RW Alexander Nylander (2016, 8th, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwaguy*

It's an extremely backhanded complement that's all.

You always talk about how W Nylander is a very good prospect but all you do is throw backhanded complements to him and talk about how you wouldn't be surprised if literally every single prospect was better than him.

I think they have very similar ceilings. Would love to have him on the team but looks like he will go to low for our 1st pick and too low for our 2nd pick.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

You always talk about how W Nylander is a very good prospect but all you do is throw backhanded complements to him and talk about how you wouldn't be surprised if literally every single prospect was better than him.

I think they have very similar ceilings. Would love to have him on the team but looks like he will go to low for our 1st pick and too low for our 2nd pick.

I think that post was directed at me, If you want me to respond I will. I don't know why, but everyday since I started posting on the Main board. There is a tendency of Leafs posters that are not happy unless we all agree William is as good as a Mcdavid comparable prospect. I am only being slightly facetious.

But as you can see from various threads by now on the mainboard, when you do this, it actually causes a backlash on William Nylander.

When you compliment Alexander, who else is there a more natural comparable. William ofcourse. It is ultimately deemed a slight on William.

Usually you get this reaction on the Leafs board, but here on the mainboard. You get the same few Leafs fans jumping over you to anything they deem as a slight on one of their prospects.

Leafs have a huge following, their prospects get a lot of attention. So I get it. But as I say again, this was more of a statement on Alex Nylander being a great prospect. Not sure why it would be deemed as a negative post by some.

Shwaguy*

I think that post was directed at me, If you want me to respond I will. I don't know why, but everyday since I started posting on the Main board. There is a tendency of Leafs posters that are not happy unless we all agree William is as good as a Mcdavid comparable prospect. I am only being slightly facetious.

But as you can see from various threads by now on the mainboard, when you do this, it actually causes a backlash on William Nylander.

When you compliment Alexander, who else is there a more natural comparable. William ofcourse. It is ultimately deemed a slight on William.

Usually you get this reaction on the Leafs board, but here on the mainboard. You get the same few Leafs fans jumping over you to anything they deem as a slight on one of their prospects.

Leafs have a huge following, their prospects get a lot of attention. So I get it. But as I say again, this was more of a statement on Alex Nylander being a great prospect. Not sure why it would be deemed as a negative post by some.

No I actually do get your point with A Nylander. But the reason posters jump on you is your delivery is usually poor.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hopefully people will claim he has attitude issues like his brother and he'll fall to the Pens pick, and the Leafs will get a downright steal again.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

Personally I think he'll be right in our range (5-10) barring a draft lottery miracle.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would be fun to get Nylander and see Nylander vs Nylander battle for years, both seem to be helluva prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Excited to see what Alex, Day and the McLeod's can do vs the Knights tonight. Steelheads have a very interesting team this year.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Excited to see what Alex, Day and the McLeod's can do vs the Knights tonight. Steelheads have a very interesting team this year.

Steelheads don't play tonight, London plays Oshawa. Missy vs London is Sunday.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Steelheads don't play tonight, London plays Oshawa. Missy vs London is Sunday.
ooops, saw someone mention Knights vs Steelheads and thought it was tonight. Either way watching Marner tonight. Excited to catch them on sunday.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Well Alex went off tonight 3 goals and an assist. Michael McLeod looking good and his brother is stepping up. The 2pm game vs London is going to get viewing time over NFL, which never happens in this household.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Alexander Nylander is a different player than William from what I have seen of him. It is not a bad thing to be different players. I think he will be a player whose game will translate well to the NHL.

Regardless, I am going to the Mississauga/London game on Sunday. I may have more thoughts then.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
If the leafs keep this play up and finish 9th-16th, I expect them to take Alex with their first, and then a Dman with Pitts first (maybe Day if he slides into the later first round).

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looking forward to seeing Alexander live today against the Knights. It's a challenging match up for him most likely against the Dvorak, Marner, and Tkachuk line. This will be an early test for Nylander.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Bostons misses the top5 Nylander/McLeod are starting to intrest me more and more, wouldn't say no to drafting both :laugh:

Pasta-Nylander-Seny would be a nice Rw trio.
+Nylander vs Nylander would be fun to watch.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
My thoughts on Alexander Nylander after seeing him up live in today's game.

First off I think the natural inclination is to think he plays like his older brother William. But other than the name on the back of the jersey being the same. As I mentioned earlier they are different players.

Alexander is taller and bigger his draft year. The one thing I noticed about him in his draft year that he does better than William He moves the puck faster. He does not overhandle the puck, and he is great at finding the right passing option. You can see he has great instincts on the ice. He skates fluidly and is strong on his skates. His shot is already NHL caliber.

I liked him this game. He would probably benefit with playing with better talent. At times I felt he was playing with lesser linemates. Not a knock to Mcleod who has some jam to his game. But noticed he was open quite a bit if he had a Center that could feed him the puck.

It's easy to see his game will really translate well to the NHL. Definitely high pick caliber.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
If Bostons misses the top5 Nylander/McLeod are starting to intrest me more and more, wouldn't say no to drafting both :laugh:

Pasta-Nylander-Seny would be a nice Rw trio.
+Nylander vs Nylander would be fun to watch.

You expect the Bs to be in the bottom 10? Much more likely they grab one of the WC spots

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
My thoughts on Alexander Nylander after seeing him up live in today's game.

First off I think the natural inclination is to think he plays like his older brother William. But other than the name on the back of the jersey being the same. As I mentioned earlier they are different players.

Alexander is taller and bigger his draft year. The one thing I noticed about him in his draft year that he does better than William He moves the puck faster. He does not overhandle the puck, and he is great at finding the right passing option. You can see he has great instincts on the ice. He skates fluidly and is strong on his skates. His shot is already NHL caliber.

I liked him this game. He would probably benefit with playing with better talent. At times I felt he was playing with lesser linemates. Not a knock to Mcleod who has some jam to his game. But noticed he was open quite a bit if he had a Center that could feed him the puck.

It's easy to see his game will really translate well to the NHL. Definitely high pick caliber.

That's incorrect. Mcleod is just as good as Nylander just with different strengths and weaknesses and Bastian is a late 1st to mid 2nd talent in his own right. They form 1 of the best lines in the CHL.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That's incorrect. Mcleod is just as good as Nylander just with different strengths and weaknesses and Bastian is a late 1st to mid 2nd talent in his own right. They form 1 of the best lines in the CHL.

That was my opinion so I don't know how it can be incorrect. You probably mean you disagree.

Let me explain. I know where Mcleod is rated, so I kind of expected someone to comment on that. Bear in mind both are 17 year olds. My observations were watching this game live. Alexander looked like he was on another level than Mcleod and Bastian. They are a good line that can be an even better line once the other 2 catch up to Nylander.

This was what I meant. Once they do, I think you will see Nylander play even better, which will also help Mcleod's stock and thus both their stocks.

Steelheads are a Young team that we have not seen the best of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad