• Dal in 6

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
So the team that beat the "Nevada Cap-Circumventers" is our next opponent....

I would say we should go for the early kill and steal Game 1 in Dallas. Dallas still recovering from this hard fought series, the AVS well rested.

If we want to get home-ice, Game 1 should be our biggest chance.

I hope Georgiev can ride his wave. He will get way more tested against Dallas than he was against the Jets. Thats for sure.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Yes - I think HE has this as a personal goal ... as an Avs fan from their beginning - not much there for me. We've spanked his ass a number of times and ways since the departure. We are his white whale ... kinda fun :cool:
You know who else is an Avs fan since childhood? Matt Duchene. He should be happy either way at the end of the series, win-win for him.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Well I was wrong about Winnipeg being a huge challenge for the Avs. I think at times they were, but we mostly imposed our will & played our game.

Dallas is a whole other beast imo. DeBoer knows how to break our system down and make it very tough to overcome. Add in a goaltender who doesn’t inspire confidence, and the Avs have a very tough challenge coming their way imo.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
A tougher opponent than the Jets. Eight forwards with 50+ points in the regular season. But someone pointed out how they are thin on D. They also played a full seven games while we got to rest. We should be able to play fast and make it tough for them.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Avs really need Georgiev not to shit the bed tomorrow. Game 1 is a huge opportunity to jump out and surprise a tired and emotionally spent Dallas team and steal home ice right off the bat.

Reminds me so much of when the Avs destroyed Vegas in game one after the Knights won their game 7. Teams give their all in game sevens and the NHL didn't do the Stars any favors with the quick turn around schedule. Avs need to take advantage of it.

Last edited:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

This postseason looks so much like the cup run for the Avs in 2022. A crap central team in round 1, then a good central team which thrived on spread out production in round 2. Followed by shitting on Edmonton in the WCF lol.

Prefer Dallas to Vegas. Not saying it will be any easier.

So do I. Vegas' center depth was concerning, I'm much more comfortable against Dallas down the middle. I even thought Vegas had the better defense. Dallas has pretty much been playing with only five defensemen. That shit is going to catch up to them against Colorado in the altitude.

Over seven games:

1715003895136.png

Meanwhile the Avs defense should be significantly more fresh, not even considering the week off

1715004470440.png

But IMO, in the end Bednar and Deboer are going to decide this series.

Last edited:

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I hope we send the psychopaths and Nuke in to hit Tanev every chance we get. Fantastic defensive D, right there in the group with Logan and Johnston for Stars that are likeable but he’s been plagued by injury problems his whole career. Good clean hits only but he might get banged up enough to start losing effectiveness. I suspect we see a reunion between him and the Canucks this summer

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $145.00