GDT: Rush GDT: New Jersey Yukons vs. Colorado Bumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
1-0 in the Sami Vatanen era. He looked pretty good for his first game here.

With him and Severson on the top 2 pairs, we've got guys who can seamlessly break the puck out of the zone. Butcher also does a good job on pair 3.

Severson was fantastic tonight. I still can't get over the pass he made to Hischier to exit the zone late.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Glad we won, but I am done with Hynes and his bull**** and how he is dealing with Zacha.
Zacha really needs to be playing a little more now, with the trade yesterday.

And I love Zajac, but his lack of production has been pretty troubling to start this season. I'd wait until the 10 game mark before coming to a better conclusion though.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
4th line was very good. Give them credit tonight. Liked what I'm seeing from Moore/Butcher/Severson still. Severson really looks like he's becoming a top pairing guy and Butcher was just a fantastic find for us. Ready to take the training breaks off of him.

Reactions: Bleedred

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Vatanen enhanced.

4sODUIK.gif

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
4th line was very good. Give them credit tonight. Liked what I'm seeing from Moore/Butcher/Severson still. Severson really looks like he's becoming a top pairing guy and Butcher was just a fantastic find for us. Ready to take the training breaks off of him.
How about Vatanen?

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Severson was very good tonight. Made a lot of solid defensive plays. Just keep him off the trigger on the PP now that Sami is here.

I love Severson. Think he's a really solid offensive D-Man on the 5 on 5. Not a game breaker but he's good. But I agree. With Vatanen and Butcher you have two top 25 D-Man on the PP in the whole league. No need to have Severson there besides the occasional shift.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't believe that I missed that trivia question, I would have probably gotten that one.

Reactions: glenwo2

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
better team won. thought the devils controlled the play and vat was way more noticeable than henrique. hall looked rusty. bratt and nico continue to impress.
15 wins in 25 games. a 6th round pick playing as first line material. great time to bea devils fan.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Boyle out there to hold a lead is so foolish, especially against a fast team like the Avs.

Boyle was out there to win a faceoff in the last minute of a game. There is NOTHING wrong with that since we dont have much other then Zajac that can seem to win faceoffs. Tonight we did ok in the dot but im not sending out Nico to win that against the Aves be faceoff guy.

Ive decided that no matter who our couch is we will never agree with their player deploy in certain situations. But honestly 99 times out of 100 ill choose the guy that is an NHL head coach over everyone of us including myself.

Reactions: 23 others

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I love Severson. Think he's a really solid offensive D-Man on the 5 on 5. Not a game breaker but he's good. But I agree. With Vatanen and Butcher you have two top 25 D-Man on the PP in the whole league. No need to have Severson there besides the occasional shift.

Nothing flashy tonight for sure, but he was very sound defensively. Made some good plays.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Boyle was out there to win a faceoff in the last minute of a game. There is NOTHING wrong with that since we dont have much other then Zajac that can seem to win faceoffs. Tonight we did ok in the dot but im not sending out Nico to win that against the Aves be faceoff guy.

Ive decided that no matter who our couch is we will never agree with their player deploy in certain situations. But honestly 99 times out of 100 ill choose the guy that is an NHL head coach over everyone of us including myself.

This is literally why Boyle is here. To win faceoffs in those situations, which he did effectively.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember when we used to play Tallinder and Fayne on the PP? Or Peter Harrold? Then you had Adam Oates coaching it and it was a real disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad