RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
he played a very physical game today apparently. Never scrappy chippy game and he was up for it.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Has a rookie ever won the Swedish elite league scoring title before ? Why do I get the feeling this guy is going to be a superstar

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I'm gonna take a prediction and say he scores 31 goals and has 32 assists in his first nhl season. Might be a little extreme, but just my thought.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I'm gonna take a prediction and say he scores 31 goals and has 32 assists in his first nhl season. Might be a little extreme, but just my thought.
Not at all. Quite reasonable to me. Keller is on pace for 60 points this season without much supporting cast in ARi and Pettersson is just as skilled as Keller so it's definitely doable.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I can definitely see that happening if he plays with Boeser. Might even have more assists.

But then again, I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves.

Reactions: IComeInPeace

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Wow that really was a snipe!
It almost looked like he was still pulling it around the defender while simultaneously starting his release.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I don't get how anyone who watches him play can think that his skills won't translate over to NHL. Sure he may not be a 90 point forward like SOME people are suggesting... but if you actually watch him through a game and see how many chances he creates, even if they don't end up as goals... His stats actually DO reflect how good he is. It's not like he's riding shotgun with good players, given only offensive starts, or just having a lucky year where he's standing in the right places to pick up points. No. he's actually creating chances and capitalizing. That will translate no matter how much he weighs or how small the ice is.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I don't get how anyone who watches him play can think that his skills won't translate over to NHL. Sure he may not be a 90 point forward like SOME people are suggesting... but if you actually watch him through a game and see how many chances he creates, even if they don't end up as goals... His stats actually DO reflect how good he is. It's not like he's riding shotgun with good players, given only offensive starts, or just having a lucky year where he's standing in the right places to pick up points. No. he's actually creating chances and capitalizing. That will translate no matter how much he weighs or how small the ice is.
He's my pick for the Calder next year. Over Dahlin and Svechnikov.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I don't get how anyone who watches him play can think that his skills won't translate over to NHL. Sure he may not be a 90 point forward like SOME people are suggesting...

I checked out Forsberg, Naslund, the twins and Backstrom since they are the most comparable to Pettersson as U20's. Each of those five guys had at least 4 NHL seasons where they played 70+ games and had points-per-game higher than their best SHL season. Pettersson averaged 1.27 this season which would be 90 points in 71 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->