Speculation: Rumours, Speculation, and all Armchair-GM-ing needs! v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Originally I thought the Flames should avoid Williams as I figured he would be looking for a 5+ year deal for sure. If we can get him at a decent cap hit for 3 years he would be a great add IMO.

Same thing can be said for Sharp but I imagine he will be looking for a long term deal as well, so I would probably avoid him.

Well I think we ditch Sharp after he plays 2 years with us, especially with all of the raises we have to pay. He'll probably ask around 4.5-5.5m after his 5.9 x 2.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I wouldn't do it. Unless Kylington and Meloche are available at 21st and 31st respectively.

Well the good thing is, from looking at the draft lists, at least one of the group of similarly-interesting players available at 15 is almost guaranteed to be available at 21. The only thing is, is one enough? Is it okay if only Meier, or Chabot, or Roy, or Kylington, or whoever, is available? Maybe that's too much of a risk for the Flames, because they have one guy in particular they want out of that group.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Calgary trades:
15th overall
52nd overall

to Buffalo for:
21st overall
31st overall

As far as anyone can tell, there is a huge toss-up in terms of player talent past about #12, so the Flames could move down while still getting two-first round talents. (obviously Buffalo would have to like someone at 15th to do this, but I think value is pretty good.)

Depending on who is on the board at #15 I could be very okay. Dropping down to #21 sucks yeah, but I'm super high on a lot of guys that look like late 1st's/early 2nd's.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You got the wrong Staal though. :popcorn:

Trading Backlund for J. Staal I didn't agree with, but at least it makes sense system wise. I don't see how moving Backlund for a pick makes sense before Bennett has established himself at C. He may very well end up a winger.
I agree completely.

Thoughts on

Jones + Hanowski
for
Semin, 2nd, Pesce/Mceown
**** no, not a chance.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
What would you guys give up for Ty Rattie? Calgary boy, put up bonkers numbers in the WHL, decent numbers in the AHL, still only 22 and an actual right-handed RW. Could be a great pick up for us and potentially a long-term middle 6er.

Blues are probably looking for a goalie. maybe Hiller for Rattie?

Aug 21, 2014
What would you guys give up for Ty Rattie? Calgary boy, put up bonkers numbers in the WHL, decent numbers in the AHL, still only 22 and an actual right-handed RW. Could be a great pick up for us and potentially a long-term middle 6er.

Rattie + 4th in 2016/2017 for Hiller looks good to me.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

I don't think STL would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad