GDT: Rush GDT: New Jersey Yukons vs. Colorado Bumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
This s team is 15-6-4 yet it really hasn't played at an optimal level aside from some early games. They could get better as the season progresses.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This s team is 15-6-4 yet it really hasn't played at an optimal level aside from some early games. They could get better as the season progresses.

Honestly I think I agree. I don’t think we have had a fully healthy roster at any point beyond a couple of games. All the guys coming in and out is preventing some real chemistry from forming and things from gelling.

If we can stay relatively healthy once Palms gets back for an extended period i time it isn’t out of the question for us to go on a tear.

Most of the big road trips are about down as well outside the California trip.

Reactions: Blender

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
No. Hynes just benched him again.

Thanks
Watching the game right now, I'm really liking how things are looking, but the thing with us is we are establishing a culture quick that will define how we are playing. We have a edge here but other teams in the metro division will improve on the player front in terms of drafting and developing but our new culture will make sure we will be competitive. Kinda like how the CBJ has done the last couple of years with John Davidson in front and Kekalainen as Gm, and with Tortorella establishing the culture on the ice.

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
Who would have thought the Devs got 34 pts after 25 games?

0c2fcf9691ca89abde9a3055ddd0ab188dad62d9a89fb2ac86e1a4a78f2b5a10.jpg

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
He made some pretty bad play at one point, which I figured he would be ripped for and there'd be buyers remorse from somebody, that we didn't get a more ''Defensive'' guy.

Even though Greene has seen better days, he's not nearly to the level of dilapidation that Bieksa now finds himself in.

Honestly I always remembered him as more of a Butcher type with maybe a little better skating. I say that meaning that I never thought Butcher would be as good on D as we’ve seen either. After seeing their fans describe him, I got exactly what the majority of them said from just 1 game. My only nit picky 1 game critic would be that he held onto the puck a little too long in our zone and got creamed a few times while making his pass.

His passing is so smooth. He really does fit this system perfectly.

It's going to take some getting used to seeing a #45 in a Devils jersey though.

If this is how he is most nights he will fit perfectly as you said. The guy had been on our team for 24 hours and comes in and leads EVERYONE in ice time with over 23 minutes. That will most likely be the norm since he plays 5v5, PK and PP. We didn’t get to see his PP shot yet but we will.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Its nice reading an entire GDT without everyone saying our goalie(s) suck !
Sami did fit in nicely, he should work out alright
We need Palms back..he brings that "attitude"
Looks like Travis is the new whipping boy though

Travis always was the preffered whipping boy of the normal people here. It’s not hard to imagine him “struggling” when he missed some offseason workouts, camp and pre season. I’d much rather him play these games now than be doing this in January or February as was the original earliest return dates. He’s also on a much different team that plays with speed and fast transitions which makes his average at best speed stand out more than it ever did. If we make the playoffs people will be thrilled we have him to anchor a line and provide the veteran leadership every team needs.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
He made some pretty bad play at one point, which I figured he would be ripped for and there'd be buyers remorse from somebody, that we didn't get a more ''Defensive'' guy.

Even though Greene has seen better days, he's not nearly to the level of dilapidation that Bieksa now finds himself in.
He was trying to keep a puck in the zone and it bounced off him slowing it down which put him in a tough spot with him stationary at the blue line. Would have been better off completely missing it, that's more bad luck than anything.

Camille the Eel

Vatanan passes the puck hard and on the tape. None of those lazy, soft passes that our club is plagued by. Soft passes are easy to pick off. I hope what Vatanan does is contagious. Decisive, fast and hard when he moves the puck.

Also he's built like a concrete bunker. Short but like a weight lifter. With that low center of gravity he'll get leverage on most physical plays one-on-one.

On the other hand, weird to see us without Rico. We are less dangerous, at least at first. He played a lot of big minutes for us in different situations and played with a lot of different combinations of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad