Zadorov-Barberio
Lindholm-Barrie

Varlamov/Bernier

LET'S GO DEVILS!

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Wonderful deployment, so overnight santini goes from top pair to being the odd man out, while Lovejoy stays in. This is exactly the garbage that pissed people off last season. Is it a complete travesty? No - but god I hope it's not an extended thing bc now it becomes the perfect chance to give santini a bit more sheltered minutes with butcher and let him continue developing into what we see flashes of - a top four shutdown dman who can also skate and move the puck.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Wonderful deployment, let's make santini the odd man out and keep lovejoy in. Is it a complete travesty? No. But, It's like people say so often, there are so many times where it's like what is going thru the minds of some of these guys who are considered among the best in the world (talking coaches and GM's)? See it so often around the league.
if lovejoy had played the role Santini had while playing as Santini did people here would be calling for Lovejoy's and Hynes' head here. it's not a bad thing take a game or two off and get inserted in the third pairing and build from there.

Reactions: My3Sons

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Ah crap was just going to post a GDT. Oh well keep running with Rudolf stuff haha.

Johansson in with Zajac and Zacha

Santini out and Vatanen paired with Greene

Cory gets the start.

Reactions: MadDog172430

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
if lovejoy had played the role Santini had while playing as Santini did people here would be calling for Lovejoy's and Hynes' head here. it's not a bad thing take a game or two off and get inserted in the third pairing and build from there.

I don't disagree, so long as this doesn't become a Lovejoy is a mainstay in the lineup deal.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Lovejoy hasn't been worse than Santini this year, doesn't bother me much. I assume he'll get in tomorrow because of the back to back. Butcher-LJ has been fine, no real reason to break it up.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Regardless of usage, Santini was putrid last game and could use the rest.

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I think we all should remember how well our young players have responded after being sat this season. As The Taxman said, if it's more than a couple games, it's probably an issue. But Lovejoy being in this game could actually be a step in the right direction for Santini.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I'm a vocal Lovejoy critic but even I have no problem with them sitting Santini for a game, he's been put in a tough position up until this point and understandably struggled as a result. Give the kid a breather and reintegrate him tomorrow in a sheltered third pairing role to help regain some confidence.

They asked him to do too much too soon and pairing him with Greene was noticeably detrimental to his game. He'll bounce back, just pair him with a puck mover (Butcher) and deploy them against weaker competiton with more favourable zone starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad