RW Alexander Nylander (2016, 8th, BUF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Considering the only way he can "earn" a spot on this team is build a time machine and pull the strings of history so that Botterill becomes Sabres GM a year earlier and still picks him in the draft, what does it matter?

I am not well versed enough in terms of the Sabres inner workings to believe there is some sort of favoritism going on but clearly Nylander has NOT earned a call-up here based on his play of late. He's a pure offensive player, he has to produce in the AHL to earn his way to the NHL.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It's truly bizarre to me that he showed good chemistry with Mitts in preseason. That I thought he would get a look this year on a line with Mitts. Alex can play his off wing also, he did with the Steelheads. So there are many options for him. Sabres need secondary scoring. Not sure what the Sabres plans are for their prospects. Over cooking or the right seasoning here?

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
It's truly bizarre to me that he showed good chemistry with Mitts in preseason. That I thought he would get a look this year on a line with Mitts. Alex can play his off wing also, he did with the Steelheads. So there are many options for him. Sabres need secondary scoring. Not sure what the Sabres plans are for their prospects. Over cooking or the right seasoning here?
I think they wanted to give him half the year in Roch. The Sabres are reeling and there needs to be some changes made, and I think it's a pretty obvious one to make. I'd be very surprised if he isn't a regular on the Sabres in the near future.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think they wanted to give him half the year in Roch. The Sabres are reeling and there needs to be some changes made, and I think it's a pretty obvious one to make. I'd be very surprised if he isn't a regular on the Sabres in the near future.

I always liked Alex Nylander as a prospect. I watched him in Mississauga his draft year on a line with McLeod and Bastian. He was a catalyst. Where he also had a terrific playoff of a 2PPG average coming back from injury.

The circumstances since he was drafted, of being hurt, a lack of production has been an unlucky road for him. I do think he needs to be himself, and not be so dependent on his dad and William. Just be himself, play as a man, and let the talent shine threw which I know he has.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Viktor Stalberg once lead the pre season in goal scoring. It means nothing if it doesn't translate beyond pre season.
His point was that Nylander outplayed his competition to make the team (Mittelstadt, Thompson), not that he only out produced them, which I'm not even sure is true.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Alexander has missed 2 previous games due to a lower-body injury. (is day to day)
- last game: February 2nd

Americans has played the past month without a reg loss, 7 wins 2 SOL, 1 OTL, 42 goals for, 23 against
- Alexander Nylander has zero goals and one assist (-5) in that span.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Alexander has missed 2 previous games due to a lower-body injury. (is day to day)
- last game: February 2nd

Americans has played the past month without a reg loss, 7 wins 2 SOL, 1 OTL, 42 goals for, 23 against
- Alexander Nylander has zero goals and one assist (-5) in that span.
Almost the same stat line as his brother.

Reactions: DON VITO

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Considering the only way he can "earn" a spot on this team is build a time machine and pull the strings of history so that Botterill becomes Sabres GM a year earlier and still picks him in the draft, what does it matter?

Jesus lol. How about just being PPG in the AHL? If he was, he’d be up.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Not sure he will ever see the nhl if he continues to produce as he has been.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Not sure he will ever see the nhl if he continues to produce as he has been.
Well he’s already played in the NHL. Had a really good training camp and was just as deserving of a spot as Tage Thompson who has been gifted that roster spot all season.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Really we should be looking at a kid that’s playing in his first AHL season. There’s zero reason for them to have butchered his development like they did, he should have spent some combination of the last 2 seasons in the OHL/Sweden and came over this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad