RW Alexander Nylander (2016, 8th, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Isn`t this also what Zacha did. He was on loan which made Vitkovice an option this year if he didn`t sign with Devils.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
1+2 today, solid overall player.

Two Nylanders at WJC?

I certainly thought he did very well this afternoon. Tried to do a bit too much all by himself at times but has also shown the ability to make quick passes and to find players open. Has good speed and hands too and looks dangerous on the PP. Can slow done the game or go really fast as well. That was my first viewing only but I feel he has to learn when he should try to do it by himself or when he should slow down and wait for his teammates and make a play for them.

Anyway, from what I've seen he's a surefire first rounder, probably first half of the 1st round.

WJC? I guess he'll be making his case.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
1+2 today, solid overall player.

Two Nylanders at WJC?

Would be fun but I'd give it roughly zero percent chance of happening. William is a lock of course, but he may not be available. Alex is good enough to play in an offensive role, but so was William in his draft year and he wasn't even invited to camp. Grönborg likes his older guys. Alex's chances will also decrease dramatically if William is on the team.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
hows he looked folks??

Currently tied for 2nd in OHL scoring with Tkachuk. He's been a very dangerous offensive threat but still tries to do a lot himself. I know the Steelheads aren't a team oozing with offensive talent and NHL drafted players but he needs to use his teammates more. He could benefit from shooting more on the power play when set up in the "Stamkos" spot on the half wall.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
He had a solid game tonight. I'm really impressed with his vision and finding the soft spots. He had 2 goals tonight. 1st one was the above video and the 2nd one was a gift from Mcleod. Looks like a top 10 pick to me.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Good enough for the WJC team?

Based on talent alone he should make it but this really is a tournament of 19 year olds and most likely he will get bypassed for an older player. Even if he appears to be better than players that make the team, his skillset might be redundant and he will still get cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad