Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
We need our top 2 lines to be a lot better than they were last series. Thought Kakko's line was our best 5v5 line all 4 games.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
This is going to be a tough series but we knew it was inevitable. Personally, I'd go Rangers in 7 with a gun to my head but could certainly make a case for the Canes.

I'll leave this graphic for everyone to compare to the Rangers current forward group:

View attachment 862806
Jack Drury centering line 2? Uh, ok i guess? Kuznetsov is a corpse on their 4th line too. We matchup well with them

Reactions: CLW and HolyHagelin

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We need our top 2 lines to be a lot better than they were last series. Thought Kakko's line was our best 5v5 line all 4 games.

Thought the refs made the 5v5 play very disjointed against the Caps. It effected Panarin and Lafreniere most. I think they'll have more space out there against a less physical team, and I think Trocheck is going to be highly motivated against his old team.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
If you think their forward group measures up to ours, you're out of your mind and need to look a little harder.
They have a very good forward group. If you think ours is better, that's fair, but the Canes are deep and it's close.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
See it's the comments like these that get me.

It's one thing to say the Rangers are better. To say Carolina doesn't measure is ridiculous. They're a good team.
Who said they weren't a good team? I'm sorry but a team with f***ing Jack Drury on the 2nd line isn't really screaming out dangerous to me.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Rangers need to play physical, cant play wide open trading chances. Protect the front of the net better. Hopefully the refs arent as bad as round 1, but cant take dumb penalties.

Also f*** the entire south I hope Rempe Shermans the shit out of them.

Don’t worry Seth Jarvis still has PTSD from that last game 7 we played. And now, we have the Remper too.

Reactions: Captain Monglobster

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
They have a very good forward group. If you think ours is better, that's fair, but the Canes are deep and it's close.
Never said they aren't deep, i think were better. Sorry for having confidence in the team and not thinking they will lose every series.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Who said they weren't a good team? I'm sorry but a team with f***ing Jack Drury on the 2nd line isn't really screaming out dangerous to me.
You said they didn't measure to us. Who the f*** do you think we are?

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
Never said they aren't deep, i think were better. Sorry for having confidence in the team and not thinking they will lose every series.
My prediction is Rangers in 7.

The issue I have is you're comments come off as if you think the Canes are a 2nd rate team. Maybe that's not your intention but that's how it looks.

I absolutely hate the Canes and would like nothing better than to steamroll them in 4 games but that's just not realistic.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
If you think their forward group measures up to ours, you're out of your mind and need to look a little harder.

Seems like there are more NYR fans on the main board than the actual NYR board. Some awful opinions here, brutal

I agree. I have a lot of Islanders fans in my life and they despise Rangers fans on social media for how they act like the team isnt good. Its a very odd sect of the fanbase that clearly has PTSD from the Dark Ages/never getting over the hump with Henrik. I get it to some extent but its such a downer and a drag

Reactions: Captain Monglobster

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
My prediction is Rangers in 7.

The issue I have is you're comments come off as if you think the Canes are a 2nd rate team. Maybe that's not your intention but that's how it looks.

I absolutely hate the Canes and would like nothing better than to steamroll them in 4 games but that's just not realistic.
I'm a fan, i can think what i want and it has no effect on the game. Carolina is good but i think were better and i have confidence that we beat these guys again. Is that ok?

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
I'm a little hopeful that Trouba gets healthier from whatever the heck injury and shows his old form.Him getting physical again would be a huge plus.

Reactions: egelband

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
I agree. I have a lot of Islanders fans in my life and they despise Rangers fans on social media for how they act like the team isnt good. Its a very odd sect of the fanbase that clearly has PTSD from the Dark Ages/never getting over the hump with Henrik. I get it to some extent but its such a downer and a drag
Every team is better than ours. When we win, we won too ugly or a chart says we should have lost because this guy skated this way or wore his lucky skates, our defense sucks, 1 good one on a 55 win team. 5 on 5 is shit on a 55 win team. Fans are saying this. Gets really old

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
Thought the refs made the 5v5 play very disjointed against the Caps. It effected Panarin and Lafreniere most. I think they'll have more space out there against a less physical team, and I think Trocheck is going to be highly motivated against his old team.
I think Panarin is going to be highly motivated against russian guys.

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

You talk about "knowing you enemy" like we dont know exactly who the Canes are lol, they have not changed in years. This is their last stand as an organization. Look at their UFA list and Rod is also a free agent who will probably get an offer he cant refuse from Ronny Francis in Seattle. They don't pay anyone (Aho needed an offersheet to get an extension). Massive pressure on the "Cup Favorites" to beat us. The roster comparison is marginal at worst, with us having much more top end talent and them having slightly more depth. I love the position we are in.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
You talk about "knowing you enemy" like we dont know exactly who the Canes are lol, they have not changed in years. This is their last stand as an organization. Look at their UFA list and Rod is also a free agent who will probably get an offer he cant refuse from Ronny Francis in Seattle. They don't pay anyone (Aho needed an offersheet to get an extension). Massive pressure on the "Cup Favorites" to beat us. The roster comparison is marginal at worst, with us having much more top end talent and them having slightly more depth. I love the position we are in.
Don't even try. Were forfeiting after game 1 so it doesn't matter. Trade the whole team for 1sts and 18 year olds so we can rebuild "the right way" and maybe in 2038-2040 we can compete

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't have trauma or stress.

I have several disorders but that's unrelated.

I have never been more prepared. I could not be less nervous about this series.

I know who both teams are and I know how both teams would win if they did. It could go either way.

We can have an honest discussion about the series or we could just say nice things about the Rangers. That's up to you.
I don't care where they are. This is not the Devils or the Capitals. The Hurricanes are barely a booger up my nose. I care about the next seven games.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I want to see the Rangers D join the rush more to create odd man situations 5 on 5. With that said, I want more forwards to get back and help the D. There was a lot of coasting last series from certain forwards. Finally, I hope they are practicing breakouts from their zone because the Canes will be putting on a lot of forecheck pressure.

I think this will be a close series but I think the Rangers will win in 6 if the Rangers can handle the forecheck pressure.

Reactions: CLW and HolyHagelin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad