Rumor: Rumours & Proposals - (Chia discussion will be met with a threadban at minimum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Since the other thread once again went off the rails, continue here and read the warning in the OP.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Can you apply these rules to all the other threads? It seems they all merge into one topic driven by the same posters.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Pass on trading with Montreal. Pacioretty is not the long term answer here and even if he was he will want $8 mill+ on his next contract. He does not get us into the playoffs this year either.

Be patient with Yamamoto, Puljujarvi, and whoever the 1st rounder we get this year.

No more panic trades. RNH, 1st rounder should not be on the table for a deal unless they are needed in a package for like Erik Karlsson coming back. IMO any big trade from now on should have to be cleared with Bob Nicholson. No more free reign, there needs to be some accountability here.

Reactions: McDynasty

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Maybe he’s coming as part of the rumoured RNH Pacioretty package Ferraro was referring to.

id hate to lose rnh but if you could protect the 1st and get shaw....while somehow dumping fayne.....that might be ok. but id probably try and keep rnh at all costs too. so i guess thats round outs to a fat no.

....and im not sure montreal even sniffs that....as we are talking

pacioretty, gallagher, shaw for rnh, 1st and cap

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
id hate to lose rnh but if you could protect the 1st and get shaw....while somehow dumping fayne.....that might be ok. but id probably try and keep rnh at all costs too. so i guess thats round outs to a fat no.

....and im not sure montreal even sniffs that....as we are talking

pacioretty, gallagher, shaw for rnh, 1st and cap

No to this. We've made our bed, making panic trades like this is only going to make things worse.

Pacioretty even if he works out will want a monster contract. It's not worth it. He's already turning 30. He is going to want a 6-7 year 8-9 mill per retirement contract even if things do go well.

No way to our 1st being on the table unless it's Erik Karlsson coming back. I think we need to be honest and accept this is something that could take a couple of years to fix maybe.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Is Ferraro's breakdown of it an actual rumor or just speculation? Ferraro has never really been an "insider", has he?

I'd feel bad for Nuge if he was sent there. I'm not sure the Habs are going to be perennial playoff threats, with or without Price. Not that the Oilers are perennial threats either apparently :laugh:.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I prefer to keep RNH as well. Love Gallagher though. He’s got game. Not sure I’d move RNH for Gallagher and Pacioretty. Just not a huge Pacioretty fan but I’ve never followed his game that closely.

That’s $2.25M more coming back our way. You’d think they would have to take some salary back, maybe Maroon.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Is Ferraro's breakdown of it an actual rumor or just speculation? Ferraro has never really been an "insider", has he?

I'd feel bad for Nuge if he was sent there. I'm not sure the Habs are going to be perennial playoff threats, with or without Price. Not that the Oilers are perennial threats either apparently :laugh:.

Ferraro was discussing on his podcast that RNH and a package involving Pacioiretty would be a fair deal for both teams. Actually I don’t believe it was even a rumour but something he commented on as being a fit for both teams.

I haven’t listened to his new podcast yet, will later tonight or tomorrow morning. I’ve just read some of his commentary on it since it aired yesterday.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think we should just accept another mini-rebuild. We have a team that has too many holes, we had a shot to not be in this situation but the management has made too many mistakes (apparently to this point where he can't even be named in this thread, like he's Sauron or Voldemort, lol).

So the best thing now is get a good pick in the draft this June and develop players like Puljujarvi as best as possible.

RNH is still young and on a fixed contract with term on it. I'd keep him unless we can get someone of similar age with similar contract term who is an equal or better player. Otherwise what's the point.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Can you apply these rules to all the other threads? It seems they all merge into one topic driven by the same posters.

GDT's and PGT's are a little tougher because of the emotion that it can have. If you see thread hijacking/derailing elsewhere you could always report the post and the Mods could take a look at it.

Reactions: Night Witch

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think we should just accept another mini-rebuild. We have a team that has too many holes, we had a shot to not be in this situation but the management has made too many mistakes (apparently to this point where he can't even be named in this thread, like he's Sauron or Voldemort, lol).

So the best thing now is get a good pick in the draft this June and develop players like Puljujarvi as best as possible.

RNH is still young and on a fixed contract with term on it. I'd keep him unless we can get someone of similar age with similar contract term who is an equal or better player. Otherwise what's the point.

I don’t disagree, I’m a big RNH fan and like the 3C but I’m not sure we can afford to run 3C long term. Unless we are getting an overpay coming back I’d prefer to see Sauron stand pat on RNH.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We need an impact defenseman period. Above all else we need a defenseman that can boost our offense at ES and on the PP. We are set down the middle 1-3, the RW should be in good hands with Puljujarvi and eventually Yamamoto or even Maksimov. Up front we could use a one shot scorer, IMO Hoffman is that guy.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd consider Strome for Duclair. Duclair doesn't want to be there and they already have Strome's brother so that probably works for all parties involved.

Lucic McDavid Puljujarvi
Caggiula Draisaitl Yamamoto
Duclair RNH Kassian
blank Khaira Slepyshev

Next year. Let it roll, maybe you have a Tkachuk or Svechnikov added from the draft. With Yamaoto, Puljujarvi, Kassian, Slepyshev still around we actually have the right amount of right shots, losing Maroon means we have a hole at LW, so Duclair helps there.

Reactions: VainGretzky

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
We need an impact defenseman period. Above all else we need a defenseman that can boost our offense at ES and on the PP. We are set down the middle 1-3, the RW should be in good hands with Puljujarvi and eventually Yamamoto or even Maksimov. Up front we could use a one shot scorer, IMO Hoffman is that guy.

Re: D-man...I just don’t know who that player is that’s possibly available. I still think something around Benning for Green for next year is something they should look at.

As for forward prospects, don’t forget Benson, If that kid can stay healthy we might have a good one.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Barring a miracle trade for Karlsson, the problem is that D is not available.

Honestly if they want to make this roster work, hire Daryl Sutter. He can make this flawed roster work, the D group he took to the Finals in Calgary was not any better than the one here, probably worse. Otherwise it's a slow, heavy team just like Sutter likes.

Fixing things by trade will be near impossible. We don't have a smart enough management and we don't have many assets to pull off the type of trade that would transform the back end. So you need to look at the coach IMO.

There's one guy an hour outside of Edmonton just sitting in his barn that probably would've gotten this team in the playoffs this year if this organization had the balls to fire McLellan a month ago.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Ferraro was discussing on his podcast that RNH and a package involving Pacioiretty would be a fair deal for both teams. Actually I don’t believe it was even a rumour but something he commented on as being a fit for both teams.

I haven’t listened to his new podcast yet, will later tonight or tomorrow morning. I’ve just read some of his commentary on it since it aired yesterday.

Ok, thanks...so it seems more on the speculation/"this makes sense for both teams to me" kind of trade chatter.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Re: D-man...I just don’t know who that player is that’s possibly available. I still think something around Benning for Green for next year is something they should look at.

As for forward prospects, don’t forget Benson, If that kid can stay healthy we might have a good one.

I think we have to draft said player. Benson should be good as a top 9 guy not sure if he's 1st line material though.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I don't think the forwards are the problem.

Our D suck. They can't make an outlet pass. They can't hit the net on the PP. They can't skate fast enough to get to and win puck battles on the PK.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think the forwards are the problem.

Our D suck. They can't make an outlet pass. They can't hit the net on the PP. They can't skate fast enough to get to and win puck battles on the PK.

You need a defensive minded coach for that to work. Darryl Sutter got Calgary to game 7 of the Finals with a worse D-corps. He would whip this team into shape pretty damn quick IMO. It just might not be the most entertaining brand of hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad