Rumor: Rumours & Proposals - (Chia discussion will be met with a threadban at minimum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't think the forwards are the problem.

Our D suck. They can't make an outlet pass. They can't hit the net on the PP. They can't skate fast enough to get to and win puck battles on the PK.

We have no true offensive defenseman on this team. Klefbom is the closest to one but with his shoulder issue he has been very poor in this regard this season.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Ferraro was discussing on his podcast that RNH and a package involving Pacioiretty would be a fair deal for both teams. Actually I don’t believe it was even a rumour but something he commented on as being a fit for both teams.

I haven’t listened to his new podcast yet, will later tonight or tomorrow morning. I’ve just read some of his commentary on it since it aired yesterday.
That was the Overdrive broadcast on TSN 1050 (Toronto) and just from listening to the clip linked in this thread he wasn't saying he has inside knowledge simply that it is a shake-up trade that makes sense for both teams from a need perspective. He wasn't really advocating either side adding something, just saying throw in whatever pieces make that deal fair, but at the center of it, those are the 2 key pieces.

One thing I'm not sure I agree with everyone on is why is Pacioretty going to be crazy expensive on an extension, maybe if he had a strong season this year like the previous years he'd have a case, but the possibility exists to extend him coming off this bad season at a number a bit North of what Atkinson just signed for, say $6.5M on a long-term deal. The season he's had so far sure doesn't make me think $8-$9M like Soundwave was suggesting.

Reactions: Night Witch

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That was the Overdrive broadcast on TSN 1050 (Toronto) and just from listening to the clip linked in this thread he wasn't saying he has inside knowledge simply that it is a shake-up trade that makes sense for both teams from a need perspective. He wasn't really advocating either side adding something, just saying throw in whatever pieces make that deal fair, but at the center of it, those are the 2 key pieces.

One thing I'm not sure I agree with everyone on is why is Pacioretty going to be crazy expensive on an extension, maybe if he had a strong season this year like the previous years he'd have a case, but the possibility exists to extend him coming off this bad season at a number a bit North of what Atkinson just signed for, say $6.5M on a long-term deal. The season he's had so far sure doesn't make me think $8-$9M like Soundwave was suggesting.

Well then it circles back to the whole point of why are we trading for him if he's not that good to begin with?

I don't think his agent will let him sign an extension before playing with McDavid either, you have to think they know they could get a lot more money later.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Well then it circles back to the whole point of why are we trading for him if he's not that good to begin with?

I don't think his agent will let him sign an extension before playing with McDavid either, you have to think they know they could get a lot more money later.
He is very good, but he's not going to get a full year with McDavid he'd need to sign an extension either this summer or by approximately next January or he's probably going to be put on the trade market again, we have to preserve asset value and can't lose him to free agency. If he goes supernova with McDavid or Drai and asks for the moon then we have a high value trade chip at the next deadline, if he takes some time to find his feet then we can potentially nab him on a value deal or atleast a fair deal.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He is very good, but he's not going to get a full year with McDavid he'd need to sign an extension either this summer or by approximately next January or he's probably going to be put on the trade market again, we have to preserve asset value and can't lose him to free agency. If he goes supernova with McDavid or Drai and asks for the moon then we have a high value trade chip at the next deadline, if he takes some time to find his feet then we can potentially nab him on a value deal.

I see zero chance he would sign an extension here straight away. He will want to first see if he likes the city/franchise and his agent will tell him to wait to play with McDavid first. There's no incentive to him to sign coming off this poor season. Why commit to a city/team you probably don't know much about and why not see if playing with McDavid can land you a bigger pay day?

If it doesn't click he'll go to UFA and probably sign with an American team where he doesn't have to deal with half the garbage he puts up with now.

If he goes 'supernova', you're not getting much for him because he will be a rental.

So you just traded RNH for a rental, which is idiotic. It's not worth it.

Stay the course now, no more panic trades.

If you want to do the whole "OMG we need to do something soonsooonsooonsooonorelseallislostican'tgoanotheryearwithout playoffs" thing ... just hire Daryl Sutter. He will get this roster as is into the playoffs. Dude is just sitting in his barn probably cleaning cow dung 50 minutes away from Rogers Place. Call him.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
For what its worth, I'd do RNH + for Gallagher and Pacioretti. Two NHLers for one. RNH has improved, but he's not blowing anyone's minds either. Gallagher is a great energy guy, and Pacioretti has proven he can be a finisher... Gallagher could be a guy who develops into a real fan favorite for a long time. Paccy can maybe find his touch again. This RNH is arguably the best we've seen - can he get better than this?? playing behind McD and Drai? doubtful.

Personally I'd move Maroon to STL for one of their young DMen... Not named Parayko as he'd be pricey. Maybe Yamamoto and Maroon for Parayko?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'd consider Strome for Duclair. Duclair doesn't want to be there and they already have Strome's brother so that probably works for all parties involved.

Lucic McDavid Puljujarvi
Caggiula Draisaitl Yamamoto
Duclair RNH Kassian
blank Khaira Slepyshev

Next year. Let it roll, maybe you have a Tkachuk or Svechnikov added from the draft. With Yamaoto, Puljujarvi, Kassian, Slepyshev still around we actually have the right amount of right shots, losing Maroon means we have a hole at LW, so Duclair helps there.

Yamamoto is nowhere near ready

3 to 4 years

But let's rush another prospect

Reactions: dawunderboy

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
RNH + Strome + ? For Pacioretty and Gallagher would be great if we could get a decent 3C in another deal.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
About time we landed Montoya. Its only been what 10 years guys have wanted a blue chipper like that on the team.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Habs must be ready to shake things up as well. That team is going nowhere and the Oilers are a good trade partner.

-Eastern team that needs offense up the middle.

Gallagher+Patches would be a true shakeup addition to this roster and are both excellent top 6 players. They both bring needed elements to this roster.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Glad we got Montoya, saves the trouble of addressing the position in the summer and is an upgrade on LB for the remainder of this season.

I'm thinking we'll see something like this at the TDL:

Maroon to WSH for a 2nd round pick
Letestu to CBJ for a 4th round pick
Gryba to TBL for a 6th round pick
Strome to COL for a prospect and 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad