RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
The most interesting part of Elias season is just about to begin. Växjö is a juggernaught this year but the playoffs is a completely different animal. If he is as effective in the POs' as in the regular season, in my opinion, it should put to rest the size issue. His NHL projections is sky high at that point.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Impressive by Elias, not taking it away from him. But as a friend of mine noted - they didnt count secondary assists when Nilsson got his record ;)

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Impressive by Elias, not taking it away from him. But as a friend of mine noted - they didnt count secondary assists when Nilsson got his record ;)
What would Elias point totals be if secondary assists were to be subtracted?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Even if you wouldn't of seen a single game this season, weather it was champions league
world juniors or the SHL, you would of still understood how frigging good he is,
by just looking at his stats this season (combined) in 61 games (so far),
34g+37a=71pts +29 (1.16 ppg) as a 19 year old, barely 19 year old (bd: November 12th)

Play-Offs still at hand.

- record braking numbers -

Of the two most hyped Swedish players here,
i'd bet all my money on this horse, rather than on the other one.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Even if you wouldn't of seen a single game this season, weather it was champions league
world juniors or the SHL, you would of still understood how frigging good he is,
by just looking at his stats this season (combined) in 61 games (so far),
34g+37a=71pts +29 (1.16 ppg) as a 19 year old, barely 19 year old (bd: November 12th)

Play-Offs still at hand.

- record braking numbers -

Of the two most hyped Swedish players here,
i'd bet all my money on this horse, rather than on the other one.
You would bet your money on Elias instead of Dahlin?...

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Pettersson has put up amazing numbers at every level he's played. Last year he was Point per game in allsvensken, which is actually extremely hard to do during your draft year. How he managed to put up MORE points 1 year later in the SHL I'll never know

Reactions: 21

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
You would bet your money on Elias instead of Dahlin?...

This is just my opinion, i hope you respect it, like i would yours.

I'm going on a limb here, your money is on Dahlin, right?
I suppose, that is the majority opinion, but i just see it differently,
ive seen lots of great stuff from Dahlin, however...much more from Elias.

Yeah sure, you can't compare them 1 to 1, because other is forward
and the other d-man, but you can by how good one is as d-man
and how good one is as forward and in my opinion, Elias
is going to have a better career in the NHL as a forward, what
Dahlin going to have as a d-man.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
After the disappointment of falling in the draft lottery once again, it almost feels like we ended up winning the lottery. Not that he ends up being the best player in the draft, but it looks like he could have a good shot at number two.
Something to look forward to next year after another bleak season. Now hopefully Van gets some draft luck this year!

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
This is just my opinion, i hope you respect it, like i would yours.

I'm going on a limb here, your money is on Dahlin, right?
I suppose, that is the majority opinion, but i just see it differently,
ive seen lots of great stuff from Dahlin, however...much more from Elias.

Yeah sure, you can't compare them 1 to 1, because other is forward
and the other d-man, but you can by how good one is as d-man
and how good one is as forward and in my opinion, Elias
is going to have a better career in the NHL as a forward, what
Dahlin going to have as a d-man.
I respect your opinion but me, and the hockey world, disagrees. I bet DDR Swede and EliasPetersson on this site are on your side, though

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Why is everyone making a big deal about his weight? Kucherov is (generously) 178 lbs. Brayden Point is listed at 166 pounds. Has Patrick Kane ever been listed over 180?

It's a different league - small guys can put up a lot of points in this league, and be effective defenders as well.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
I respect your opinion but me, and the hockey world, disagrees. I bet DDR Swede and EliasPetersson on this site are on your side, though

Which you seem to need to tell us why he won't be good or that he is over rated on every page? I mean that's some good dedication.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
The most interesting part of Elias season is just about to begin. Växjö is a juggernaught this year but the playoffs is a completely different animal. If he is as effective in the POs' as in the regular season, in my opinion, it should put to rest the size issue. His NHL projections is sky high at that point.

"His NHL projections is sky high at that point"

Oh.. at that point it's sky high. Breaking a 43 year old record isn't enough.

Last edited:

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Which you seem to need to tell us why he won't be good or that he is over rated on every page? I mean that's some good dedication.
Have I? No, youre overreacting. When did I say that he wont be good? Is it wrong of my to say that I disagree with someone that ranks Pettersson above the best D prospect in 20+ years? Oh you nucks fans

Reactions: SuperGM17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->