GDT: Rush GDT: New Jersey Yukons vs. Colorado Bumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I think the young woman who just had the baby and talks about how baby's reaction to winning the lottery, is one of the more authentic ones. She doesn't seem like she's forcing anything there or trying to act. It seems like her time is also shorter than some of the other people's spots, so this might also help.

I have singled out the long haired guy as liking more than most of the other's, up until when he says ''Anything to show passionate of a Devils fan I am'' or whatever it is that he says at the end. It seems like he's trying to lay it on thick, but I don't hold it against him. He isn't an actor.

The one with the young woman whose day is very structured (?) and her jersey HAS to be in the car or else. Get a grip. :rolleyes:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes Pelley did score. Theodore was in net and he let in an absolute stinker on Madden which broke the game open
I remembered Theodore, I remembered the really bad goal, just not who scored it.

Did you just look up highlights for that game? Or is your memory THAT good? Haha.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
There is a lot wrong with it. I'd rather have guys that lose face offs more than they win them that can skate and pressure the shooters over someone that gets there last second as the shot is already off and going by Schneider and tying the game up. It's annoying to see the team constantly stuck in their own end and unable to get an empty netter to end any hope of tying it up.

What? How can you say in the last minute of a game you want to LOSE a faceoff to then put pressure on the shooter, I dont want them to have possession of the puck in that situation at all. Until Nico and Coleman get better a faceoffs we have what we have and that is Boyle and Zajac both good defensive forwards who can win faceoffs.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The one with the young woman whose day is very structured (?) and her jersey HAS to be in the car or else. Get a grip. :rolleyes:
No, I didn't mean that one. The dark haired one, with the very olive complexion.

The one you're talking about is kind of corny, but we all have our weird quirks. I think she's the one that goes to Wawa, which makes me think she's a Central or South Jersey person. Though they have recently expanded Wawa's into North Jersey, from what I understand.

The one guy who says ''They're the team that unites South Jersey, North Jersey, no matter where you're from'' is kind of corny.

Someone on this forum mentioned they got called down to one of these shoots a few months back. They never mentioned if they used his piece on TV, but mentioned they had him talk for a long time and shoot on how much he hated the Rangers and encouraged him to do so. So I'm guessing all these people were talking for quite a few minutes each, but they just chopped up what they felt were the best parts or whatever.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The end of the game in a 6 on 5 is literally the most important faceoff moment of the game.

Almost no other faceoff is as important. You need to put someone out there that can win those.

Which is exactly what we did tonight and it worked.

Reactions: MadDog172430

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't have as much of an issue with Boyle out there for 6 on 5's, as much as when we've heavily leaned on Boyle, Coleman, Lovejoy, Greene, Santini, etc, when up by one goal with significant time remaining in the 3rd period and with the goalie yet to be pulled.

I think Noesen is a good guy to have out there in those situations. He isn't gonna score you hardly anything, but he's literally very safe and can do good things for you in those situations.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As much as I've been knocking this new mandatory set up, which I've finally gotten very used in the last month or so, I love how convenient it is to upload my photos. The only problem is that I have so many of my photos already saved to Photobucket and not on my computer, so some of my favorites are in there and not saved onto the computer or my phone.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I remembered Theodore, I remembered the really bad goal, just not who scored it.

Did you just look up highlights for that game? Or is your memory THAT good? Haha.

My memory is pretty good. 08 was the season I got the Centre Ice package for the first time.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm trying to figure out if we win the Butcher for Kerfoot ''Trade'' or swap, whatever you wanna call it.

We win the game, but Kerfoot gets a point and Butcher doesn't. How do we judge this one? We'll see who finishes higher after the season ends, that's how we grade trades around here!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My memory is pretty good. 08 was the season I got the Centre Ice package for the first time.
2008 was a weird year for me. (another random personal story about myself) I had re-connected with a female friend from high school, not the one who we used to homework for each other. Someone who was just a friend in high school, but she had moved to Atlanta at some point, and we began talking again. She visited around the holidays in 07/New Years of 08 and we began talking every day after that and beginning like a long distance sort of relationship after getting together when she visited around New Years of 08. I wound up leaving to visit her for two weeks, a couple days after the Devils/Rangers 2008 playoff series ended. We were making plans a week into it, for me to move to Atlanta with her, by the end of the summer. I was still living in Jersey at the time. After two weeks, when I was going home anyway, we both came to the conclusion that we weren't right for each other. Being away from her was hard for the first few months of 2008, so I should remember more from that time period.

I'm SOOOOO glad that I never made that move. It would have been a VERY costly 19 year old move, only I was quite a bit older than 19 at the time....

Dodged a bullet on that one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rod's a eally funny name when you think about it

:Like name your kid "Dick" or "Penis" or something, ****ing hysterical
Wow haha.

I didn't even see this post until just now. Another ding against this new forum set up, which has posts from an hour ago, sometimes being more recent in the order than posts from 25 minutes ago, like this one.

I always thought it was Rodney or Roderick or something. Who was that recent player from last year's draft, who had that very strange first and last name combo. I don't even remember what it was, but it was almost like the equivalent of being named Dick Ball.

I knew a guy named Richard Ball, who started calling himself Dick Ball, after everyone else started giving him a hard time over it. He had a great sense of humor about it.

I think it was Jackin Wood or something?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I knew a guy named Richard Ball, who started calling himself Dick Ball
, after everyone else started giving him a hard time over it.

There was a Richard Hard in my residence hall in college, and I forget what his middle name was, but it started with a 'B', so he was literally, Dick B. Hard.

There's no way that could have been an accident, his parents must have been a******s.

When we saw the name on the building roster before school started, we thought someone in residential life was playing a joke on us, but sure enough, Dick B. Hard showed up for freshman orientation.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Just caught up with the game, solid win and another 2 points in the bank.

Jesper Bratt continues to be amazing. 6th round pick in 2016 :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Bratt shadowing Barrie then jumping in front of him to pick off that pass is becoming a classic Bratt move. He's done this to a bunch of good defensemen this season already. It works because the player who is looking to make a pass, in this case Zadorov, is going to see a teammate when he looks back, but when he gets to the puck and makes the pass Bratt has jumped into the lane. Guy is a wizard with this move.

...and this pass though.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I am absolutely in love with these kids. Really needed too with long time Devils retiring or moving on to other teams. We needed a new group of home grown talent to get behind.
Compared with the doom and gloom of last season, where I would often turn games off or just skip late ones entirely because we were so bad (and boring), this season has been really exciting. A big reason for that is all the talented youth Shero has injected into this team.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There was a Richard Hard in my residence hall in college, and I forget what his middle name was, but it started with a 'B', so he was literally, Dick B. Hard.

There's no way that could have been an accident, his parents must have been a******s.

When we saw the name on the building roster before school started, we thought someone in residential life was playing a joke on us, but sure enough, Dick B. Hard showed up for freshman orientation.
Reminds me of the ''Adolph Hitler'' and ''Aryan Nation'' parents from a few years back. It's not the kid's fault, I was never a bully (unless provoked a few times) so I wouldn't make fun of them in this case. I feel bad for the kids, they never had a choice in naming themselves.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thrilled with Vatanen through 1 game.
He made some pretty bad play at one point, which I figured he would be ripped for and there'd be buyers remorse from somebody, that we didn't get a more ''Defensive'' guy.

Even though Greene has seen better days, he's not nearly to the level of dilapidation that Bieksa now finds himself in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad