RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pomx

May 15, 2014
That OT goal is crazy! He has put highlight after highlight reel goals all season. There’s a reason he’s the number 1 prospect not in the NHL. Future is bright !

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I be shocked if he doesnt put up over 90p in nhl one day
I also expect him to put up big numbers in his prime but that might still take a few years due to him currently having zero NA experience and he is also quite skinny which could mean some struggle at first. But sure with his IQ and skillset, there is a good chance he won't have big problems adjusting.

I'm just saying if Pettersson doesn't put up good numbers next year in NHL, you will have some explaining to do for some people because you've been quite vocal about how he is already better than Hischier and what not.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
I also expect him to put up big numbers in his prime but that might still take a few years due to him currently having zero NA experience and he is also quite skinny which could mean some struggle at first. But sure with his IQ and skillset, there is a good chance he won't have big problems adjusting.

I'm just saying if Pettersson doesn't put up good numbers next year in NHL, you will have some explaining to do for some people because you've been quite vocal about how he is already better than Hischier and what not.
I said one day and not next year

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008

I wouldn't be too surprised if Pettersson puts up some pretty special numbers next year even with his slight of frame.

I only say this because he'll most likely be slotted in on the wing with Horvat and Boeser. Both those guys have the ability to do the hard work on the boards and the talent to create space. If he plays with them I can see him putting up some solid numbers simply because he has so much talent even though he is still young and skinny AF.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
I wouldn't be too surprised if Pettersson puts up some pretty special numbers next year even with his slight of frame.

I only say this because he'll most likely be slotted in on the wing with Horvat and Boeser. Both those guys have the ability to do the hard work on the boards and the talent to create space. If he plays with them I can see him putting up some solid numbers simply because he has so much talent even though he is still young and skinny AF.
In theory that would be the perfect line. An elite playmaker/puck carrier in Pettersson, an elite sniper in Boeser, and Horvat as the hard forechecking/backchecking gritty drive the net guy.
However, I'd prefer Pettersson to play center so we can eventually get Horvat to 2C. Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser would be a good line in a few years.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
In theory that would be the perfect line. An elite playmaker/puck carrier in Pettersson, an elite sniper in Boeser, and Horvat as the hard forechecking/backchecking gritty drive the net guy.
However, I'd prefer Pettersson to play center so we can eventually get Horvat to 2C. Dahlen-Pettersson-Boeser would be a good line in a few years.

Ideally Pettersson ends up a center but I highly doubt that would happen for quite a few years until Pettersson has gotten strong enough

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Very Nice Goal

Must young kids would have let it rip without even looking.

He received the pass, lifted his head, found he didn't have a shot and just showed great patience you dont usually see for a rookie in a mens league.

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
I'll be the first to admit I was cheesed when we didn't take Glass. My God am I happy now, what patience and hockey sense this kid has. Just amazing to see the vision and patience he has already

Reactions: Index

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah it go either way in his very first season in the NHL.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
No pressure but you’re gonna have to be our saviour, Elias.

As much as we would love this we all know it won’t happen because we never have and likely never will.

I hope you're wrong. I really hope Dahlin goes to a team with some talented players, preferably in the WC.

I'd hate to see him go to a trainwreck like Montreal, who are devoid of offensive talent.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Really ? Did karlsson have any support with the sens back then.. on montreal he would have all the space and a monster mentor in weber to do all the things he want.. cant we have a bit of succes to ? I mean , i live in Mtl and the past decade has been awfull to be a mtl a fan.. my favorite player got traded and we have never had any kind of offensive supestar except for kovalev ? And thats 10 years ago .. were due for something nice .. jeez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad