were pretty good. And this was after what looked like very good production in Belarus(though I don't really know what's good in those leagues). He also lit up the WJC U20, with 5 goals 5 assists in 10 games, a +7 while wearing the C

And maybe the biggest thing, no concussions, which I thought was a big reason he dropped in the first place.

For a 6th rnd pick, I'm liking what I'm seeing here.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think it was a shrewd move to take a chance on Bell. He certainly has the skill, and I think the Devils are a good organisation for him to stay out of trouble.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Maybe his ppg stats were down in his relatively short reg season stint in the OHL(after coming in late season). But his playoff stats were pretty good. And this was after what looked like very good production in Belarus(though I don't really know what's good in those leagues). He also lit up the WJC U20, with 5 goals 5 assists in 10 games, a +7 while wearing the C

And maybe the biggest thing, no concussions, which I thought was a big reason he dropped in the first place.

For a 6th rnd pick, I'm liking what I'm seeing here.

Mark it down. Gavrus will never be a Devil. He will play pro hockey on Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad