Rumor: Rumours & Proposals - (Chia discussion will be met with a threadban at minimum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Curious where Duclair goes. I'm really about bringing in some proven players, but he just intrigues me too much to discount bringing him in.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Curious where Duclair goes. I'm really about bringing in some proven players, but he just intrigues me too much to discount bringing him in.
I'm also watching this and I'm with you I think he would make a good fit here, getting him out of AZ might just be what he needs.

Maybe become something of what Versteeg was the Hawks for the Oilers.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm also watching this and I'm with you I think he would make a good fit here, getting him out of AZ might just be what he needs.

Maybe become something of what Versteeg was the Hawks for the Oilers.
My thought process is I still want Maroon at a decent rate and decent term. However, if Duclair doesn't cost a lot and you can give him a trial run now. It would really help you this off-season in making other decisions depending on Maroon.

I just hate to see him go for a 2nd and B prospect. Find out Maroon is gone. Go into next year with Khaira as our 2nd best LW. Be nice to see if Duclair is a fit. If he only appears ready to be a 3rd liner then fine you go out and get something else, but if he does well you can focus elsewhere.

Kinda what the Montoya trade is just bigger. Maybe Montoya isn't the answer for next year, but lets see what there is now.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I feel like Maroon might not resign here. After his fiance got harassed for his hit on Doughty and got death threats I think he may want to move on for her sake.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No...but I bet it has his fiance not wanting to be in this city.

Most other fan bases don't have bat**** fans like that.
I still can't see that being legitimate. It doesn't pass the smell test to me as to why 'fans' would be harassing her.

Regardless though, I'm not sure how certain it was that Maroon is going to be re-signed in the first place.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I still can't see that being legitimate. It doesn't pass the smell test to me as to why 'fans' would be harassing her.

Regardless though, I'm not sure how certain it was that Maroon is going to be re-signed in the first place.

So you think she made it up for a laugh or something?

The thing about crazy people is that they're irrational.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I like what TM said last night, they have been looking and trying to get a back up for weeks, and that trades arent like NHL18 and usually take weeks to sort the selves out. Its not easy to make a trade in the NHL anymore.

Reactions: Night Witch

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So you think she made it up for a laugh or something?

The thing about crazy people is that they're irrational.
No, I think that the internet is filled with these types of people called trolls. I can't wrap my head around anyone being so heavily invested in the outcome of an Oilers hockey game at this point to threaten the safety of Patrick Maroon's fiance after he ran Drew Doughty, which I fully endorse as a card-holding Oilers fan.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I like what TM said last night, they have been looking and trying to get a back up for weeks, and that trades arent like NHL18 and usually take weeks to sort the selves out. Its not easy to make a trade in the NHL anymore.
Especially when you're losing and have an obvious organizational need.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
No, I think that the internet is filled with these types of people called trolls. I can't wrap my head around anyone being so heavily invested in the outcome of an Oilers hockey game at this point to threaten the safety of Patrick Maroon's fiance after he ran Drew Doughty, which I fully endorse as a card-holding Oilers fan.
If it was actually Oilers fans or not is a moot point. She got harassed by people online calling themselves Oilers fans. That would sour anyone on a city. Whether the people were Edmontonian, Oilers fans etc is a different argument. Fact of the matter is, it happened and Maroon has a few days off to sit pissed about it.

Reactions: oXo Cube

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

OK.

But it still happened and the effects that that has on a persons psyche are still very real.

Whether it's people that were serious or 'just trolling lol!!1' doesn't actually mean anything.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I honestly can't remember which teams or who was involved, but a trade was made one year close to the deadline. Something that was probably similar to Montoya. Low end pick for a low end player. The GM came out and said they had been working on it since November.

Like how the f*** does something so small take months? Pretty sure the guy traded was a 4th liner or bottom pairing d-man.

I understand that the Hall trade went back a whole year, but that was two new gm's that were talking about what they potentially need and would do some evaluation first.

I don't think taking a month to get a goalie is that bad as there has been a lot of moving parts, however at times I do question how something so small could take months like it apparently does at times.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If it was actually Oilers fans or not is a moot point. She got harassed by people online calling themselves Oilers fans. That would sour anyone on a city. Whether the people were Edmontonian, Oilers fans etc is a different argument. Fact of the matter is, it happened and Maroon has a few days off to sit pissed about it.

OK.

But it still happened and the effects that that has on a persons psyche are still very real.

Whether it's people that were serious or 'just trolling lol!!1' doesn't actually mean anything.

In the end I think this plays very little in swaying whether or not he re-signs here.

In all honesty, he and Letestu are our biggest trade chips as playoff rentals.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Unfortunate if she went private, because if she didn't I'm sure Oiler fans could've just went and filled her inbox with good messages.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I really don't know anything about this, but why would Oiler fans threaten them? I got the impression from this thread that this was about the Doughty hit, so wouldn't that be Kings fans?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
In the end I think this plays very little in swaying whether or not he re-signs here.

In all honesty, he and Letestu are our biggest trade chips as playoff rentals.

In general, I agree with this.

I think Maroon was more than ready to sign an extension here but the teams performance this season has probably soured any interest in continuing the relationship for both sides of the negotiation.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I honestly can't remember which teams or who was involved, but a trade was made one year close to the deadline. Something that was probably similar to Montoya. Low end pick for a low end player. The GM came out and said they had been working on it since November.

Like how the **** does something so small take months? Pretty sure the guy traded was a 4th liner or bottom pairing d-man.

I understand that the Hall trade went back a whole year, but that was two new gm's that were talking about what they potentially need and would do some evaluation first.

I don't think taking a month to get a goalie is that bad as there has been a lot of moving parts, however at times I do question how something so small could take months like it apparently does at times.

Look at the Duchence deal, took over a year to work out.

Its a reality that oiler fans dont put any thought into.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I really don't know anything about this, but why would Oiler fans threaten them? I got the impression from this thread that this was about the Doughty hit, so wouldn't that be Kings fans?

I am assuming based on the tweet that fans were mad about him making the hit because it put us on the 5 minute PK which allowed a bunch of goals. LA fans would say f*** all cause they won and Doughty didn't even miss a period.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
OK.

So you're saying people should troll Karlssons wife so he doesn't sign in Ottawa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad