Speculation: Rumours, Speculation, and all Armchair-GM-ing needs! v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
So apparently on the main board, Granlund gets us Gormley. He's regressed this past year somewhat, but I do that deal all day.

And no Schenn isn't an absolute disaster. I'd venture to say I've watched Philly play as much as anyone on our board.

Don't Arizona have a bit of a hole on defense right now? Anyway, if it was offered I would take that 10 out of 10 times.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Don't Arizona have a bit of a hole on defense right now? Anyway, if it was offered I would take that 10 out of 10 times.

Defence is definitely their strong point. Their biggest need is a skilled center.

You know, there's actually a decent chance that we lose that deal. But I don't care, Granlund is totally expendable and our need for Gormley is much higher. I'd do it without hesitation. I really like what I saw from Gormley this year.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Defence is definitely their strong point. Their biggest need is a skilled center.

You know, there's actually a decent chance that we lose that deal. But I don't care, Granlund is totally expendable and our need for Gormley is much higher. I'd do it without hesitation. I really like what I saw from Gormley this year.

Gormley looks more NHL ready than Wotherspoon too.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Schenn is definitely an upgrade on Engelland, I feel like Schenn could also jump up and play top 4 minutes if someone got injured. It would at least be a better option than Engelland playing big minutes.

If Philly wants some scoring and we want Schenn could a Raymond + for Schenn deal work?
Or am I dreaming

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What about Mike Weber from the Sabres? Big LH defenseman, uses his body and blocks shots. I'm not sure how well he skates, but he is a bottom pairing guy so I don't imagine he would cost too much to acquire.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Does Beauchemin make any sense if the ducks don't resign him? Just a one or two year deal until we have more nhl ready prospects to step in? I'm just throwing our names here because I think we do need to add one if not two pieces to our d core.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Does Beauchemin make any sense if the ducks don't resign him? Just a one or two year deal until we have more nhl ready prospects to step in? I'm just throwing our names here because I think we do need to add one if not two pieces to our d core.

It sort of does?
He's actually a pretty good Dman, just old. I dunno, I think we need to get a physical presence on our backend, but that's a top 4. No need to get a physical bottom pair guy, we have two of those... I just think we need a lot more size there, Russell and Wideman, while very good seem to get dummied on the cycle; as they don't have the ability to move anyone.

I'm all for this team getting bigger :laugh:

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think Granlund could get us one of Gromley, Merrill, Smith or Sproul. Personally, I'm kind of leaning towards Merrill. He's about the best of the bunch right now but young defensemen are so hard to tell at that age.

Aug 21, 2014
I think Granlund could get us one of Gromley, Merrill, Smith or Sproul. Personally, I'm kind of leaning towards Merrill. He's about the best of the bunch right now but young defensemen are so hard to tell at that age.

Merrill or Sproul personally. Both big and still quite young.

Aug 21, 2014
lmfao @ Granlund getting Merrill. And Hudler will land Malkin.

Gaudreau-Malkin-Colborne
Bennett-Monahan-Jones
Bouma-Backlund-Shore
Ferland-Stajan-Jooris
Bollig-Wolf
Raymond disappeared
Giordano-Brodie
Russell-Wideman
Merrill-Engelland
Schlemko

Ramo
Ortio

Oh, I'd be laughing.
:naughty:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I love how everyone just runs with Hudler for Malkin :laugh:

this is why we have the best group on HF

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010

He'll want and likely get a 3 year deal.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I love how everyone just runs with Hudler for Malkin :laugh:

this is why we have the best group on HF

I think the biggest factor is CalgaryPuck. So many of the homers went there. Smaller community here, people were bound to get to know each other.

Also, the horse gif really brought us all together.

Granlund will not land us Merill.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
A top six center I agree, like a Strome though not Granlund. They may have OEL and Stone but I wouldn't say there defense is to the point where they can ditch valuable assets.

Ugh, my reply this morning didn't go through. The Yotes lost Yandle this season, so in theory they have another spot on their backend open. I'd say OEL, Michalek, Stone and Murphy are all ahead of Gormely right now, 3 of those guys are under 25.

Other than Hanzel, the Yotes are pretty hurting down the middle especially in the way of prospects. IMO Granlund would probably fill a bigger organizational need and would add some skill upfront to a lineup that really needs it. I think Granlund is a very safe bet to be an NHL player for a long time, so I could see there being some appeal there from both sides.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think the biggest factor is CalgaryPuck. So many of the homers went there. Smaller community here, people were bound to get to know each other.

Also, the horse gif really brought us all together.

Granlund will not land us Merill.

If Granlund doesn't get us Jon Merrill, we might as well hang on to him because I'm not even entirely sure we'd win that trade in the long run. He'd arguable be the Devils best forward prospect, at this point. 18 points/48 games, in his second year of hockey in North America, while moving back an forth between the AHL and the Flames. Honestly, I think the kids rapidly becoming one of the most underrated prospects in all of hockey.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Ugh, my reply this morning didn't go through. The Yotes lost Yandle this season, so in theory they have another spot on their backend open. I'd say OEL, Michalek, Stone and Murphy are all ahead of Gormely right now, 3 of those guys are under 25.

Other than Hanzel, the Yotes are pretty hurting down the middle especially in the way of prospects. IMO Granlund would probably fill a bigger organizational need and would add some skill upfront to a lineup that really needs it. I think Granlund is a very safe bet to be an NHL player for a long time, so I could see there being some appeal there from both sides.

....Didn't they trade Michalek to STL at the TD...?
Which means they are going to need Gormely. Which means they're likely to draft Strome/Marner at the draft.
I'd keep the team the way it is TBH. We have too many players and not enough spots on the team.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
....Didn't they trade Michalek to STL at the TD...?
Which means they are going to need Gormely. Which means they're likely to draft Strome/Marner at the draft.
I'd keep the team the way it is TBH. We have too many players and not enough spots on the team.

No offence but I don't think that's a great way to look at it. It doesn't make sense, to me at least, to not try and upgrade the team just because we have too many players for the number of roster spots. In fact I look at it the opposite way. Why not package a few of these guys to address a need or just get an upgrade. You can always sign depth guys in free agency. This is why I think guys like Granlund, and Reinhart are expendable now as I don't see how the fit into the future where as you could grab someone who does using them. I could be way off in my thinking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad