RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I sure hope he makes that goal, that dude could have held that for another freakin' few seconds. Where was the D?

Not taking away that beauty of a shot though, that guy's got a career with that kind of a wrister.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I sure hope he makes that goal, that dude could have held that for another freakin' few seconds. Where was the D?

Not taking away that beauty of a shot though, that guy's got a career with that kind of a wrister.

The D probably were chasing the puck, not great to just leave Pettersson all alone in the slot.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Another point for pettersson today. Time to make this thread going again.

Elias is better than hischier.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles

I have heard this countless times in this thread. “Where were the D?” “What was the defenseman doing there?” “Why was Pettersson able to walk the D so easily?”

Most goals, in almost any competitive league, are scored because of defensive lapses/mistakes and the opposing player is talented enough to capitalize. I’ve heard so many times that Ovechkin can be easily shut down, if you guard him and ensure he doesn’t get a shot off. And, yet, he continues to find open space and make fans wonder how the defence could’ve made such an egregious error. But that’s what elite talent does. People will be saying the same thing about Petterson when he’s in the NHL because, no matter what the league, elite players make even good defensemen look silly.

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Beauty OT goal to clinch a spot in the finals, kid's got ice in his veins.

Reactions: JFG

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
? If Canucks finished 2nd in draft where they finished in regular season they Probably would of chosen Patrick
Linden said they wouldn't have picked Patrick. They had Makar as their top choice but once Colorado took them, they went with their second option, Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad