RW Alexander Nylander (2016, 8th, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHLfollower

Sep 16, 2013
Yeah and 16 months to draft. He's fine, not ahead nor behind the physical curve.

Anyone think he makes the U18 WC?

He should make it, unless comes up like an injury or doesn't perform well at camp. My question is he gonna make the jrs, which will make him a first rounder or 2nd rounder. How many 1st rounders that didn't play in the jrs not many, unless it was an injury. One thing for sure he is going be drafted in the top 60 in very good draft, not as deep like 2015. As a hockey fan he is fun to watch like his brother, I do agree he plays like center more as RW. As he plays he is very positional player and very high hockey sense reads the plays, not often see him out postition.

As a Leaf fan, I hope this kid tear it up and get drafted to MODO and becomes like his dad, then gets drafted by the Leafs. Nylander ???? Nylander as a line would be highly amusing. I am watching this kid closely.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
He should make it, unless comes up like an injury or doesn't perform well at camp. My question is he gonna make the jrs, which will make him a first rounder or 2nd rounder. How many 1st rounders that didn't play in the jrs not many, unless it was an injury. One thing for sure he is going be drafted in the top 60 in very good draft, not as deep like 2015. As a hockey fan he is fun to watch like his brother, I do agree he plays like center more as RW. As he plays he is very positional player and very high hockey sense reads the plays, not often see him out postition.

As a Leaf fan, I hope this kid tear it up and get drafted to MODO and becomes like his dad, then gets drafted by the Leafs. Nylander ???? Nylander as a line would be highly amusing. I am watching this kid closely.

There is no draft system in sweden.

He will play next year before the draft, but probabaly not this WJC 18. Last year it was one 97, and that was the third goalie. They are very strict with the age, and he would have been a borderline anyway.

At least this goes before him.

Eriksson Ek
Grundström
Ahl
Lööke
Asplund
Dahlen
Dahlström
Davidsson

Then there are players like, Olhaver, Emanuelsson etc.

W Nylander and some others 96 played as underage, but 95 was a weak generation, but the 97 is deep enough to not have to import any 98, so it is not likely that they will play him.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Many. Brodin, Klefbom, Zibanejad, W. Nylander, H. Lindholm, Kempe & Burakovsky are just some names off the top of my head. You don't need to make the WJC team in order to go high in the draft.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Many. Brodin, Klefbom, Zibanejad, W. Nylander, H. Lindholm, Kempe & Burakovsky are just some names off the top of my head. You don't need to make the WJC team in order to go high in the draft.

Yup, its not always about how good a player is today, but how good a player is 5-10 years from now.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

I think he meant, U18 not U20. W Nylander even played U18 twice before his draft

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think he meant, U18 not U20. W Nylander even played U18 twice before his draft

Well of course he's going to play at the U18 WC next season, he's likely the biggest lock on that team. Don't think that's what he meant. There is a long list of first rounders that didn't play at the U18 WC twice or was selected for the WJC in their draft year. Being selected for various national teams means very little, it's just an indicator.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Yup, its not always about how good a player is today, but how good a player is 5-10 years from now.

Not just that, but so many external things that have nothing to do with the individual, such as age group, coaches.

The Russian's for example have had several years where they pretty much go ALL 19 year olds. The year they beat Canada, in 2011 was an example. Kuznetsov was the only kid who wasnt 19, and the only returnee a year later. Cuts that year included Yakupov (who was tearing up the O), and Nikita Kucherov, who ended up absolutely tearing up the U-18s that year

The next year however, the new coach went younger. The team was anchored by Kuznetsov, but most of his supporting staff were all underagers: Yakupov, Kucherov, Grigorenko, Khoklachev, Nesterov, and of course 2 underage goalies Makarov and Vasilevski.

Point is some years young guys get cut. Doesnt dimish potential, or even skill AT THAT POINT

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Nylander was selected 12th overall by Mississauga in today's CHL Import Draft:

Word is he has more of shot playing in CHL than his brother did. Makes me and other Steelheads fans pretty happy.

Any other info on him would be great.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Word is he has more of shot playing in CHL than his brother did. Makes me and other Steelheads fans pretty happy.

Any other info on him would be great.

Chances of him reporting should definitely be bigger this time. The Nylander's always come in pairs.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Immensely skilled and agile, very much like his brother.

He doesn't have a contract in Sweden and with William living in Toronto I'd be optimistic, even though nothing has been mentioned anywhere on him joining the CHL I would still say Miss. is more likely than Sweden.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario

He doesn't have a contract in Sweden and with William living in Toronto I'd be optimistic, even though nothing has been mentioned anywhere on him joining the CHL I would still say Miss. is more likely than Sweden.

From a family standpoint the brothers may be able to live together. Could make it more enticing but who knows.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

I also believe he shares the same agent at Bouramman, Lindberg & Timashov. All three played CHL hockey this season.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I also believe he shares the same agent at Bouramman, Lindberg & Timashov. All three played CHL hockey this season.

As well as Daniel Bagenda who was just drafted with Mississauga's second pick. Looking likely they'll all three be there. With Lindberg in Oshawa and Timashov drafted by the Leafs, they must be pretty stoked. :laugh:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
As well as Daniel Bagenda who was just drafted with Mississauga's second pick. Looking likely they'll all three be there. With Lindberg in Oshawa and Timashov drafted by the Leafs, they must be pretty stoked. :laugh:

I love Bagenda.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
From a family standpoint the brothers may be able to live together.

Mississauga and Toronto are big/busy places. Depending on where William lives, it could be a frustrating drive in to the rink first thing in the morning for Alex! Gardiner-27-401 can get messy! :laugh:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Skilled, talented player with good hands, skating & size. He should be able to put up much better numbers than he's done the last couple of seasons.

I wouldn't say he's (Bagenda) high end skilled, but he's got a nice mix of power game and skill. Definitely a guy I think could go from undrafted to NHL player in the best of worlds.

As for Alex Nylander, I think he's CHL destined for sure. Would make too much sense, using up his NCAA eligibility already and all that. Probably the right call for him.

MapleLife*

My wish list for 2016 NHL draft:
1. Big 1C: Plan A=Matthews, Plan B=Brown
2. Big 1D: Plan A=Chychrun, Plan B=Day
3. Alex Nylander

If we could somehow get another top 10 pick, then trade up with our 2015 2nd to get to Nylander's range, and come out of the draft with Chychrun/Brown/Nylander, I would bow to Shanahan.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
RW/LW Alexander Nylander - Mississauga Steelheads (2016 draft)

i put his chl team cause i read that he has a good chance to play there this year
so yeah alex nylander brother of william and son of michael.

hes 6'0 and 172 pounds, and likely a 1s round pick.
he had 40 points in 42 contests with AIK J20 in the SuperElit so (draft -1)
he statistically compares to jakub vrana, adrian kempe,kevin fiala and david pastrnak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad